Our 1st FAMILY vacation... We survived! 6/20 - 6/27 at POFQ (pg 9) LAST DAY

Back at the resort, Steve took the kids upstairs to change into swimsuits while I got lunch at the foodcourt, the plan was for me to bring lunch upstairs to eat before we went to the pool.

Leaving the foodcourt I had a plate full of food – including pumpkin pie (Steve’s favorite) when I ran into Wendy and her dad. Dad said to Wendy “I’m going with Dee, she’s got some great food”. MMHMM heehee.
While the kids ate we got ready for the pool and quickly headed down for a swim. We only stayed about an hour, we needed naps – as we’d planned to do Fantasmic that night. While the kids were settling in for naps I was sure to put my battery into my camera – I needed my own pics, no more stealing from Cat. LOL

The kids got up from a pretty short nap and we headed to Hollywood Studios around 4:00. It was looking a bit ominous in the sky when we walked into HS. We stopped at Hollywood & Vine to watch the plumbers. They were doing a cool show and we stayed and enjoyed it.

DSC03475.jpg

They wrapped up just as HSM:3 was coming down the street. We were sure to divert the kids attention elsewhere as we headed towards Star Tours. Now another thing I DON’T love, are simulators. Same thing… but I can at least close my eyes and be okay. Which is what I did all through the ride. Everyone else LOVED it and sitting next to Emma it was fun to feel her raise up a little in the seat at a few points.

Exiting Star Tours we noticed the sky had gotten even darker. We wanted to head to Muppets 3D but decided to wander the Streets of America 1st while we still had dry streets to walk on.

DSC03484.jpg

Catherine in San Fran
DSC03485.jpg

Jack in NY
DSC03486.jpg

Back from our tour, we lined up for Muppets 3D.
DSC03480_edited-1.jpg

This was the 1st time I had ever been in the queue for Muppets 3D. While wrapped around the building I saw this
DSC03481.jpg

and thought it was the cleverist thing ever!

We decided to ride the Great movie Ride next. We really wanted to get done as much as possible tonight to save the headliners for our AM EMH at HS. It was about a 10 minute wait for GMR. This ride we got the Ganster show. I’ve always had the Cowboy show before. And I swear!! SWEAR that the Alien came down from the ceiling, not through the wall. Am I wrong? I was having Emma watch the ceiling so she wasn’t surprised by the alien. Oh well, she wasn’t as scared as I thought she’d be anyway.

Coming out of GMR we noticed it was raining. YAY RAIN. It was not hard so we just walked fast-like over to Voyage of the Little Mermaid. The show was just letting in so we had no wait – BINGO! We sat very much center and about 4 rows from the back. This is a very good show, I enjoyed it, as did everyone else. Emma had to sit on her knees to see well, but that was okay – she didn’t mind. I wasn’t super keen on getting so wet in there. I was already cold from getting rained on, but I just didn’t want to get MORE wet. Ya know!

We left the Voyage of the Little Mermaid around 6:20 and decided we’d go to 50s Prime Time and stay dry / have some drinks while we waited for our ADR. We checked in just around 6:30 and took seats in the lounge. The kids looked at a menu and some got a bit bent that they had to eat their veggies to get dessert. Our rules – not theirs! LOL They just got around it by NOT ordering veggies. Whatever!

At around 6:45 we were called and taken to our table. We were in that front room that has just 4 tables. Catherine and I had eaten there a few years ago, same room. The kids were a bit tired to really get into 50s but Steve and I loved it. Steve got Dad’s Meatloaf – I mean it is named after him and I got the Pot Roast (VERY GOOD).

DSC03491_edited-1.jpg

DSC03493_edited-1.jpg

DSC03494_edited-1.jpg

As we finished our meal we noticed that it was STILL raining. We had plans to go wait for Fantasmic, but the rain looked to be settled in – so we decided to head back to the resort for an early night. Tomorrow WAS EMH at AK afterall. It was a very good decision as it ended up raining ALL night long.
We enjoyed our exit from HS. Looking in the stores as we walked under the overhang and did great with the bus. So far we really had NO complaints about bus service. So far…

LOL It was a really great day! We felt like by narrowing our focus we were able to get SO much done, in both MK and HS. It was a much better day then the night before. :cloud9:

**So Steve had an overnight for work. He was trying to get back tonight but the weather isn't helping him out. The kids are off to bed and my movie is over so... why not post a trip report and check in on my Rays. They're winning, lets just hope NY and BOS aren't. ** Not a ton of pics this day.. had some malfunctions!

Animal Kingdom is one of my favorite parks, so I was very excited about this day. Steve had watched some programs with me about how they made AK and all the details. I think he also watched the Modern Marvels where they talked about building EE. So he was very excited to go to AK also ( as it was his 1st time ever).

We were up early – too early and the kids had poptarts in the room. While they ate, Steve did the coffee/coke run, and we were ready to leave when he got back. This was our 1st tour through POR, it wasn’t too bad, but we didn’t get to AK until 8:05.. LATE for EMH!

We enter AK and go to the left around the exhibits. Nobody was out with instruction at this time so the kids weren’t asking to stop. We did stop and do a photopass moment. :grouphug:Hey, EE wasn’t going anywhere.

We took the bridge to Asia and I started pointing out some details to Steve – I LOVE AK! We arrived at EE to find a long line, so the fam waited while I went and got FPs. The FP line took about 5 minutes – not too bad.

Not able to ride EE until after 9:35 we headed to Africa to ride the safari. Africa was crowded! Wait for the safari was posted 20 minutes and it was every bit of 20.

Pictures of us waiting...
DSC03496_edited-1.jpg

DSC03497.jpg

*notice the fog on the camera... this will be important soon*

We were finally loaded into our vehicle (front row) and on our way. We held at the entry to the reserve, and held, and held, and held some more. The giraffe were in the middle of the path and not wanting to move. We honestly waited about 15 minutes. We could hear the radio and I heard them saying that the handlers were out there with their truck trying to tempt them away with their favorite snacks – nothing.

Catherine & I had done the Sunrise Safari for her 7th bday last spring and learned a lot about how they care for and train the animals. Well these weren’t listening. LOL We also learned that the long distance from their body to their brain turns them very blonde sometimes.

FINALLY the giraffe were clear and we could move forward – thank you!! I usually take TONS of pics of the safari but they are always the same pic of the same animal AND after the pics in the queue area (and how foggy the lense was), I’d blown on my lense to help the fog and made it worse, like horrible. I needed to let my camera dry out on its own.

We did see some great views of the giraffe, a view of an elephant and a rare view of the white rinos chasing eachother around. The coolest was the lioness. She was on the highest rock sleeping!

Other then that, we didn’t see too much – I mean – it WAS HOT! It was probably the least I've ever seen of like the 10 (maybe) safari rides I've done.

Exiting the ride we got to see some great views of the Gorilla. One was sitting on the waterfall, right at the top before it falls eating. The other was down under the lip of the overhang just laying on his back relaxing. I love watching these guys!!!

We stopped in the restroom and it was so crazy busy full, out of paper INSANE. Leaving Africa was just as insane. It was so busy and so crowded and so…. ACK! Get me out of here crazy!

It took so long to do the Safari that we could now get FPs for Kali! WOOHOO. The fam watched the monkeys while I retrieved FPs and we were off to conquer Everest.

At least the foggy lense helps with the effect.
DSC03501.jpg

DSC03502_edited-1.jpg

Arriving to Everest I had every expectation Emma would be tall enough. I don’t know why I thought this but I did. I was very shocked that she wasn’t. She was very shocked that she wasn’t. Shocked and upset. She just backed up and hugged a leg in sadness. Too bad it wasn't the leg of anyone we know. LOL I held her shoulder and said "honey that person isn't family"

Steve had not wanted to ride anyway, so was glad for the excuse to not. I really wanted him to see the queue area but the CMs would NOT let him go through with us. I was sad and a little peeved, but oh well.

Since Jack had not loved Thunder Mtn in November I had a long talk with him about Everest. Did he REALLY want to ride it, was he sure, once we got on we were on… he understood and wanted to ride. He Catherine & I headed in. Being an odd number I knew I’d have to ride with Jack, just in case. Catherine has ridden it so many times (3 times in a row one PM EMH -enough to make me want to be ill) so I wasn't worried about her, but I wanted her with an adult.

I asked the CM to seat DD with a grown-up. Nope, they stuck her with a boy younger than her. NO! Nope, not happening. Sorry, it might sound bad, but if my kid is not riding with me, I wanted her to at least ride with a grown-up. So we stepped out of line and waited for the next line-up. The next time around there was a single rider gal from England who got paired with DD, in the front!

EE was great as always and I swear I saw the yeti working.. I dunno. At the end I looked at Jack – no tears. He was still alive. Did he like it? Yes. Did he want to ride again? No. Hey, he tried and I was very proud of him. LOL

Leaving the ride we checked out the photo. In the photo Catherine was holding the hand of the lady she rode with. Umm OK. LOL She told me that the lady asked if she’d hold her hand, she was scared (the lady, not Cat). I just had to laugh.

We had a Rider Swap and I asked Steve if he wanted to go – nope. Well neither did I. That backward part had done me in. But Catherine begged me to go again, and I did. I so regretted it :sick: I did not feel good. I drank sips of cold water and used a couple fans but couldn’t shake the icky feeling. We headed towards ‘Its Tough to be a Bug’ and walked through the line and into the holding area. It was crowded and I wasn’t happy to be in there. I just wanted AC and quiet! It was so noisy in there. We finally got to enter the theater and I’d messed up. I had us right up front right in front of where Hopper comes up. I warned Steve of this as Emma was next to him.

It’s a fun show it really is, I was just not feeling good. Emma was scared, I figured she would be but she did okay enough. Everyone enjoyed the ending and the exit of the bugs. LOL

It was about 10:50 by now and I knew there would be a LION KING show starting at 11. We did some quality speed walking to the theater and made it into the side entrance on the Giraffe side. This is by far my favorite favorite anything favorite at WDW. Favorite show hands down! Everyone loved it and Steve said “wow”. Heehee… He’s falling in love every moment! I LOVE IT!

After the show Catherine had to potty. She and I ran to the restroom while Steve and the kids gathered the stroller. As we strolled to Kali River Rapids exiting Camp Minnie Mickey the kids were being silly. They’d run ahead to a bench, sit and rest. We’d catch up, they’d run ahead to a bench. Nuts!

As we were parking the stroller at Kali we heard “hey ya’ll”. Well Hi miss Kendall! It was Kendall and Tracey, and Cody. They were going on Kali with FPs also. They headed down the path while we had to get Emma measured and fitted for her special bracelet. At this I laughed!! I knew what was coming! The kiddie arm.. I think it weighs down that side of the raft as everytime I’ve ridden with the kiddie arm on the float THAT seat gets the most wet. Just my observation.

We head down to the rafts and get loaded up. There was a fun family in our raft and I assured them they weren’t going to get wet, Steve & Emma were. I was by myself and put myself as far from Emma in my seat as possible.
This is a great ride but WAY – I mean WAY too short. They could do tons more. Through the fire and down the hill and… Steve & Emma got soaked :rotfl2:Heehee! Told ya! The kids with the other family were bummed as they wanted to get wet. It was their 1st ride on Kali and they kept asking me “that’s it? Really?” mmhmm really!

We met up with Kendall, Tracey & Cody on the bridge and they were soaked HAHA. As they met up with the rest of the fam, we then headed out of AK to the bus stop. We were off for naps. Once back at POFQ we stopped for lunch and were very happy and full and ready for a nap! Just to let you know, I’m a napper at home too. I LOVE me a Sunday afternoon nap.

No pool today, we were hot and tired and just needed a good nap. Anyway we had 5:20 ADRs with the Mouse, we had to be ontime!

PS - when we got home we found an addition to our towel animals AND some more animal antics from the kids loveys. Those silly animals!
DSC03503.jpg

DSC03504.jpg

Now, let me add, all the towel animals were in the kids room after the 1st day. We'd leave all the tip in their room so they would get the attention, I mean, it was all about them - right!

Hi everyone! I hope ya'll are doing well... I know things here are crazy, but all is good.

Spent the weekend doing wedding prep. I met with the florist and she has some great ideas and ISN'T too expensive. Saturday afternoon I worked on some table decoration with Steve's mom and did invitations. It's official!! I'm getting married 9/5 - the invites have been sent! LOL

Sunday, my best friend needed some 'girl time'. So she and I (and her 17 mos old - my god daughter AKA MINE) went furniture shopping. She's finally getting herself a real bedroom set, not just piece meal of this and that. Its beautiful too! We had a fun day.

Sunday night we were to have no kids as they were with their mom this weekend, but she had to work and didn't have a sitter, so we watched the kids. She picked them up around 11pm *yawn*. We were all asleep, Steve & the kids strewn across couches and me in bed when she got there.

Work has been slightly unbearable lately and i've been a little overwhelmed, so last night Steve and I took a break from reality and went to see Transformers - OMG what a good movie. Really - not like great plot good, but great action good and funny. I cried twice. I told you... work has been running me down, to have me crying in Transformers. LOL

So anyway - that's been my life - hectic. But tonight I plan to settle in and catch up on my report... :surfweb: keep an eye out!

Hi everyone! I hope ya'll are doing well... I know things here are crazy, but all is good.

Spent the weekend doing wedding prep. I met with the florist and she has some great ideas and ISN'T too expensive. Saturday afternoon I worked on some table decoration with Steve's mom and did invitations. It's official!! I'm getting married 9/5 - the invites have been sent! LOL

Sunday, my best friend needed some 'girl time'. So she and I (and her 17 mos old - my god daughter AKA MINE) went furniture shopping. She's finally getting herself a real bedroom set, not just piece meal of this and that. Its beautiful too! We had a fun day.

Sunday night we were to have no kids as they were with their mom this weekend, but she had to work and didn't have a sitter, so we watched the kids. She picked them up around 11pm *yawn*. We were all asleep, Steve & the kids strewn across couches and me in bed when she got there.

Work has been slightly unbearable lately and i've been a little overwhelmed, so last night Steve and I took a break from reality and went to see Transformers - OMG what a good movie. Really - not like great plot good, but great action good and funny. I cried twice. I told you... work has been running me down, to have me crying in Transformers. LOL

So anyway - that's been my life - hectic. But tonight I plan to settle in and catch up on my report... :surfweb: keep an eye out!

Don't ya hate when work get's like that - how about one of these to make you feel better :grouphug:

YAY - wedding plans!!!! gonna post pics of the table decorations or invites?? I am glad the florist ended up to less then what you thought so you can get exactly what you want after all it is all bout you :flower3:

Hope you're hanging in there, sounds a bit nutty! Yay to hear it's official and the invites have been sent!!:yay: And glad to hear the florist is working with you!! Looking forward to your update!!

Naps had, we were REFRESHED! We were on the downhill of our vacation and our bodies were feeling it. On our way to the bus we stopped to get coffee/coke at the foodcourt. We were just worn down and needed a recharge. Leaving the foodcourt, we cut through the lobby to the bus stop and ran into Wendy’s family. We were always running into them – it was great!

They were headed to GF for 1900 Park Fare and waiting for the rest of the group. While they waited, we headed to the bus stop. I remember times having to wait, but I can’t recall the exact times or it ever being that bad. We were never late for anything (except AK EMH) but it was never bad at all.

While waiting for the bus, Wendy & her family walked up and she and I got a chance to chat. Once the bus to MK came, we all hopped on. They were headed to GF, and we Contemporary for our dinner with Chef Mickey! Bus to Monorail to Contemporary - bye Wendy!

This was a big 1st for me. I’d never been to Chef Mickey’s before! I wanted to do the dinner for one reason – Dessert!!!!! Hey, I’m being honest.

We arrived at the restaurant and there was a decent line for check-in. The family and I waited in line while Steve went and got he and I a drink. Right when he was getting back, it was our turn at the podium. We signed in, were given a buzzer and directed to the photo waiting area.

We were probably the 2nd family in line and once we got up for our turn, Catherine stood where Jack wanted to stand and well, the picture taken there after is pretty funny. In one he was red faced mad. In the other Steve was just covering his face b/c he knew it was angry. LOL too funny.

Just as we were finishing up, our buzzer went off and it was our turn to be seated. It was wonderful! The restaurant had just recently opened so it wasn’t busy at all. She showed us around the restaurant and directed us to our seats.

We were seated up and to the right, past the buffet, up the stairs and the like the furthest corner from the entrance. LOL We actually liked it up there, it was kind of quiet. As soon as we got settled, we saw that Donald was downstairs but not super close, he was far enough away that we could get our 1st plate at least.

Food was good, not great but it was filling and good. As we ate, the characters came around. We had great character interaction here. It was hysterical b/c this was the most time we had to really meet with a non-face character. Emma was VERY interested in the costumes. When Minnie came around she just rubbed her arm and when Mickey was there she touched his nose. She was really just trying to figure it all out. Catherine was making faces like “mom, why is she touching them so much?” It was hysterical!

Donald was the 1st character to come see us
DSC03521_edited-1.jpg

Then Goofy - when he came into the room he just JUMPED up. We all cheered "GOOFY!"
DSC03511_edited-1.jpg

Next was Mickey.
DSC03525_edited-1.jpg

Then we had Pluto
DSC03514_edited-1.jpg

Then Minnie came to see us - Here is Catherine commenting on Emma touching them. She was just petting Minnie's arm. LOL
DSC03530.jpg

DSC03534_edited-1.jpg

When it was time for Mickey to come around, I wanted MY turn, so Steve got a picture of me with Mickey and I was cracking up, it was so funny. Not only did he kiss me, but he made a huge kissy noise while he did it. And of course, when it was Minney’s turn to come around, Steve needed his own time with her. He told he, “My girl got a kiss from Mickey, how about me?”.

DSC03527.jpg

DSC03536.jpg

Food done, it was time for dessert!
DSC03516.jpg

When we headed up for dessert, chaotic! WOW people were fancy about these deserts. The kids waited for their ice cream while I got my goodies.

Once we were so full we were tired, it was time to head out of Chef Mickey’s. But not before I visited the restroom. Okay, so I think that the Contemporary is really sleek and neat. Chef Mickey’s is so bright and airy. Then those stairs down to the bathroom are so … industrial. And once you get down there the bathroom is so sleek and new and fancy. Just odd in my book.

I wish we had spent more time at the Contemporary just walking around / taking pics but it was about quarter til 7 and we wanted to head to MK for a good spot for Spectro/Wishes. I mean, we had enough time….

Love the pics of Mickey and Minnie kissing you and Steve! They are adorable!!!:cutie: Chef Mickey's is fun, isn't it? We enjoyed it lwhen we were there in December. I'm with you, the stairs for the bathrooms is very industrial! But when we were there, they were doing construction, so I just assumed it was because of that?:confused3 Weird is right!!

Leaving the Contemporary, we rode the monorail to Magic Kingdom, getting to stop along the way at the other resorts. It was a relaxing ride. When we got to MK we pulled over and let the crowd dissipate. Once down the ramp and through the turnstiles we were very excited to be at Magic Kingdom – for night time. YAY

We walked through a few stores on Main Street then walked out ONTO Main Street and I was shocked to see people already camping out.. at 7pm! Looking more closely I realized that they were all tour groups, with spots marked off with their flags. I wish I had a tour guide to stake my spot off for me. Seriously!

We walked further down Main Street towards the castle. My favorite spot is down at the end of Main Street, facing the castle, right in front of the popcorn kiosk. And we were happy to find, that my favorite spot – OPEN!
We staked our spot and I sent saved our little spot of concrete. Don't ya worry, nobody came to ask for them, it wasn't that busy that far down yet. It took awhile for them to get back, but they finally did. With them back the girls and I did a potty break while Jack enjoyed some Magic Kingdom jump roping. Catherine didn't want to go - ya know, she's 8! she's too cool for that. Whatever!

Soon after a family from St. Louise sat behind us and Steve and the father struck it off really well.

Some pics I took while we waited - I was bored
DSC03537.jpg

Emma relaxing. She spent her money that night on a stick the lit up. Yup, that is all it was. LOL Throughout Spectro she'd hold it up to the villans to make her feel safe - it was cute

Steve relaxing - Hey baby!
DSC03538_edited-1.jpg

The kids enjoying their glow sticks - the kind from the dollar store and their new friends they met while waiting for Spectro.
DSC03539_edited-1.jpg

And lastly, the castle as its getting dark in MK :)
DSC03548_edited-1.jpg

Finally… yes Finally it was time for SpectroMagic. We were so excited!!! Having visited Magic Kingdom a lot as a kid, Spectro was one of the things that always came back to me. It was always there and always amazing. I STILL love it and not seeing it, would make a trip feel incomplete.

DSC03554.jpg

DSC03560.jpg

DSC03561_edited-1.jpg

And Steve's girlfriend
DSC03563_edited-1.jpg

After Spectro we just sat in place and let the crowd run us over. Not really, we stood up and got out of the way, but still held our spot b/c it was a GREAT spot.

Time passed, and passed, and it was finally time! The lights dimmed Jiminy Cricket came on and it was time for Wishes!

Jack and Catherine stood with their new friends. Emma was in the stroller, more happy to play with her glow stick and Steve and I got to stand together to watch the show. He was down on the street and I got to stand behind him. We held hands and snuggled, it was so nice.

Wishes is my thing. I love it SO much! This was Steve's 2nd Wishes! and I wanted him to love it as much as I did. I have the sound track and when things are rough or I've had a bad day, I love to listen to it. It reminds me that anything IS possible. A few years ago, I had a birthday trip planned for a long time. A month before my trip, my stepfather was in a traumatic car accident and was in a coma for over 4 weeks. I wanted to postpone my trip, but he woke up the week I was to leave and mom said NO, she made me go. On my birthday, my mother called me and Jim had spoken for the 1st time that day. Catherine and I just sat together and cried for so long (in the middle of DTD no less). We were just so overjoyed. She said "mama, wishes do come true!" I'm crying now... geesh! Anyway.... I love wishes, its a great story, a great lesson, a great way to just feel.

There were spectators standing behind us that were very cynical and just kind of ugly. They made comments like “wow, that’s it – they are having budget cuts” or “take a video, we can sell it on ebay”. They had Jersey accents and just weren’t nice people. I wanted to turn around and say something, ask that they move along and ruin somebody else’s Wishes, but I just focused on my family and didn’t allow them to ruin my show. It WAS my favorite after all!

After the show we lingered slowly and walked through the stores on our way out. We didn’t want too bad of a wait for the bus. Once out to the bus stop there was only 1 family waiting, we figured that it had JUST left before we got there. Emma was asleep in the stroller and once on the bus she curled up in my lap and slept all the way home.

It was good to be ‘home’. By this night, we were tired! It was day 5 after all.

**this is where my notes dry up. Yikes! I'll have to work on the next installment tomorrow. Thank GOODNESS for pictures!** Thank you for hanging in there ya'll! :hug:

Love the nighttime pics! My kids are terrified of fireworks so we didn't do any of the evening shows while we were there. Guess we'll save that for next time.

Just catching up on all your updates!

You need that picture of you and Mickey as your avatar!! It's great!! :)

You got some really nice pics of the kids at Chef Mickey's. Everyone of them is perfect!

I loved the desserts at CM too! I could've eaten just desserts :)

Hi everyone! I'm loving havnig a break at work to DIS :) July is by far my worst month, I have 3 implementation weekends all in a row, and tomorrows is our biggie. But I can start to see the light, and its helping feel a little less stressed.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I hope to work no a chapter, but its our last 2 days with the kiddos before they are off to their Mom for 2 weeks solid :worried:, but they are gone after Sunday and Steve has to be in Miami all next week for work, so alone time = more trip report!:surfweb:

Don't ya hate when work get's like that - how about one of these to make you feel better :grouphug:

YAY - wedding plans!!!! gonna post pics of the table decorations or invites?? I am glad the florist ended up to less then what you thought so you can get exactly what you want after all it is all bout you :flower3:

If you'd like me to, I'd be more then happy to post some wedding planning pics! Reminds me I need to make a payment to the photog. A good friend made the invites for me so they are very special. :love:

Okay I'm all caught up. It looks like you had a great trip so far!

Yay for being caught up :cheer2: I'm glad you are enjoying it. I just love having the memories stored away somewhere. It was overall an amazing trip. It had its moments, we all had our 'moods' but big picture... pretty perfect :)

Love the pics of Mickey and Minnie kissing you and Steve! They are adorable!!!:cutie: Chef Mickey's is fun, isn't it? We enjoyed it lwhen we were there in December. I'm with you, the stairs for the bathrooms is very industrial! But when we were there, they were doing construction, so I just assumed it was because of that?:confused3 Weird is right!!

No, no remodeling on the stairs, and still very industrial and the bathrooms that are down there are NICE so its just random.

I JUST had the idea :idea: how cute it might be to get a framed pic from our wedding day and put the pics of us getting kisses from Minnie & Mickey with it. Hmm that'd be cute.

Love the nighttime pics! My kids are terrified of fireworks so we didn't do any of the evening shows while we were there. Guess we'll save that for next time.

Kids do grow out of it, I hope yours do quickly. DD8 went through a year of being terrified of fire and fireworks and loud noises, yeah that was fun, and there were 3 yrs where I just didn't attempt Illuminations! She would scream from the begining and we'd just have to walk away... quickly. But she'd then enjoy them from the bus stop - it was a distance thing for her I think... Illuminations was just TOO close.

Just catching up on all your updates!

You need that picture of you and Mickey as your avatar!! It's great!! :)

You got some really nice pics of the kids at Chef Mickey's. Everyone of them is perfect!

I loved the desserts at CM too! I could've eaten just desserts :)

Oh thank you on the great compliment! It was a very fun dinner, I'm so glad that we did it. The energy was great, food - okay but energy was great!

Yes - the desserts are amazing. My fav was the mini-cheesecake. If I could remember the names of them all I'd have written more. after the cheesecake was the key lime pie thingee. LOVE key lime!

Love the pictures with Mickey and Minnie. How cute is that?

Oh thank you!!! It was a fun night! I can't wait to write about our last couple days.. lots of fun moments.

Up at at-em we were this morning – we were very excited for our rope drop at Hollywood Studios. The other night we’d done a lot of great stuff, but we’d left off the headliners – so…. That was our basic plan – Toy Story Mania FPs, Tower & Rock’n Roller Coaster, and the car stunt show & Indiana Jones. I think Steve had been waiting for this day. He was so excited to see the GUY SHOWS! LOL

We get up and moving – this day was actually pretty mild weather wise. The 105 was gone and it wasn’t too muggy out – NICE! We grabbed a quick breakfast in the food court and jumped on the bus to Hollywood Studios. When we got there and through bag check the line was really long to go through the turnstiles, but it moved along and we moved along with it.
Once through and into the park, we grabbed some times guides and maps and pulled over next to a store to get our game plan on – the crowd was still being held at the inner rope.

We look at the times guide and :scared1: NO WAY – NONE of the stunt shows started until after 12noon. That makes NO sense for so many reasons but mainly really – Its Florida – In JUNE – I think they’d want to do those hot car, fire, gasoline stunts in the morning when it was at least MAYBE cooler, not in the heat of the day. Steve was crushed! We had to leave by 11. HAD TO! Or we’d lose Emma. He pouted while I decided to let him pout. I volunteerd to wiggle up towards the front of the crowd and run for TSM FPs while he and the kids hung back and I’d meet up with them. He was in no mood for the big crowd – so he agreed.

Being solo its easy to wiggle up. I got to about 4th row, I wants being pushy at all either, just finding gaps. The opening show sounded cute – although I felt like it would never end. (PS – the opening family was a DISer that day! YAY) But I could not see the show b/c well I’m 5ft tall and in the mass of people at Rope Drop.

Rope drops and I do a masterful, bub-weave, speed walk. Question – WHY do they funnel people through that tiny door In the arch and not let them use the stairs? That was comical – I wanted to say MOOOOOO! Into Pixar-ville and I’m 3rd in line for the FP machine. FPs received for 10:05. COOL. I exit to leave and walk back to meet the family and holy cow. The line of people, just waiting for FPs, was down to the Little Mermaid! WOW!

Walking back up, I was in a good mood. Frustrated for the scheduled later in the day but happy that I had FPs for TSM and we could now go enjoy the other rides. On the way to meet up with Steve I came across 3 different families trying to get a picture in front of the hat. Mom would stand with the kids while dad took the shot, then mom & dad would swap. Nah – that won’t do. I stopped and played photog for them all. Hey, I wasn’t in a rush, no problem!

**side bar – I just realized we have NO pics from this day! We had some photopass pics taken, but the CD is still enroute – I’ll have to post those once I get them :thumbsup2

Back on track, I find Steve and the kids in the shop. Jack collects baseballs and was buying some with his spending money. Balls bought, we head to Tower of Terror & RockNRollercoaster. As we couldn’t get FPs for awhile we’d have to Stand-by them. So, Emma, Catherine & I went on Tower of Terror while Jack & Steve did whatever. Emma was so excited to be able to do this and I’m just shocked a little kid like her CAN do it. But yay.

All the way through the line, I was like “all good?” and she was beaming ear to ear. In the library with the scary movie “All good?”, she jumped up and down and clapped her hands. The scary movie made her MORE excited! In the end – it was GREAT. I didn’t feel too sick this time, probably because the entire ride I was looking at Emma. Making sure she was okay. It was a hoot to feel her float up and down. At the end she said “My feet touched HERE” pointing at the top of the seat in front of her. LOL - so fun to see her excitement.

As we were exiting I was bummed that I hadn’t told Steve to wait down there, in the shop. But they were just up on the street and easy to find. What did I find out he did while we were riding – hung out in the RockNRollercoaster shop. LOL He had gone to check it out, and while he and Jack were milling around the area, someone gave him their FPs – Just 2, but that was all we needed – YAY Cat and I didn’t have to Stand-by RockNRollercoaster!

Now, Catherine and I are the only ones that will DO this ride. Steve – Nope, sorry see ya! Jack just isn’t sure yet, he doesn’t think he’ll like rollercoasters and that’s fine and of course Em was too small. So we pretty much flew through the FP line and went right into the staging room. No Chris today, but that’s okay.

We were, for the 2nd time – in the back row! This always happens to us, but that’s okay – it is SO FUN! Just love that ride!!! And it was over way too quick. Now, before we left for Disney I heard rumors….. rumors that they were turning it into a Hannah Montana/Jonas brothers coaster – Please goodness NO! I cant think of a cool song to rock out to from either of them.. PLEASE keep it Aerosmith! Steven Tyler has a house at the beach here, maybe I should go beg him to make sure they keep the name! LOL

By the time we were done with all those rides, we start walking to Toy Story Mania – this is when I inform Steve of my PLAN!

It was after 10:00 by now and I was happy with what we’d done so far, so I suggested that after TSM, the girls and I head home to nap and swim and our men stay behind and enjoy the afternoon stunt shows. Really? Really! Steve was so excited, and I really did not mind. I'm a great wifey that way! :hug:I’d rather do that any day then have an exhausted, cranky kiddo on my hands.

TSM was so cool – I really loved this ride. Ride/Attraction, really what is it? But it was FUN! All I know is Steve had the most, then CATHERINE then me, followed by Jack & Emma was last – she’s 4 we love her but she’s easy to beat.

I wish we’d been able to do this again because it really was awesome, but by this time, FP return was after 5:00.

Having done TSM, we sat on a bench and made sure the boys had what they needed gave kisses & hugs and the girls and I departed for our long journey home – you think I’m kidding – right!....

Feeling a little bit of freedom from our men, the girls and I head to the POFQ bus stop at Hollywood Studios. We walk up and there are about 3 families and they are all under that little spot of shade that the umbrella provides. We grab a spot of shade and waited. We learn that one lady had been there close to 35 minutes.

While waiting we watched MANY MANY bussed pull out empty b/c nobody was leaving from their resorts stop (I mean it WAS before lunch still). After about 20 minutes you can see the Disney Transportation lady walking around out in front of the bus stops. A lady from our stop walked across the street (no worries, no busses) to ask her what was going on. She said that she was working on a solution. About 2 minutes later, a MEARS bus pulls up and he said “I’m to take you wherever you need to go”. Umm OK. The girls and I load up, putting our stroller UNDER the bus. The girls had so much fun riding in the big bus – that had a bathroom. That was Catherine’s favorite part – knowing there was a bathroom, on the bus.

I know.. journey’s “home” have been longer, and oh wow is there a bus journey yet to be had, but waiting for that bus and then riding a Mears back to the resort – It was odd.
Getting back to POFQ, we’d planned to have lunch, swim THEN nap. Well, I was sleepy, very sleepy. So I talked the girls into lunch, nap THEN swim and it worked out great. We slept for a good 2 hours  NICE! Then we got to quietly get ready for the pool, no boys to fight over who would get dressed behind the curtain with – I swear, the kids fought daily about that darn curtain! It was a savior, but geesh!

We headed down to the pool around 2 and I was fully shocked with how busy it was. We found a chair alright. We only needed one – it was only holding our things for us. But I could not find a life-vest for Emma.

She had 3 wks of swim lessons and she’s doing MUCH better, but she just still doesn’t kick her way up too well – she just kind of sinks. At home she loves her noodle, but we didn’t bring any and have so far had no problems with the life-vest at the POFQ pool. I think what got me the most was walking around the pool and seeing MANY of them sitting on chairs with peoples belongings. Like they had reserved it for the day. That was a bit frustrating.

So, in the pool we went. I just was sure to stay right at the slide and not let her get UNDER the water too much when she came down. Catherine loved to come down 1st and catch her – she’s a great swimmer and a better big sis, but I was always there in case. I didn’t want to be THAT mom who had to have the lifeguard save her kid.

We swam around a bit, played under the fountain, jumped off the edge, did ‘bobs’ (Catherine does them in swim team and Emma thinks they are the coolest). Eventually Em had to potty so Cat and I took her to the bathroom. This was interesting – while in the bathroom I see a few girls getting ‘ready’ in the mirror. Applying eye makeup, fixing their hair etc. I didn’t really notice them MUCH, but noted the fact that they were primping for the pool – odd to me.

We walk back out to the pool and get back in. We were sitting on the steps and playing in the shallow area when I SAW the girls who were in the bathroom, like I finally SAW them. Catherine saw them too. She lifted her arm, pointed directly at them and said “MOMMY, those girls are SO inappropriate!” Yes, they were. They were not but 12 years old; one had on a sting bikini with short little daisy duke shorts and the other had on a one-piece black suit with less material then a bikini, the front covered her girlie-bits and then plunged down to below her navel. The back was barely there as well, with 1 string across the back and it exposed the top of her fanny cleavage. I mean – she was NO more then 12 years old! I could not believe it. Then to see them in the pool with their families and that was okay!
I know, I know. Disney attracts guests from many countries which brings together many cultures and every culture is different, but if my 8 yr old knows its not appropriate – someone needs more material. Please know, I did immediately lower her arm and instruct her not to stare OR point.

About 30 minutes later, Steve and Jack appear :lovestruc We missed them! Well I did at least. They had a wonderful time at HS. After we left they ate lunch at Pizza Planet. Steve relayed to me the fun game of “hey you’re leaving, hey you are looking for a table” that was played when he both was looking for a seat and getting up from his seat. He has truly understood what it is to be at Disney. LOVE HIM!

They LOVED Indiana Jones and he told me about the “guest volunteer” who was actually a cast member and he thought it was a trip. And of course BOTH boys loved the Stunt Show. They did other stuff between shows, I think they did Star Tours again and The Great Movie Ride again, but what mattered was they really had a great time!

We swam some more but not too long, we were all a bit tired again and the girls and I were getting a bit burnt. We all headed upstairs, took showers and took a nice little nap. I told you, I love naps!

After waking from naps we tried to decide what to do. We had nothing planned and thought maybe we’d play minigolf, but we also took a minute to look at our finances. Even though we were on DDP we didn’t have any extra meals to spare. We had plans for our last day and a half to come still. We’d also enjoyed beverages throughout the trip and the cash was running low. What to do – McDonalds! LOL We headed over to McDonalds near the All Stars for dinner.

DSC03566.jpg

This was the day that Michael Jackson passed away. All the TVs were only talking about that and the kids got to learn a little about some of the pop culture we’d grown up with.
McDonalds was McDonalds! LOL Is a very pretty McDonalds, but its more expensive then a regular McDonalds and didn’t have the $1 menu at all. Steve loves the McChicken, and it wasn’t there. (sad)

DSC03569.jpg

Dinner eaten we were tired and headed home. We made a stop for some water to fill our water bladder with. Arriving back to POFQ, we kind of meandered back to the room. We walked out to the river and walked that path back, it was a beautiful night, a storm was trying to come in so the sky was kind of grey but it was still very pretty out. We saw a horse and carriage and sat on a bench to watch it go by. Very peaceful!

Once back in the room, the kids settled into a movie while Steve and I talked about the rest of our trip, just 1 ½ days left! We had an early morning so although we’d taken naps (2 for some of us) we happily went to bed a bit early. Its amazing what the pace and the heat take out of you.

** ya know.. i was pathetic with the camera today.. I better pick up the pace tomorrow - I think I do.. we'll see**

For all of you still following along out there - Day 6 sure was boring huh? We didn't do much, but that was the kind of day we needed - we needed to relax and recharge - we had a really great FINISH planned to our vacation :)

Stay tuned - more fun to come - PROMISE!

Sorry I've been MIA lately. Life has gotten in the way of me reading TR's. But I'm catching up now.

We had a day where we split up also. It worked well for us and everyone seemed much happier to see each other after getting to spend the day apart.

You mentioned the putt-putt golf....have you ever played? We've thought about it, but never have.

We were in the World Showcase that day. I remember us hearing about Michael Jackson while eating at Teppan Edo.

I love the days off with nothing planned. I always need them and do love them as we do any thing or nothing. This way it feels like a vacation instead of going all the time and coming home and needing a vacation from the vacation. Enjoying your TR.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter