Our Escape Wedding TR/PJ ~ 06/2010 WP/Mizner's/Citricos

I just came across your PJ and first I wanted to say, your dress (and you) are gorgeous! I love it. And honestly, I think DB has a great selection of lovely dresses. Secondly congrats on getting engaged and choosing a Disney wedding. I love your color choices and the STDs are really cute!

And thirdly, I'm a fellow chemistry lover. Currently I'm teaching it but I'd love to go to grad school (once I figure out which topic I really want to study) and I'm also marrying a fellow science geek (but he's more of a bio nerd).

YAY another science geek!! How fantastic that you and your DF are both teachers! My DF is also a science geek but he has luckily already finished up his PhD. Grad school is great (well sometimes, hehe...it gets worse the longer you're here lol!) and my advice is if you're going to do it for the long haul, just know what you want to do with your degree! There's been way too many people dropping out of my program because they realize they don't need a PhD for their dream career :confused3. But organic chemistry is awesome, the best type of chemistry out of them all hehe! :cool2:

Thanks for your sweet comments :flower3:. I wasn't too sure about David's Bridal a while ago but now I'm a huge fan!!!

I actually tried that dress on too!! Its a beautiful dress and you look amazing in it!!! You're so tiny!!!! I love it and i'm so happy for you that you got it.

P.s. i think that dress deserves a DP so that you can have some pictures of it with some fireworks! :)

Thank you Katie! I know, I think I might have to seriously consider SCP now that you've brought it up as a reception site. I've already told my DF about it, now we just have to get our wedding planner. We were going to host the reception dinner at Citricos, which I still like the idea of, but I love the idea of doing both the dinner and DP at the same pretty location :cutie:.

wow that dress looks amazing on you!!! also your save the dates are so cute!! i know what you mean about veils.. i don't think i'm a veil kinda gal either.. i think i'm going to have flowers in my hair instead! loving your plans and can't wait to read more!!! :goodvibes

Thanks Sam for stopping by! Flowers are a great alternative to a veil I think, I haven't seen one in someone's hair that I didn't like!

So I've been obsessing about shoes recently. I know that I am going to wear colored shoes - I love the idea of wearing something out of the ordinary. I really thought I wanted to wear colored flats because I didn't want to be uncomfortable all day. But now I'm really into the idea of bright blue heels (so they can be my "something blue")! I've found some really cute ones...

9994-950877-d.jpg

ELECTRA_CHINA-BLUE_large.jpg

Alas, what's a girl to do :goodvibes. I really should get back to work...

So I've been obsessing about shoes recently. I know that I am going to wear colored shoes - I love the idea of wearing something out of the ordinary. I really thought I wanted to wear colored flats because I didn't want to be uncomfortable all day. But now I'm really into the idea of bright blue heels (so they can be my "something blue")! I've found some really cute ones...

8521-934923-d.jpg

9994-950877-d.jpg

1056329-p-DETAILED.jpg

ELECTRA_CHINA-BLUE_large.jpg

Alas, what's a girl to do :goodvibes. I really should get back to work...

SO weird..I actually had planned to wear blue shoes.. I just thought it was a cute way to incorporate the "something blue". Thanks to your info, I contacted Randy and asked him for his rates...so we'll see...I'm hoping I can squeeze him in our budget (if I find a really nice dress at DB, thats relatively cheap..I think we'll be able to swing him, FINGERS CROSSED:littleangel:). Not sure if I commented on your save the dates yet, but I love them..so cute!

Your Save the Dates are so cute! Great job! I love that quote, we were going to use it on our invitations but then at DFSIL's wedding her MOH used it in her speech. I was so upset, but I'm glad to see other people using it. I think it is so perfect for a Disney wedding!

Love the shoes! The last ones are sooo pretty!

SO weird..I actually had planned to wear blue shoes.. I just thought it was a cute way to incorporate the "something blue". Thanks to your info, I contacted Randy and asked him for his rates...so we'll see...I'm hoping I can squeeze him in our budget (if I find a really nice dress at DB, thats relatively cheap..I think we'll be able to swing him, FINGERS CROSSED:littleangel:). Not sure if I commented on your save the dates yet, but I love them..so cute!

YES blue shoes! Let me know when you find some cute ones and we can compare! ;) Yay I hope you can get Randy! I know the $450 deal goes through January, so I'm sure you'll get the same price and hopefully he is free on your day!! He is SO nice...I know I read a lot about him being awesome on here, but when I spoke with him about what I wanted for my pictures, he was so accommodating and knew exactly what I was talking about in regards to the style of photography I was looking for.

Your Save the Dates are so cute! Great job! I love that quote, we were going to use it on our invitations but then at DFSIL's wedding her MOH used it in her speech. I was so upset, but I'm glad to see other people using it. I think it is so perfect for a Disney wedding!

Love the shoes! The last ones are sooo pretty!

Thanks Pez! :goodvibes The first time I read that quote, I was knew I had to have it somewhere...it's SO Disney. That sucks the MOH used it in her speech! I think you could still get away with incorporating it somewhere though ;). I think the last pair of shoes are my favorites! I love the strap, peep toe, and bow! And I want a really bright blue so they stand out in my photos, hehe.

I like your std -so bright and colorful! The quote does fit perfectly too! the blue shoes are wonderful and I love the bright pair, I dyed my crinnie blue as my something blue but still made add blue shoes for ceremony......:goodvibes

The dress is lovely and looks gorgeous on you. You done a great job with the STD's they look fab.
I love the idea of wearing coloured shoes, the 2nd pair are my fave, i love the diamonte on them :)

Your dress really suits you, its perfect on you. Great STDs as well.

I like your std -so bright and colorful! The quote does fit perfectly too! the blue shoes are wonderful and I love the bright pair, I dyed my crinnie blue as my something blue but still made add blue shoes for ceremony......:goodvibes

Thank you! :cool1: We were going to go with a green backdrop, but then we found this darling Disney paper collage and had to pick that instead...I'm loving the colors too! Dying is a neat option...I might have to look into that if I can't pick a pair I like that's already blue.

The dress is lovely and looks gorgeous on you. You done a great job with the STD's they look fab.
I love the idea of wearing coloured shoes, the 2nd pair are my fave, i love the diamonte on them :)

Thanks Sarah! The diamonte is gorgeous, that's what attracted me to them too. I think they are more elegant of the 4 and that's why I like them...I wish they were brighter though!

Your dress really suits you, its perfect on you. Great STDs as well.

Thanks, Chilly! I'm glad you like them! :yay:

Thanks Sarah! The diamonte is gorgeous, that's what attracted me to them too. I think they are more elegant of the 4 and that's why I like them...I wish they were brighter though!

Them in the colour of number 4 would be perfect, a more brighter colour would be nicer for the wedding i think but the diamonte is so gorgeous and the stye is lovely

WOW Jessica you're right!!!!! Yay :cool1:! You're about to hit that point too!

On a totally separate note, my dress arrived at the store :love:, which is SUPER fast since they said it was expected to be there in February! Now I just have to wait for it to be shipped to me!

WOW Jessica you're right!!!!! Yay :cool1:! You're about to hit that point too!

On a totally separate note, my dress arrived at the store :love:, which is SUPER fast since they said it was expected to be there in February! Now I just have to wait for it to be shipped to me!

Thats great news!! I always felt like they just said that it takes sooo long for it to come in because they just want to make the sale that day...that is verry exciting though, I cannot wait to have my dress all picked out :woohoo:

oh, and I've been talking with Randy about working within our budget and we've been emailing...so hopefully I'll book him soon:jumping1::tigger::tigger:

I hope Randy works out for you! Have you heard back from him yet?

Nothing really new to update...though I am waiting to get assigned my coordinator! Everything is set and I heard last week that I should hear from one within the week...so i'm waiting!!!!!!!!! Save the Dates are all out and I'm still waiting on my dress to arrive. Has anyone used David's Bridal alterations?? If you buy your dress there, is that where you had it altered? I'm contemplating whether or not they're going to rip me off (I've read a good amount of stories online about how expensive they seem to be for simple things). So I'm just not sure if I should just find a new alterations place or just use David's.

I hope Randy works out for you! Have you heard back from him yet?

Nothing really new to update...though I am waiting to get assigned my coordinator! Everything is set and I heard last week that I should hear from one within the week...so i'm waiting!!!!!!!!! Save the Dates are all out and I'm still waiting on my dress to arrive. Has anyone used David's Bridal alterations?? If you buy your dress there, is that where you had it altered? I'm contemplating whether or not they're going to rip me off (I've read a good amount of stories online about how expensive they seem to be for simple things). So I'm just not sure if I should just find a new alterations place or just use David's.

WE BOOKED RANDY!!!! I'm sooo happy with him:banana: and I really owe you a huge thank you because you are the one who opened my eyes to how affordable he is!!! My sister used DB for her dress and alterations, I'll ask her if she thinks she got overcharged and let you know.

Yay! No problem! I'm just happy you are going with him too instead of paying so much $$$ for the Disney CD...now you get 2 photographers! :thumbsup2

Yesterday we made reservations at a couple restaurants during our honeymoon! We'll be having dinner with some family one night at the Biergarten in Epcot, dinner at Chef Mickey's with his Dad's family and their adorable 3 yr old, a fun lunch one of the days at Cinderella's Royal Table and dinner at the California Grill another night! yay! :thumbsup2.

Oh and I got my dress yesterday!! I was having doubts during the time I was waiting for it, but after seeing it I realized how pretty it was again and that I loved it just the same. Good thing I only waited a couple weeks for it, who knows how I would have done waiting months! I'm pretty much the most indecisive person alive. I felt like some of the girls on Say Yes to the Dress who freak out and wonder if they'll still like their dress. I can't wait have my alterations done but will be waiting until after the holidays because I have so much going on right now.

Say Yes to the Dress has become one of my favorite shows..lol..Great reservations, you'll have to let me know how Chef Mickey's is because I hear amazingness about it. I should have a dress in 2 weeks when I go home to shop...I'm hoping I try one on and its the ONE. haha, have you ever noticed how awful Randy's emails are? LOL, I just read one from him and it took like 3 times reading it to finally understand what he is saying..

Just popping in to say I graduated from UVa in 2004! My cousin is there now getting a Masters in Nursing.
Also congrats on getting your dress! Glad you still like it :thumbsup2
Your STDs are really cute too. I love your wedding colors!

I like your wedding webpage

Thanks! I forgot to make a post about it, but I'm glad you saw it on my sig. I'm holding out on including wedding ceremony and reception details until after we send out all the save the dates (still waiting on sending just one) and I talk to my WP!

Say Yes to the Dress has become one of my favorite shows..lol..Great reservations, you'll have to let me know how Chef Mickey's is because I hear amazingness about it. I should have a dress in 2 weeks when I go home to shop...I'm hoping I try one on and its the ONE. haha, have you ever noticed how awful Randy's emails are? LOL, I just read one from him and it took like 3 times reading it to finally understand what he is saying..

Me too! Eric hates watching it, which I can see why...but I love it and it's my new guilty pleasure. I will let you know about Chef Mickeys! I'm really excited to have a reservation there, I just know the kids will love it...heh and me too!

Yay for buying a dress, I can't wait to see what you choose! Yes Randy's emails are pretty horrible...it took a while to decipher it:confused3. I think he's much better over the phone!

Just popping in to say I graduated from UVa in 2004! My cousin is there now getting a Masters in Nursing.
Also congrats on getting your dress! Glad you still like it :thumbsup2
Your STDs are really cute too. I love your wedding colors!

Hi fellow Wahoo!! Did you hear we got a new football coach?? Al Groh is out! Thanks for the sweet comments! :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter