• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our 3rd Trip to WDW, Sept' 09, *TOC on Pg 1* *TR STARTED - CLICK ON THE LINK*

Ha Ha!!! That's awesome!!! I think you and I would get along great!!! I would totally do something like that!!!

I think we need to meet at the Pop pool bar... :thumbsup2 Wait, we would probably get kicked out... :rolleyes1

MNSSHP bags look awesome!!! I also think it would be cute to put there names on the other side too!!! You are so stinking creative, me on the other hand, I just bought the halloween bag they were selling at the Disney store for the party!! Call me lazy!! :lmao:

I saw those when we were there on Sunday but El Cheapo (Terry) said they didn't need them since they give out free plastic ones at the party... I think the only reason I actually got the green light to make them was because he knows I am so upset about the documents... :sad2:

Glad you brother is doing well!!! I will keep him in my prayers, friends of our family's sons are leaving for Paris island to start Marine boot camp on the 14th of this month!!! We are have a BBQ for them on the 13th! Sad but proud of them!!!

Good luck to your family friend! You are right, you are so sad to see them go, but so proud of them at the same time... It's really a tough emotion for me... My kids are pretty close to their Uncle and they don't understand why he can't come visit whenever they want him to... Alec understands a lot more now, but the bad part is he only understands what he sees in school or on the news... And we all know that it is more focused on the negative things... So he knows a lot of people have died and that scares him a lot... Tailor just gets ticked when she hears he won't be home for her birthday or his own birthday... She wants to talk to the head of the Air Force... :laughing:

Geese I hope your docs come today!!! Keep us posted!

You and me both sister... you and me both...

Okay so I have to ask... Do you know what base she was at?? I know there is a ton over there, but just thought I would ask... :)

I'll send her a message now and ask. I think she's actually volunteering to go back because she's 'bored' here in the States! (yes, she's crazy lol) Where is your brother going to be? I can ask her if she knows anything about where he'll be too. You can PM me the info if you don't want it on the internets :) I have a few other Army friends too so I can ask around for you!

Toni, it's great that you have an awesome husband and friends to take such good care of you!:goodvibes

I can only imagine how relieved you were to hear from your brother. My little brother went to Chili for 2 years and I was a basket case! He wasn't even in the military and I worried.... a 6ft 3 inch blond kinda sticks out down there.:laughing:

I can't wait to see the Belle dress...she's my favorite. Heck, I'd dress up as her if I could. My family has banned me.

I would be camping out at the ta's office untill she figures out the document thing.:headache:

ok, honestly I wouldn't, because I'm a wuss. But I would be dreaming of all sorts of things to do.

I can't wait to see you and the peeps!:yay:

I think we need to meet at the Pop pool bar... :thumbsup2 Wait, we would probably get kicked out... :rolleyes1

I saw those when we were there on Sunday but El Cheapo (Terry) said they didn't need them since they give out free plastic ones at the party... I think the only reason I actually got the green light to make them was because he knows I am so upset about the documents... :sad2:

Good luck to your family friend! You are right, you are so sad to see them go, but so proud of them at the same time... It's really a tough emotion for me... My kids are pretty close to their Uncle and they don't understand why he can't come visit whenever they want him to... Alec understands a lot more now, but the bad part is he only understands what he sees in school or on the news... And we all know that it is more focused on the negative things... So he knows a lot of people have died and that scares him a lot... Tailor just gets ticked when she hears he won't be home for her birthday or his own birthday... She wants to talk to the head of the Air Force... :laughing:

You and me both sister... you and me both...

Ha Ha!! My friend Judy who is going with us is even more of a riot when she gets a few drinks in her!! :rotfl: Yep, definitely would be kicked out of the pool bar!!! :rotfl2:

Yes, you do have to have a sense of pride in those who protect our country!!! Poor Tailor she doesn't understand yet!!! And you are right, the news always focuses on the bad!! I just wish they would get the troops home soon!

Prayin for those docs to get to your house today!!!

Anyone wanna guess what DIDN'T arrive today??

Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

Nobody? Okay fine, I guess I will have to tell you...

The FREAKIN' docs.... (We need a emoticon that is me cussing like a sailor)

TA called right at 8:30 this morning and had them overnighted, Disney guarantees they will be here Thursday by UPS...

We shall see...

I will believe it when I freakin' see it!!!

I got an e-mail from my TA today - she just received my stuff from Disney yesterday and is looking them over to make sure everything is right ...

but ...

... in the same packet that had my stuff, she was also sent the docs for a family that is leaving ...

... on Sept 5!!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: That's right - Sept 5!!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

So obviously somethin' is amiss at WDW ... maybe outsourcing is to blame??? :rolleyes1

I always knew I was too much of a control freak to use a TA.....

Hopefully, they'll get there thursday like they should.....or murphy's law would be that now you're paying for a second set, they'll arive the day before the new ones.

Those bags are awesome... FYI don't wash them!!! I made one and today I washed it and it came out completely faded... almost to the point where you cant see it..

Oh and my buttons came out wonderful!! Thanks again.

any good news today?

please tell me you have good news.... or did you say that the docs are coming by tomorrow... :(

Nope... No good news for today... We didn't even want to call our TA to ask... I am assuming since she didn't call us, that she didn't get them today... They are supposed to be here by tomorrow, so we will see if the world ends tomorrow, or if we get them in the mail... :thumbsup2

T, I'm glad you have received news about your bro! It sounds like he's doing relatively well.

Regarding the TA, the ONLY reason I use my TA is the fact she is a really good friend of mine. I know that she'll do everything to help me out. Otherwise, I'd book online.

Here's to hoping you receive your docs soon!

Hi everyone! :)

No one has heard from my brother in 2 days... :sad1: I think this means he has left Kyrgyzstan and is on his way to Afghanistan... They were not sure if they were being flown in or if they were getting in vehicles and driving... I know we need to get used to not hearing from him, but this is hard... just the whole not knowing... We just want to know he is alright, and maybe what country he is in... :confused3

Jenn, he is headed to Bagrum Air Base... I am really hoping they have upgraded things from what I have seen online, I know they were in the process, but I don't know how fast they gets things done...

Okay, so documents are suppose to be here tomorrow... I am having a hard time believing it... I will when we get the call... Honestly I am just kinda done with the whole thing...

We have reserved a room by the airport for the night before our flight, and our van will stay there... They have an indoor pool that is open 24 hrs... Terry is planning to take the kids to the pool and wear them out then we will let them sleep until 3:15 when it is time to get ready to head to the airport... Then hopefully they will sleep on the plane...

We got a ton of stuff around the house done this week, which was nice... The van just needs to be vacuumed and it is ready for the drive to PDX... Jordan came over a few times and played with the dogs and got all of my instructions... :laughing: Poor guy has no idea that I have a binder for him... "Toni's instructions for house sitting" :lmao:

I got all of the monthly bills done so we don't have to worry about it while we are gone... I am just killing time now before we do online check in and order the Costco water...

We canceled the private cabana, we are not going to stay the entire day at the water park and felt it was a waste of 160 dollars if we were not going to use it the whole day... :confused3

The kids are getting so excited... Tailor is getting so animated when she sees the stickers go up on the countdown calendar! Too cute! :lovestruc

I hope you hear from your brother soon.:hug:

How far are you from the portland airport? We get to choose between seattle 3 hours away or spokane a little under 2 hours....it stinks.

I hope you hear from your brother soon.:hug:

How far are you from the portland airport? We get to choose between seattle 3 hours away or spokane a little under 2 hours....it stinks.

We are only an hour away from PDX... We could have stayed home, and just drove up in the morning, but I am one of those people who is paranoid about accidents or something making us late for our flight! So we would have left our house by 2:30 to make sure we are there by 4... SO that would have meant being up no later than 1:30 so to get ready...

So now we will only be like 5 minutes from the airport... :woohoo:

We can't get the flat Winkers to print!!! Terry has to mess with the printer... I am hoping he will get time cause he works until at least Monday now at least 12 hour shifts... ugh, we are so busy from now until we leave... grr...

We are only an hour away from PDX... We could have stayed home, and just drove up in the morning, but I am one of those people who is paranoid about accidents or something making us late for our flight! So we would have left our house by 2:30 to make sure we are there by 4... SO that would have meant being up no later than 1:30 so to get ready...

I worry about the same thing!:thumbsup2 But then I'm the dufus who is past security and at the terminal 2 hours before boarding....just in case!

I can't believe you're all ready to go, and have this frustration of no docs to deal with! Here's your not smiling smiley: Hope you have a better day tomorrow, and that your brother can get through on Skype really soon.

T,

So funny every time you guys mention Jordan coming over..I think you're talking about me....:) How egotistical is that?

T,

So funny every time you guys mention Jordan coming over..I think you're talking about me....:) How egotistical is that?

Haha, I think the same thing every time I read it too :)

Toni, I just sent my friend an email asking about Bagrum. Hopefully she gets back to me soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter