Our dear JungleCruiser, Sarah, now an Angel in Heaven….

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for comfort for her family and friends.

We also lost another DIS friend, Tracy (manntra) a couple of weeks ago to cancer. Maybe the two of them are now getting to know each other and talking Disney. :)

I was so looking forward to meeting our dear Sarah in a few days. Although I know she is in a better place, my heart breaks for her family. She will be sorely missed. She was an amazing woman.

Janet - I have a GF print that I was going to give her when we met. If you think her family might like to have it, let me know. Take care of yourself, and thank you for letting us know. That must have been very difficult for you. Sorry I missed your txt.

Sarah sounds like a very special person.

Sorry for all dis-ers who lost a dear friend.

Prayers for her family.

I'm so very sad :( I received the news while at lunch today, and I haven't been able to get online to express my thoughts.

Sarah was an amazing person, and every time I go to the Grand Floridian I think of her, and how much she loved it there. I began to cry when we passed it on the monorail--it was her happy place.

She had messaged me about a week or so ago about us meeting up in January--I was very excited. I can't express how kind she was, and I've thought of her everyday since we became friends on the Dis. Cancer truly sucks, but heaven now has another Disney loving angel.

Prayers to her family, friends, and the "Resort Changers" that she had grown so close to. :angel:

As I read each post here, on the RC thread and on FB, it is quite touching to read how Sarah had a way of making everyone feel they were a dear friend. Even heaven is blessed to have such a special angel.

I hope those of us who would have spent the with Sarah at Disney in a week or so will still get together to remember her...I would like to release a balloon in her honor in the MK. - as I do for my son, who is also in heaven.

So sorry for everyone's loss an may her family find peace an strength during this time. Cancer is a beast of a disease lost Dh to it over ten yrs ago. Mary

Thanks to all who have share memories or thoughts of Sarah and to those who simply expressed their sympathies -- it is much appreciated.

So sorry to see this. I didn't know her personally, but enjoyed her posts here on the DIS. My prayers go out to her family and friends. Cancer sucks.

Heather, thank you for coming over here and posting... and I did receive your text. Thank you my friend. :hug:

I'm here. Janet thank you. Sarah was a beautiful Angel and I am a better person to have known her. I'll post more later. Hugs to all!!! Lulus mom!!!! Miss you!!!

Pas, Sarah was a beautiful angel here on earth and now in heaven. We need to always remember to live life fully every day, as she did. :hug:

As I read each post here, on the RC thread and on FB, it is quite touching to read how Sarah had a way of making everyone feel they were a dear friend. Even heaven is blessed to have such a special angel.

I hope those of us who would have spent the with Sarah at Disney in a week or so will still get together to remember her...I would like to release a balloon in her honor in the MK. - as I do for my son, who is also in heaven.

Christine, beautifully said...Sarah did have a way of making everyone feel special that came to know her. And agree that we need to pay tribute to Sarah and your Toby at Disney, which was a happy place for both. :hug:

So sorry for everyone's loss an may her family find peace an strength during this time. Cancer is a beast of a disease lost Dh to it over ten yrs ago. Mary

Mary, thank you for your kind words... and I'm so sorry for your own loss. God bless.

I was so looking forward to meeting our dear Sarah in a few days. Although I know she is in a better place, my heart breaks for her family. She will be sorely missed. She was an amazing woman.

Janet - I have a GF print that I was going to give her when we met. If you think her family might like to have it, let me know. Take care of yourself, and thank you for letting us know. That must have been very difficult for you. Sorry I missed your txt.

Iheart, I'm sure the family would like the print that was to be a gift to Sarah; that is very sweet of you. :hug:

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for comfort for her family and friends.

We also lost another DIS friend, Tracy (manntra) a couple of weeks ago to cancer. Maybe the two of them are now getting to know each other and talking Disney. :)

MeMom... so sorry for the loss of your DISer friend Tracy. Cancer is so cruel. Your comment about them meeting up and talking Disney, made me smile.

I will always remember when I first met our dear Sarah -- when she called down to us from her balcony at the Beach Club. She was so gracious and a true character. She was so sweet with our daughter.

Sarah was an instantly endearing and thoroughly wonderful woman. Strong and sweet and kind and funny... and always willing to share the bright side with all of us. I'm so glad and feel so privileged we had the opportunity to meet her and be a part of her life albeit so briefly.

Miss, a good description of our Sarah....strong and sweet rolled up in one. I'd like how she never sugarcoated anything, but was open and honest and her words were always delivered in a caring way. She helped me immensely over the last few months; and I will always be grateful for her friendship.

Since hearing of my fellow Jersey RCer Sarah's passing earlier today, I am still in disbelief that she is gone. I was so looking forward to meeting her in a couple weeks.

Sarah touched me with her intelligence, her wit, and her kindness.

Rest easy, rest gently, rest peacefully dear Sarah, my fellow Jersey RCer.

She will be missed but in our thoughts and hearts in January for our RC trip. Breakfast at GF Cafe .... another day milkshakes for all and yes, Christine there will be balloons. Sweet, gentle, strong, brave Sarah you are one heck of a lady! :grouphug:

Sarah was a lovely lady who always had the most amazing attitude despite the battle she was fighting. I am so sorry she is gone.

I will remember Sarah for her gracious, kind way of approaching life. Whatever the challenges, she took them one day at a time. I am so sad to hear of her passing. Her family and friends are in my prayers.

As others have posted, I'm shocked and saddened to hear about our dear Sarah's passing. What a loss for her family and friends, of which I am honored to count myself among. Her insight and thoughts on life have added to my life. I haven't been on the DIS much this past month, and am even sadder I missed out on chatting with her the last few weeks.

My heart is so heavy, she will be sincerely missed by all who knew her.:grouphug:

Thanks, Janet for your kind words. I was only 39yrs old and was left with 3 children to raise youngest was just 2 so I know exactly what your dear friend's family will be dealing with that's why I pray for peace and strength for them. Much blessing to you all. Mary:hug:

Thanks, Janet for your kind words. I was only 39yrs old and was left with 3 children to raise youngest was just 2 so I know exactly what your dear friend's family will be dealing with that's why I pray for peace and strength for them. Much blessing to you all. Mary:hug:

Mary, what a strong, brave woman you are yourself :hug: I am sure too that your children have grown up knowing who their father was and how much they were loved by him.

Thank you all for the outpouring of support and prayers for Sarah and her family. Sarah's husband sent me an email expressing how grateful and appreciative he is to read the comments on this thread as well as the Resort Changers thread. He is thankful, but understandly, it is proving difficult at this time to express his feelings on the DIS himself.

The memorial service is most likely the week of 1/7, and for those wishing to make a donation in her memory in lieu of flowers, the family is suggesting The Valerie Fund.

From the website: Valerie Fund's mission is to provide support for the comprehensive health care of children with cancer and blood disorders. The Valerie Fund is a not-for-profit organization established in 1976 in memory of nine-year-old Valerie Goldstein by her parents. Today there are seven Valerie Fund Children's Centers for Cancer and Blood Disorders located in major hospitals in New Jersey, New York, and the Philadelphia area providing caring, comprehensive, state-of-the-art outpatient health care to more than 4,000 children and their families each year.

This organization seems like it would have been selected by our dear Sarah. :hug:

I'm so glad that Sarah's husband visited us here on the Dis. I know he was well aware of what a wonderful lady he married. And Sarah loved her hubby and her beautiful daughters more than anything! She has touched my life in a way I can only pray to do for someone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter