Our 3rd Annual Holiday Trip to DL in November - November 22nd - 25th, 2013 Post #3416

Thank you TK. I am so looking forward tomorrow and I will try to get some pics up tomorrow.

Thank you for following along my TR and I will do my best to give a live update of my TR this weekend.

It does feel like a trip to DL feels like a Christmas morning.

Looking forward to pics of my happy place all decorated for Christmas! We just got word that our DVC waitlist for New Year's Eve came through so we get to stay the entire week at the Grand Californian Villas!

Have a safe trip Bret!
TK

Almost on your way. I suspect this quick trip will keep your shutter moving.

Looking forward to pics of my happy place all decorated for Christmas! We just got word that our DVC waitlist for New Year's Eve came through so we get to stay the entire week at the Grand Californian Villas!

Have a safe trip Bret!
TK

Can't wait to leave tomorrow morning and arrive at the happiest place on earth during the Holiday season.

Im so excited to hear that you will best staying at the GCH villas during your trip. When you are can you get some pics of the villa?

I will be back on the thread tomorrow and five my update.

Thank you TK

Almost on your way. I suspect this quick trip will keep your shutter moving.

tomorrow is the day and I can't wait till tomorrow morning. I should have plenty of pics this week.

Thanks Matt

Thank you Michele. :thumbsup2

While my DA and I are waiting for "Believe...In Holiday Magic" fireworks, I thought I check in and say that we got he safely around 1pm today. I have already uploaded some pics from my day today and you can check it out on my flickr account. Later*tonight, I will show some pics from today.

Ill give you a quick update it wont be the official update of my TR, but i will get it part started since we are waiting for the fireworks.*

my DA stayed at BWAI instead of coming with me to DL when we got to our room. I arrived at the park around 1:45 pm and the first thing I did was take as many pics of the Holiday decorations when I walked through MS. At the hub, there were alot of booths around the hub and just like last year, they were radio booths from different radio shows from around California, Arizona, and nevada. This was just like last year when they occupied the sidewalks for live broadcasting. At the front of SB castle, there was some kind of taping at the left and right side. I will have to talk about that later.

It was almost time for the first show of "A Christmas Fantasy" parade and I decided to head on over towards IASW area since they get less people then on MS. I videotaped and took pictures of the parade.*

After the parade, I head on over to MTT and find as many Christmas decorations around the area. I also saw those awful trees at City Ha,, Mickey and Minnie's house which is not the same.

I head on over to Frontierland and got some pics of the garland. Then it was NOS which is one of my favorite lands during the Christmas season. But this year was a little different from last year and past years. There were some decorations that I have seen before and not seen before. Maybe I need to look at my pics later today and tell you what I think of the decorations of NOS.

It was time to head on back to the room since I haven't eaten all day since breakfast. I took some more pics of the decorations on my way unit from MS. But I will be getting more*
Is later on this trip.

Thank you for following my TR.

Here are some pics from Friday and I will post more later tomorrow.

6360411605_ce5416369c_z.jpg

6360418797_352a3a63b4_z.jpg

6360419435_d65552ffe0_z.jpg

6360420927_5376f099ee_z.jpg

6360426745_75955a4891_z.jpg

6360428589_370ff5fb49_z.jpg

6360429243_83445ec7ba_z.jpg

6360431939_093fa3a7b8_z.jpg

6360443953_21a42982ae_z.jpg

6360452721_6442e9c61e_z.jpg

6360477281_67907840aa_z.jpg

6360490133_d532ab4000_z.jpg

6360523005_e9b5838b89_z.jpg

6360537931_b329fa6afe_z.jpg

6360575823_38bbc7b974_z.jpg

6360581053_faccfbba32_z.jpg

6360635743_3d81e084b6_z.jpg

6360693685_1e5a819a91_z.jpg

6360711145_6a2760d1f4_z.jpg

6360826911_cd751262f8_z.jpg

6360846983_8f0403c298_z.jpg

6360863635_59c3fa3be1_z.jpg

6360880457_0f06b72ef5_z.jpg

Do you have any more pictures of Daisy? Was she there for the media event?

Great pictures Bret! Looking forward to seeing more!

Have a safe trip Bret!
TK

That's great news! We'll be staying there for NYE only. I'm sure the place will be packed! But it should be fun!

Hi, Bret! :cool1:

Your photos are smaller this time around so my pages are loading much more easily!:rotfl2:

I haven't been on the DIS since Monday so I am trying to get caught up on random threads. I'll be interested to see how much progress you make on the various Quests.

I agree - those Toontown trees are just awful, and I can't think of any good reason for them to be there other than money. Maybe because DLR is spending money on new decorations and tune-ups in other areas this year, they scaled down on Toontown. The only other possibility is that somehow the old trees got damaged and they had to put in these other ones.

Thank you, also, Bret, for putting in a good word for the Superthread here. Apparently Lil' Grumpy only likes your TR and not the Superthread. (I love the "ha!" comment.) I think you have a great TR thread going, but it's not fair to knock the Superthread for no reason (which is a very popular thread, by the way, Lil' Grumpy, so I/we must be doing something right).

So thank you for sticking up for it, Bret - and for sharing your photos, tips and information in the Superthread so other DIS'ers can benefit from it all.

My annual holiday trip is coming up in 15 days, so I am tuning in to your TR to see if there is anything I need to make a note of before leaving (other than what I already know is there, that I want to see).

Keep the pictures coming!!!:cool1:

Your photos are smaller this time around so my pages are loading much more easily!:rotfl2:

I haven't been on the DIS since Monday so I am trying to get caught up on random threads. I'll be interested to see how much progress you make on the various Quests.

I agree - those Toontown trees are just awful, and I can't think of any good reason for them to be there other than money. Maybe because DLR is spending money on new decorations and tune-ups in other areas this year, they scaled down on Toontown. The only other possibility is that somehow the old trees got damaged and they had to put in these other ones.

Thank you, also, Bret, for putting in a good word for the Superthread here. Apparently Lil' Grumpy only likes your TR and not the Superthread. (I love the "ha!" comment.) I think you have a great TR thread going, but it's not fair to knock the Superthread for no reason (which is a very popular thread, by the way, Lil' Grumpy, so I/we must be doing something right).

So thank you for sticking up for it, Bret - and for sharing your photos, tips and information in the Superthread so other DIS'ers can benefit from it all.

My annual holiday trip is coming up in 15 days, so I am tuning in to your TR to see if there is anything I need to make a note of before leaving (other than what I already know is there, that I want to see).

I concur!! There are quite a few rockin' threads but for the holidays the super thread is HARD ROCK! - one reason is that we get so many contributors and it fills the gaps between Bret, Sherry, and DJ's trip reports. :goodvibes

There are a few others I follow too :thumbsup2 :santa:

Hi Bret! Very nice pictures. Looks like it is nice weather too. :goodvibes

Hey there TK.

Thank you, the weather yesterday was nice and today was okay. It did sprinkle a little bit tonight, but not that serious. I am uploading more pics from today.

I got to see the WoC Christmas Preshow Prep and Landing. It was really neat and after it was over, the beginning of WoC was improved with the Christmas Preshow. I will have that uploaded when I get back to Sacramento.

Do you have any more pictures of Daisy? Was she there for the media event?

Unfortuntely that was the only picture that I got of Daisy during the media day.

Great pictures Bret! Looking forward to seeing more!

Thank you Allison. I will post some more pics later tonight on my thread.

Hey there Sherry.

I made the photos smaller since you can look at them. This will make it easy for you since the photos are smaller.

I got a lot of pics of the trees, wreaths and garlands today and I will upload more pics tonight.

It didn't make any sense when management put those trees from WDW to DL. Those trees look very ugly and I just can't even look at them one bit longer.

You welcome. Lil' Grumpy should check out the Christmas Superthread which has a lot of good pics and great information.

Your welcome and I will definitely put up some pics on the Superthread when I get back. I will also have to put up some pics of the WoC Christmas Preshow Prep and Landing. That was a very nice opening show to start WoC. I shouldn't say too much until I write that down on my TR.

I will try to get as much info I can until your tip in a couple of weeks. I am excited for you to go to DL during one of the least busiest times during the Holiday season. Hope everything goes well for you during your Holiday trip.

I'll put some up shortly tonight so stay tune.

I made the photos smaller since you can look at them. This will make it easy for you since the photos are smaller.

I appreciate the smallller pictures too because to read your Halllloween trip report, I had to open each post in a separate window because my browser would time out before allll the pictures woulld lload. There are a couplle others who I have to do that with.

Just an inside joke, skiingfast willll understand the typos! ;) :rotfl2:

I appreciate the smallller pictures too because to read your Halllloween trip report, I had to open each post in a separate window because my browser would time out before allll the pictures woulld lload. There are a couplle others who I have to do that with.

Just an inside joke, skiingfast willll understand the typos! ;) :rotfl2:

Your welcome Allison.

He will, it was neat to see the major radio shows at DL just like last year. At least when the fireworks started at 8:45pm, the DL crew cleaned up the tables around the sidewalks by the Hub and we were able to get a good spot for the fireworks.

Here are some more pics from yesterday and today.

You can see it snow during SB Winter Castle show
6362135991_85ba4d06a4_z.jpg

6362138435_7cf5c01887_z.jpg

6362142875_8fc807da10_z.jpg

6362151157_c7f943118d_z.jpg

6362155705_0af80e290e_z.jpg

6362172419_d2445b405d_z.jpg

6362179011_2b42a57403_z.jpg

6362191417_c265a62dd2_z.jpg

"The Magic, the Memories, & You" Holiday version (Some are blurry but I will upload the show when I get back on Monday)
6362214939_6888deb915_z.jpg

6362216523_7137419b0a_z.jpg

6362218191_347b05f0f1_z.jpg

6362240479_9510887158_z.jpg

6362281285_98764ebc40_z.jpg

6362319051_c298502d12_z.jpg

6362407425_e2ea054f7e_z.jpg

6365970599_5097404f91_z.jpg

6366012517_7f5c0fe5b0_z.jpg

6366076817_455e911597_z.jpg

6366147759_1b111dcac6_z.jpg

6366510439_a281678e09_z.jpg

OH, I'm so glad to see that they are still doing the icicle treatment to the castle. We were there last weekend and they didn't have all the icicles out. We'll be there for Candlelight and then for NYE, so at least we'll get to see it a couple times during the season.

I love the IASW. We might need to try and get out there on a weekday to try and do IASW. I haven't even seen the new characters, much less the overlay. My Disney is severely lacking! :lmao:

Wow! This last series of photos was amazing - I love the colors of the Castle and IASW at night in these pictures, and the clarity is just great. These photos were taken with your brand new camera, correct? I'd say it was a good investment, although you did a great job with the other camera too.

Just got back from the DLR just now. My goodness it is raining out there. It was really nice the first 3 hours this morning and around noon it started to rain. I going out there in awhile so I hope to get some good pics in the rain LOL. :rotfl2: If I get back early tonight and most likely, I will write up my first part of my TR on Friday.

OH, I'm so glad to see that they are still doing the icicle treatment to the castle. We were there last weekend and they didn't have all the icicles out. We'll be there for Candlelight and then for NYE, so at least we'll get to see it a couple times during the season.

I love the IASW. We might need to try and get out there on a weekday to try and do IASW. I haven't even seen the new characters, much less the overlay. My Disney is severely lacking! :lmao:

The icicles of SB Castle are always great during the Holiday season. It must be exciting to see the CP and NYE later next month.

IASWH is mostly the same over the years, the only new addition to IASWH is the snowman at the end of the ride where the light up Christmas tree used to be.

Love the photos, thanks for posting!

Thank you ssuriano. :thumbsup2

At least you got something. She is so rare to see.

I like the IASW pictures, that place rocks the Holidays.

Just a little picture, I should have gotten more of them. Daisy is seen a lot during "A Christmas Fantasy" parade.

IASWH is great during the Holiday season.

Wow! This last series of photos was amazing - I love the colors of the Castle and IASW at night in these pictures, and the clarity is just great. These photos were taken with your brand new camera, correct? I'd say it was a good investment, although you did a great job with the other camera too.

Thank you Sherry. Yes, I used my new Nikon D5100 DSLR camera on all of my photos during my trip. It was a good investment and it will be even better when I used it next month to my WDW trip.

Wow, amazing pictures. I am so excited for the holiday season! :cloud9:

Thank you rentayenta. I am getting excited for you when you go to DL later this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter