Our Dining Review - Byte by Bite (*NEW Final Day 8 w/Pictures)

AWSOME AWSOME review. My son has to have the rice crispy mickey!!!!! Thanks for taking the time to post this review.
Teresa

We have ADRs for many of the same places for our trip in Sept/Oct. I was having second thoughts about Hoop Dee Doo until I read your review! Thanks so much for your time in reporting all of this!

Thanks for the awesome pictures with the reviews! I think I have to have one of those extra large Mickey rice krispie treats. I totally agree with you about Chef Mickeys and the room where you were because all of the characters rushed by us the morning we were seated there.

Thanks for the awesome reviews!! We have ADR's in September for a lot of the same places. We also loved Hoop-de-Doo. :love: :love:

I can't wait to read more!!

Great reviews...we also loved HDDR! We did the SW stuff the weekend before you on June 3rd and then went to MK that night to see Wishes. It was a nice ending for our vacation.
Susan

Thanks for the great review - I am ordering some of those yummy foods now that I have seen the pictures. I just killed an hour of work time reading all the great reviews thanks. :banana:

Day 8: Soggy tacos, French pastries and a fond farewell.

There it was. That cold, heartless envelope that lay on the floor just inside the door condemning you back to the real world; a world less magical. Today was our check out day….

We slept in and found ourselves racing around to get packed up and checked out on time. A quick survey of the fridge showed that we made good use of our groceries with only a little bit of juice, 2 eggs and a few slices of bread to leave behind. No time for breakfast today as we rushed to take showers and recover stray socks from under every piece of furniture in the place! We finally got it all together and downstairs to be stored until our 3:20pm pickup time from Magical Express.

The rain was falling steadily thanks to Tropical Storm Alberto, but that wasn’t about to spoil our fun. We had been blessed all week with great weather and I surely wasn’t going to spend our last day cooped up in the resort. After all, we didn’t schedule a 6:30pm flight back to Houston for nothing! C’mon guys, don those Mickey rain ponchos and come along with me! What?? DH just wants to sit in the hotel and read? Traitor! How can this be? It’s our last day! Oh, all right then. The boys and I will wade over to Epcot without you. And so, quite contented, DH visited the Marketplace for a new novel, a light snack and settled quite peacefully into one of the many beautiful sitting rooms at the Beach Club.

sittingroom.jpg

Anxious to take a ride on Test Track, the boys and I sloshed through the International Gateway. Afraid that it would be down due to inclement weather, we were surprised to find many people hopping in the queue. Within a few minutes we were on the loading dock and excited to be riding for the first time this trip. Of course, that’s when it all stopped and the CM’s announced that the ride was temporarily down. Giving the impression that it might open momentarily, we all plopped down and chatted amongst neighbors and ourselves.

testtrack.jpg

After about 40 minutes of fun, I asked a passing CM what the real possibility of the ride reopening was and he said that if the outdoor track was the least bit wet it would not run. Well then, time to go!

Having skipped breakfast we were definitely ready for lunch and so we were off to the World Showcase. Viva la Mexico I always say and in short order D14 and I were in line at Cantina de San Angel. Dos Plato Combinacions, por favor? The line here was crazy and unorganized but after about ten minutes we had food in hand. The combo plate included a chicken taco, beef burrito and quesadilla served with black refried beans and Mexican salsa. Oh, and don’t forget the churro! Since DS13 had forged on towards China, we grabbed our trays and tried to keep our churros from becoming wet sponges. The rain was coming down pretty steady by this time so we waded towards China as quickly as possible as our tacos became increasingly soggy. We found DS13 dry and smiling at the Lotus Blossom Café enjoying the Orange Chicken Rice Bowl. We all enjoyed our lunch with the orange chicken being the clear favorite. The Mexican food was decent and comparable to other fast food quality places

Well, the clock was ticking and so with Mickey ponchos back in place we stepped back out to enjoy the World Showcase. Soaking in the sites of China, we were charmed by the panda topiary.

panda.jpg

Delighted by the miniature train village in Germany.

germantrainvillage.jpg

And inspired by the red, white and blue beauty of the American Adventure!

americanadventure.jpg

We enjoyed this day as much as any other. Rain or shine, it was Disney and we were happy to be there.

rainyday.jpg

Alas, it was time to head back to the resort and ultimately back to the airport. Since we had skipped lunch on one of our previous days we were still left with four CS credits and only an hour left to spend them. Unfortunately our bellies were full and so it seemed they would be wasted. Trudging on towards the International Gateway we paused in France and suddenly all of those hours on the DIS boards paid off. I remembered that CS credits could be redeemed at Boulangerie Patisserie for pastries! Hot dog, we have a winner! My plan was to have the pastries boxed to go so we could enjoy them later on the flight or even back at home the next day. Genius! I hopped in line and the glorious smell of the bakery confirmed that I had made a very good decision. Our friendly server gladly boxed up eight delicious pastries in exchange for four CS credits and we were soon on our way back to find DH.

With sopping wet shoes we found DH who was happily relaxing right where we left him. He said that he had a very yummy Smoked Ham and Black Diamond Cheddar Sandwich from the BC Marketplace and just enjoyed the afternoon reading and resting. I flashed him a peek at the pastries and he was properly impressed with my savvy use of credits.

Finally, it was time to head out to the bus stop for our journey back to MCO. The boys and I changed into dry socks and I carefully protected my pastries while the other luggage was loaded under the Magical Express bus. We finally boarded and I sighed a deep and contented sigh as we pulled away from the resort, saddened yet somehow satisfied by this week of wonder, adventure and love. I had worked hard, planned exhaustively and dreamt of a time that we would come together and experience the splendor of fantasy, happiness and magic. This was that time…this was that place.

blackwhitesplash.jpg

Thank you for sharing, I have enjoyed the reading. And it is preparing me for our trip in 22 days. Wahoo :yay:

Thank you sooo much for your report. I very much enjoyed reading the whole thing. :thumbsup2
Your ending almost brought tears to my eyes! I could feel your pain having to leave the most magical place on Earth. :sad1: We ALL can relate to that!!

Thank you for the wonderful reviews. You've helped me make decisions on some of my ADRs and that is appreciated.

What an ending! The pic is beautiful, and the sentiment is shared by us all. Thanks for taking the time to fill us all in. Hope you're not experiencing post-Dis trauma too severely!!

Thank you for your great reviews and pictures!!! You sure looked like you had a great time even in the rain. I am hoping for a little Disney Magic with the weather for our upcoming trip. Thanks again!!!! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter