Our Escape Wedding TR/PJ ~ 06/2010 WP/Mizner's/Citricos

Hi Wendy. I just read your PJ and your plans sound great! You have so much done already! I love your dress it looks gorgeous on you. I also really like the rose petals. They are very pretty. I think having a DP would be perfect for an escape wedding! Sago Cay or the Marina at the GF would be very nice and most likely cheaper than a location in Epcot.

Ooo I love the Disney Storybook idea, it's awesome! :thumbsup2

Thanks!! :thumbsup2 Our plan is to have the "guest book" set up at the Wedding Pavilion like a normal guest book would be, but also have it available for our guests to sign at the cake cutting!!

Hi Wendy. I just read your PJ and your plans sound great! You have so much done already! I love your dress it looks gorgeous on you. I also really like the rose petals. They are very pretty. I think having a DP would be perfect for an escape wedding! Sago Cay or the Marina at the GF would be very nice and most likely cheaper than a location in Epcot.

Thanks Pixie! Sago Cay can definitely be done cheaper than a lot of the sites in Epcot, mostly because there is not site rental fee!! I recommend it for anyone looking into a Dessert Party :banana:

Happy 2010 everyone!! :banana: It's been a couple of days since I've updated...I've been so busy and I can't believe it's already January! I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and new years. I've spent the last couple days traveling back to Virginia from being home for the holidays, spending time with DF's family, unpacking and celebrating New Year's Eve with wonderful friends.

22536_754589953639_11802355_42107965_1313253_n.jpg

A couple new wedding related updates:

1) Found the guest welcome bags (got them for free!!):

ry%3D400

2) Decided to hold our reception dinner at Citrico's in the Grand Floridian Resort! We currently have reservations!!!

3) Decided AGAINST the dessert party :eek:. Unfortunately, even holding one at Sago Cay was a bit expensive for us (+25 guests) and we have instead decided to allocate that money toward the wedding itself. In the end, $30 desserts/per person (which was the cheapest menu option) didn't fit out budget! But we are totally cool with it and know our guests will have an amazing dinner and night nonetheless. :dance3:

4) Found out my mom wants me to wear a VEIL. EEK! I totally wasn't planning on it (I really don't want one!!), but I guess my mom has always pictured me with one. When I told her I wasn't going to have one, she totally freaked out. So now I'm going to try and get a cage veil that she'll be happy with...if not, it'll be a normal one that I'll rip off my head after the ceremony :rolleyes1.

Things I need to do include invitations, getting my dress altered, talk with Rosie about flowers, and find a Welcome Dinner location!!

That's all for now ladies! :cutie:

aww, great pics, you guys look so cute together!

The welcome bags are really great, and free is even better!

Citricos is a great location for a wedding dinner! We wanted to do our reception there but it would cost a ton to rent out the whole restaurant. Years ago it was closed one night so you could have held a reception there.

What time is your dinner? I didn't realize they did this, but you can actually see some of the Wishes fireworks from Citricos and they pipe the music in too! So if you timed it right you may be able to see the fireworks from there.

aww, great pics, you guys look so cute together!

The welcome bags are really great, and free is even better!

Citricos is a great location for a wedding dinner! We wanted to do our reception there but it would cost a ton to rent out the whole restaurant. Years ago it was closed one night so you could have held a reception there.

What time is your dinner? I didn't realize they did this, but you can actually see some of the Wishes fireworks from Citricos and they pipe the music in too! So if you timed it right you may be able to see the fireworks from there.

Thank you Sara! Our dinner reservation at Citricos is at 5:30 or 6 pm, can't quite remember. So we'll probably miss the fireworks but our ceremony is at 2:30-about 4ish, so we can't really push the dinner back further. It would have been cool though, thanks for the suggestion! :goodvibes

We aren't renting out the whole restaurant (can't afford that!) but Citricos was great at accommodating our large party of about 25 people. We are just going to have 2 large tables in the restaurant during their normal dining hours and hang out with the other dining patrons. I wanted something more private so we were thinking of hosting the reception at Sago Cay, but their menu was more limited and our guests would have to choose their meals prior to the wedding day, which I thought was a hassle. We'd have to pay extra for a bar set up at Sago Cay, which was also pricey. At Citricos, we'll order the meals from the fixed menu we choose when we're there. They have a four course menu for large parties, with a lot of options for our guests!

Aww cute pics!! I love that you decided on Citricos...that is one of my favorite restaurants! Df and I are going there on our honeymoon. Everything sounds great!!

And about the veil...I didn't think I was going to wear one either. Or if I did it would be a birdcage...but I ended up with one because it looked great with my dress. You never know ;)

everything looks and sounds great! the story book is a great idea. I have seen people using them as autograph books too!love the pics! love the welcome bags....:goodvibes

Happy New Year! Your pictures of you and DF are adorable. Looks like you had a fun night. We are also just doing a normal dinner after the wedding too..I was nervous at first about it, but I've gotten used to the idea. I've only heard amazing things about Citricos, but I've never eaten there.

Oh..and check out the park hours the week you are there....most of the parks close at 7...other than magic park hours.

Your plans sound great. You and Eric make an absolutely stunning couple! I think you'd look drop dead grogeous in a cage veil. I feel your pain: both mom and FMIL are rooting for a veil, but my dress is so intricate in the back and I want a really cool hairstyle, I don't think a veil would work.

Citricos sounds yummy. Sad about a DP, but I think a dinner + a DP would be too much (food and money) so I think you're making a wise decision.

And woo hoo for adorable welcome bags FOR FREE! :banana:

Yay for Citricos! I have never dined there but deff. will next time I am down. It looks so beautiful in there. Your guests will also be able to see the GF too, which will be nice since it's so lovely. The bags you got are so cute! BTW I love your New Years Eve outfit!

Aww cute pics!! I love that you decided on Citricos...that is one of my favorite restaurants! Df and I are going there on our honeymoon. Everything sounds great!!

And about the veil...I didn't think I was going to wear one either. Or if I did it would be a birdcage...but I ended up with one because it looked great with my dress. You never know ;)

Thank you Mandy! I'm glad to hear you like Citricos. I couldn't find many DisBride's opinions on it other than just the public reviews on it. You know I think you're right about the veil though, I only tried on one crappy one DB's gave me briefly...so I'm willing. It just wasn't in the plans, but I think I can make it work for the ceremony at least. Anything for my mommy! :lovestruc

everything looks and sounds great! the story book is a great idea. I have seen people using them as autograph books too!love the pics! love the welcome bags....:goodvibes

Thank you Tammy! Once I figured out that a Disney storybook could double as a usable keepsake and guest book, I was elated. Now I just have to pick which one I want!

Happy New Year! Your pictures of you and DF are adorable. Looks like you had a fun night. We are also just doing a normal dinner after the wedding too..I was nervous at first about it, but I've gotten used to the idea. I've only heard amazing things about Citricos, but I've never eaten there.

Oh..and check out the park hours the week you are there....most of the parks close at 7...other than magic park hours.

We did, NYE was so much fun! Yay for normal dinners for receptions! :yay: I really think it will fit the theme of our intimate Disney wedding really well anyway. I mean we only have 25 people, which for me isn't really enough to rent out a room or use a hall. Wow, thanks for pointing out the park hours!! That's one think I never even looked at. I'm surprised Hollywood Studios isn't open later for it being June. I talked with my DF and we're going to figure out our park schedule when the wedding gets closer :banana:

Your plans sound great. You and Eric make an absolutely stunning couple! I think you'd look drop dead grogeous in a cage veil. I feel your pain: both mom and FMIL are rooting for a veil, but my dress is so intricate in the back and I want a really cool hairstyle, I don't think a veil would work.

Citricos sounds yummy. Sad about a DP, but I think a dinner + a DP would be too much (food and money) so I think you're making a wise decision.

And woo hoo for adorable welcome bags FOR FREE! :banana:

aww thanks Sam. I do really think a cage veil would work best for me, too. Besides I have REALLY short hair...so there's not much I'm doing with it anyway and I've read a lot about cage veils working with short hair styles! I will try some one probably next month when I go to get my dress altered! :thumbsup2 I've picked out a couple on Esty that I'm going to order.

Hmm, maybe you could try a fingertip sheer veil with very little fluff...that way you can still see the gorgeous details in your dress. And you could stick with the cool hairstyle and just take the veil off after the ceremony?

I thought the same thing about too much food. We are going to have cake, then a four course meal that already includes dessert...I think a DP would be too much food! Instead we are going to just hang out at Citricos and try to catch the Wishes fireworks with some drinks on the patio :goodvibes

Yay for Citricos! I have never dined there but deff. will next time I am down. It looks so beautiful in there. Your guests will also be able to see the GF too, which will be nice since it's so lovely. The bags you got are so cute! BTW I love your New Years Eve outfit!

I keep hearing wonderful things about Citricos. I haven't read too many DisBrides that have used it for a reception, but they have been wonderful to work with so far! and yes it's gorgeous in there! Thank goodness I won't have to worry about reception decor, which I was worried about if we held the reception dinner at Sago Cay Point.

I got my NYE dress at Victoria's Secret. :love: I think my new found love is textured tights!

Thank you Mandy! I'm glad to hear you like Citricos. I couldn't find many DisBride's opinions on it other than just the public reviews on it. You know I think you're right about the veil though, I only tried on one crappy one DB's gave me briefly...so I'm willing. It just wasn't in the plans, but I think I can make it work for the ceremony at least. Anything for my mommy! :lovestruc

Seriously...the food and the service were amazing. We felt like it's what a true signature restaurant should be!!

And the veil's at DB...so expensive. We ended up getting mine there but only because my Mom returned a dress she bought and they don't give refunds so we bought some stuff to even it out, lol.

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Welcome! :banana:

So I don't have any new wedding updates :mad:. January is a super busy non-wedding related month for me! I have already scheduled February as my big wedding to-do stuff month.

I'm a shoe girl. My shoes are just as important to me as the dress, which is crazy since no one will really see them. I have been trying to figure out what shoes to wear because I'd like to have them (or at least need an idea of the heel height!) when I get my dress altered next month. At first I wanted flats, then I wanted colored heels, but the more I think about it, I don't want to spend any money on shoes I'll never wear again since I'm already doing that with the dress. Now I'm pretty much set on buying black heels because I absolutely know I will wear them again. It's pretty unconventional to be a black shoe bride, but my whole wedding is so I just don't care too much about that. And in my mind, I can completely justify spending a good amount of money on amazing heels because I know I will wear them many times again (hah this is what I tell my DF!) :cool1: I love Badgley Mischka's line of evening shoes, so I will end up with one of these. I just can't decide which one! :confused:

1029935_fpx.tif

pl735148-01vliv01.jpg

pl763652-01vliv01.jpg

LOVE these:
DNA00269.jpg

you have great shoe taste. I love them all.

p.s. when are you going to be in Disney, I never actually found out if you'll be there when we are there....

Hi Wendy! :wave2:

I saw your title "shoes" and had to check it out. I am a HUGE shoe girl as well and think I searched online and in stores for about 6-7 months before I decided on a pair. (My first choice was Giuseppe Zanotti's at $570- and I couldn't spend that!) I wanted to let you know (in case you didn't already) that there are a number of designers who make wedding shoes in fabrics that can be dyed after the wedding. (and I'm not talking about 'dyeables' here - I mean the likes of Stuart Weitzman and Kate Spade) IDk if you've checked out myglassslipper.com, but under the couture section you'll find the Badgley Mischka's you posted and a lot of others & under the shoe descriptions they tell you if they can be dyed afterwards. Just a thought b/c if the only reason you're looking at black is to get more bang for your buck- this might be a good option instead. HTH!! :goodvibes

Oh Wendy I love these!!! I wish I was shorter so I could wear fun heels on our wedding day!

Thanks Amanda! There's so many cute flat options out there too :thumbsup2

Ohh.... I really like them all! Especially the third pair!

I like the third pair too, I think they are really elegant and would be a great bridal shoe in white, too. Which makes me want them in black.

you have great shoe taste. I love them all.

p.s. when are you going to be in Disney, I never actually found out if you'll be there when we are there....

Thanks Jessica! I love shoes. I only wish I wasn't a poor grad student so I could afford to buy more, hah. We are going to be in Disney starting June 1st when we arrive, through June 10th when we leave!! When are you guys going to be there? We'll most definitely overlap, only it might be when you're super busy with wedding stuff! :guilty:

Hi Wendy! :wave2:

I saw your title "shoes" and had to check it out. I am a HUGE shoe girl as well and think I searched online and in stores for about 6-7 months before I decided on a pair. (My first choice was Giuseppe Zanotti's at $570- and I couldn't spend that!) I wanted to let you know (in case you didn't already) that there are a number of designers who make wedding shoes in fabrics that can be dyed after the wedding. (and I'm not talking about 'dyeables' here - I mean the likes of Stuart Weitzman and Kate Spade) IDk if you've checked out myglassslipper.com, but under the couture section you'll find the Badgley Mischka's you posted and a lot of others & under the shoe descriptions they tell you if they can be dyed afterwards. Just a thought b/c if the only reason you're looking at black is to get more bang for your buck- this might be a good option instead. HTH!! :goodvibes

Giuseppe Zanotti = :lovestruc. My dream wedding shoe is the Christian Louboutin satin d'orsay pumps ringing in at a wopping $895...but there's NO way I can spend that much on a shoe right now, even if it's for my wedding :guilty:. So I've been searching for a more affordable option for the last couple months now...but it's getting down to the wire when I need to buy a pair! Thank you for the suggestions!! I have been to myglassslipper.com and saw the gorgeous shoes that can be dyed and I considered that as a great option for my dilemma, but I've read so much about dyed shoes not lasting long so I'm a bit apprehensive toward doing it with such a nice pair of shoes. Though no doubt I'd be dying them black afterwards! Have you heard anything about this?

One shoe I'm in love with is the Kate Spade Clarice:

10942-782749-d.jpg

I could definitely see me wearing these puppies again with a LBD. But it's only in hot pink and I can't find a way to make that fit...I don't really have any hot pink anywhere in the wedding. :confused3 I COULD put hot pink in there though! I could always change my bouquet color to make it fit for the shoe hehe.

I too loved the Louboutin's d'orsay. I remember drooling over them. I even tried to use the rationale that my dress cost X so to stay in proportion w/ the dress cost I can easily spend that on shoes. But, then I came to my senses and kept it in the $200 range. Anyway....

I have only ever had 2 pairs of shoes dyed. One was cheapy dyeables back in HS to match my dress for a homecoming dance (what was I thinking! :eek:). The other were semi-decent shoes I had to buy for another wedding and hated the color so they're now a fun Deep Violet. The only issue I've had is that my heel has had a stain at the end of the night b/c of the dye bleeding thru. No biggie IMHO. I've never heard of the color fading, but I haven't researched it either. My wedding heels are "not dyeable" so they've been sitting in their felt bag since the wedding :sad1:, but I know I will find a way to wear 'em again.:cheer2:

Ultimately, I think you need to decide what is best for you and something that doesn't make you rethink your whole wedding color scheme over. That's just adding more stressers. In the end, I was happy I didn't overspend on something as insignificant (to my guests) as shoes. It's always better to splurge on other things that your guests will notice and appreciate. Hope I helped some and can't wait to see what you decide. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter