Our 15 day summer adventure to WDW! NEW TR LINK 11/6 pg. 49!!

Another great day! The boats looked like fun at MK looked so crazy-I would have not lasted either! Hope Aruba is fantastic!

Hi everyone! I am live from Aruba! Thanks for all of your wonderful replies, I really appreciate all of your comments and I promise I will reply to you all individually when I get back home and hopefully I will wrap up our last 2 days quickly! Thanks for understanding as my family and I enjoy our last vacation before the summer ends and school starts again!:goodvibes

Great update! I :rotfl: when I read about your crying to the CM. That's totally something I would do! I am not usually a crier, but when it comes to my kids I am ALWAYS tearing up at the worst moments! :lmao: So glad it worked out and you got the deal. :goodvibes

Hope you guys are having a great time in Aruba. I am sure the kids are excited to be back to school! I know mine are. Have a great week!

Just goes to show you we will do anything for our kids. I got teary eyed just reading about the boys saving up their money to buy R2 D2. The boat ride looked like alot of fun. We have thought about doing the water mice many of times ourselves. I would have been a backseat driver with my husband too because I would have been nervous. Chef Mickey's looked like alot of fun and hanging with the Tim and Lesley crew looked like a blast.

Enjoy Aruba :banana:

Hi there!!! I am just back after two weeks away and trying to catch up with all my TR reading! Okay so I have just finished your DHS day, and WOW what an amazing jam packed fun filled and exciting day!! Looks like you got so much in! I am impressed, and some great meals, too! FUN!!!! Okay, back to reading! I am still on day 10 .... :rotfl:

Okay! I just read through July 3rd! But for some reason your photos are missing? :confused3 So I will have to come back and see them! Any way the stories were great -- Epcot, the boat ride, Boardwalk! AND of course Chef Mickey's! IT WAS SO crowded at MK on the 3rd, I agree! We must have been walking in about the same time! We braved it, and as you know just did it, but yes I remember that day being incredibly HOT, and the evening after the sun went down STILL Wildly crowded, and we bolted pretty much after the fireworks!

ANYHOW, hope Aruba is fabulous!

Hi Diane,
Just got home last night and am done getting caught up on your trippie. Not sure why but your pics on your last few updates are not showing up. I was looking forward to your BWV pics. Sorry about the rude pool CM and poor Eric getting sick, glad it was only once so probably something he ate. The boat rental idea sounds fun, we have yet to do that too. :rotfl2: about the Disney coast guard that is just crazy. Also so happy things worked out with R2D2 :cool1: that the CM did her job. Honestly I don't think the R2 is worth $120 he doesn't seem to work right since we got him. He gets locked up a lot and we have to turn him off and back on. Not sure if yours does this :confused3.

Loved :lmao: reading your monorail ride to the TTC, that is omething my hubby would do. Your dinner at CM's and arcade time sounds great too. The packed monorail sounds a bit scary though since everyone was seperated., glad your family and Lesley's decided to skip crazy packed MK.

Anyway I hope you are having fun in the sun in Aruba!! Wish I were there, I just love it. Please take lots of pics :goodvibes.

Diane! I am SOOOOO behind. I wanted to do some catching up today, but I can't see any of your pictures. :sad1: There is a photobucket sign saying "bandwith exceeded". Is anyone else having this problem?!?!

Another Bergen, NJ girl in the house as well!

WELCOME!!

Hi, Diane!!! Another fun day for all of you!!! The boat ride looks like a lot of fun! Had Bryan ever driven a boat before? I am just wondering how hard it is to do. Thank goodness the manager at Mousegears honored the sale price on R2D2 -- they are so great at Disney! What crazy crowds at the Magic Kingdom! :eek: I don't blame you for heading back for a peaceful evening at the Boardwalk!

Thanks Jackie! Bryan has driven a boat before, so we really should have left him alone!!

Awesome update Diane!!! What a fun and relaxing day you had!!! I can not believe the crowds at MK!! WOW!!! Good move avoiding them!!! Hoping to hit the Boardwalk on our first night!! It's such a fun atmosphere...

Thanks so much, yes those crowds were NUTS!! Have fun at the Boardwalk!!

A little crying can get you what you want every single time. :thumbsup2
I don't think that I would have been able to have held it in either.

Thanks! I just felt SO GUILTY!!

What a great day! I'll tell you the ducks were such a pain over at SAB, they were constantly in the water as well! I guess there's no keeping them out! I'm glad the CM sold you the R2 D2 at the sale price, that's exactly what they should have done! Yay for a nice CM!
What fun times you had with Tim and Lesely crew again. The picture of the kids with their prizes was so cute.

Here's my question....Do the Disney coast guard use binoculars? I have seen them sitting on the sides of the canals, I guess they were watching the watercraft rentals....

Thanks Anita! Those ducks were outrageous! I think the Disney coast guard does use binoculars!!

Great update. The Boardwalk sounds like a lot of fun, and the added plus of being next to Epcot is great. We have stay at the Beach Club, maybe it is time we tried it again. I just wish they had more of a food court close by for breakfast items. My husband is a big breakfast eater, but we do not want to spend the time a table service requires for a meal. In fact I have started planning a special Disney trip next June for our 25th anniversary and his only input has been do they have a quick service(or food court) for breakfast.

The boardwalk is GREAT!! I agree 100% about the food court choices! Have a wonderful 25th anniversary trip!

Crazy crowds at the Magic Kingdom:scared1:
Glad the boys got their R2D2:goodvibes

Thanks Shannon, those crowds were crazy!

That boat ride looked like a ton of fun :woohoo:

so glad the boys got their R2D2 and that the awesome manager honored the sale :thumbsup2

Those crowds at MK looked insane :scared1:

Good choice spending your evening at Boardwalk. Looks like you all had a blast

Oh, I agree with you. Whoopee Cushions are fun at any age..that stuff never gets old :lmao:

The boat ride was TONS of fun! The crowds were insane and the whoopee cushion was HILARIOUS!!! Thanks Kelly!!

What a fun day. I always want to take out the water mice, but I"m scared for my DH to drive! :laughing: I'm sure he would do a fine job, I would just be a nervous wreck.

So funny about the monorail people. I would have been dying!

That is nuts how crowded MK was!! It isn't even fun when it is that crowded.

Looking forward to your 4th of July day.

Thanks, Bryan is reluctant to do the boat again because of his crew!! Thos emonorail people were SO RUDE!!

Wow! Another awesome day! How great you met up with Tim, Lesley and kids again. It looks like you all get along so well! It's always fun when you vacation at the same time as someone else....it's great to see famliar faces and enjoy some time together.

What did Bryan say about the R2D2 incident?

Thanks! We did get along very well with the T&L family! Bryan wasn't surprised that I handled the situation with R2 D2, I am ALWAYS the bad cop in this house!!

How fantastic that it worked out about R2D2!! I'm so glad you asked to speak with the manager!

Looks like another awesome day/evening! The CM pictures are so cute annd the boat pictures are gorgeous!

Looking forward to 4th of July!!

Thanks Sunnie, there was NO WAY I was leaving that store without an R2 D2! Thanks about the pictures! It was a GREAT day!

Trying to remember everything I wrote and wanted to say!

How cool that your room was ready so early in the morning!! Definitely had some pixie dust going there. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you were able to get the R2D2 for the sale price. :goodvibes

Those crowds are scaring looking! Sounds like a wonderful evening hanging out with friends. :goodvibes

Thanks carissa! I was SO happy our room was ready too!

so glad the cm worked out the deal on the R2 D2. Great mom to do all you could, we mom's understand that.:thumbsup2

You're really making me want to stay at the boardwalk. Send us pixie dust that we'll be able to get it for Dec...I'm calling every other week.:rotfl:

My hubby would sympathize with Bryan and all the "watch out honey" "Be careful". After our little car bump up, I am completely driving him crazy with that.

Lovin the TR, Have a wonderful time in Aruba!

Thanks Julie! Have you heard about the Boardwalk for Dec. yet? Thanks for reading!!

Another great day! The boats looked like fun at MK looked so crazy-I would have not lasted either! Hope Aruba is fantastic!

Thanks Laura! I could not imagine going into the MK on that night!!

Great update! I :rotfl: when I read about your crying to the CM. That's totally something I would do! I am not usually a crier, but when it comes to my kids I am ALWAYS tearing up at the worst moments! :lmao: So glad it worked out and you got the deal. :goodvibes

Hope you guys are having a great time in Aruba. I am sure the kids are excited to be back to school! I know mine are. Have a great week!

Thanks so much! Crying usually works everytime but I was truly upset this time!!

Just goes to show you we will do anything for our kids. I got teary eyed just reading about the boys saving up their money to buy R2 D2. The boat ride looked like alot of fun. We have thought about doing the water mice many of times ourselves. I would have been a backseat driver with my husband too because I would have been nervous. Chef Mickey's looked like alot of fun and hanging with the Tim and Lesley crew looked like a blast.

Enjoy Aruba :banana:

You are so sweet, thanks so much!! the boat ride was fun!

Hi there!!! I am just back after two weeks away and trying to catch up with all my TR reading! Okay so I have just finished your DHS day, and WOW what an amazing jam packed fun filled and exciting day!! Looks like you got so much in! I am impressed, and some great meals, too! FUN!!!! Okay, back to reading! I am still on day 10 .... :rotfl:

Thanks so much, glad you are catching up!

Hope you are having a great time in Aruba :woohoo:

We did, thanks Kelly!

Okay! I just read through July 3rd! But for some reason your photos are missing? :confused3 So I will have to come back and see them! Any way the stories were great -- Epcot, the boat ride, Boardwalk! AND of course Chef Mickey's! IT WAS SO crowded at MK on the 3rd, I agree! We must have been walking in about the same time! We braved it, and as you know just did it, but yes I remember that day being incredibly HOT, and the evening after the sun went down STILL Wildly crowded, and we bolted pretty much after the fireworks!

ANYHOW, hope Aruba is fabulous!

Thanks so much! Aruba was fabulous! That is so AMAZING that you braved those crowds at the MK, I remember reading about that night in your TR and being impressed!

Hi Diane,
Just got home last night and am done getting caught up on your trippie. Not sure why but your pics on your last few updates are not showing up. I was looking forward to your BWV pics. Sorry about the rude pool CM and poor Eric getting sick, glad it was only once so probably something he ate. The boat rental idea sounds fun, we have yet to do that too. :rotfl2: about the Disney coast guard that is just crazy. Also so happy things worked out with R2D2 :cool1: that the CM did her job. Honestly I don't think the R2 is worth $120 he doesn't seem to work right since we got him. He gets locked up a lot and we have to turn him off and back on. Not sure if yours does this :confused3.

Loved :lmao: reading your monorail ride to the TTC, that is omething my hubby would do. Your dinner at CM's and arcade time sounds great too. The packed monorail sounds a bit scary though since everyone was seperated., glad your family and Lesley's decided to skip crazy packed MK.

Anyway I hope you are having fun in the sun in Aruba!! Wish I were there, I just love it. Please take lots of pics :goodvibes.

Thanks Nichole! Our R2 D2 does get stuck sometimes, it doesn't help that the boys fight over him and yell, the poor toy gets confused!! Yes, the MK and monorail were NUTS, in a weird way, I did want to go in, but not with the kids!! Aruba was great!

Love your report. Glad it worked out with the R2D2.

Thanks so much and thanks for posting!!

Diane! I am SOOOOO behind. I wanted to do some catching up today, but I can't see any of your pictures. :sad1: There is a photobucket sign saying "bandwith exceeded". Is anyone else having this problem?!?!

Oh No, I know how busy you are...sorry Sooze!! Thanks for trying!!

I can't see any of the pictures either:sad2:

It is my fault, details to follow!

Just went back over your updates to see all the pics :goodvibes thanks. Love the BWV pictures, looks like a great resort! Did you like it better than SSR? the pool looks really fun and the location of course. Love the picture with you and the boys at Flying Fish, very pretty! Again with that whole bingo :headache: thing. The crowd pics going into MK look absolutely crazy :scared1:.

Welcome back! Are going to do a mini trip report on your Aruba vacation?

Thanks so much! I might just post a few pictures!

Just went back over your updates to see all the pics :goodvibes thanks. Love the BWV pictures, looks like a great resort! Did you like it better than SSR? the pool looks really fun and the location of course. Love the picture with you and the boys at Flying Fish, very pretty! Again with that whole bingo :headache: thing. The crowd pics going into MK look absolutely crazy :scared1:.

Thanks Nichole! Yes, I liked the boardwalk better but I think SSR was more relaxing! Boardwalk and the boardwalk view are very lively and boistrous! The location can't be beat though!

Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in getting this update out! Life here has been CRAZY! When we got home from Aruba, I got a phone call for a teaching job that I wasn't expecting ONE WEEK before school starts and add that in with back from vacation stuff, the boys footbal and getting them ready for school and well:scared1: Without further dealy, here is day 14!!

This was the 4th of July and Bryan and Matthew had NO INTENTIONS of going to a park after seeing last nights MK crowds but Eric BEGGED me to go to DHS, so it was he and I that headed out early that morning! We left Boardwalk at 7:30 am and walked to DHS, I wanted to make sure we were near the front of the turnstile lines!

Some pics. from our walk!

IMG_7668.jpg

IMG_7669.jpg

Arriving at DHS!

We had arrived by 7:50 am and it was a GHOST TOWN!!

IMG_7675.jpg

Finally at about 8:40 they started letting people in, which was earlier than normal! The other strange thing is that there was no morning show! I guess they were just expecting such huge crowds that they decided not to do it. They held us right where the railing ends in front of the hat!

IMG_7679.jpg

When the rope dropped Eric and I dashed to the standby line for TSM. Our plan was to stay until lunch eat at Toy Story Pizza Planet and then leave! We hit TSM and LOVED it! I actually got the high score at 300,000 points but I was so excited I forgot to take a picture....you are just going to have to trust me!! After TSM we dashed over to the Tower of Terror! This was when we hit our first wall of Brazilian Tour Groups!

IMG_7682.jpg

They are VERY disorganized they have to all wait around until they are together so the key for us was to hurry and beat them to the attractions and this worked LIKE A CHARM!!

Eric and I enjoyed our TOT ride and then decided to head out to see the High School Musical show!!

Eric watching!

IMG_7690.jpg

IMG_7688.jpg

IMG_7693.jpg

IMG_7691.jpg

We then decided to go and wait for the next American Idol show to start! It was SO HOT on this day!

IMG_7703.jpg

IMG_7708.jpg

Eric and I just LOVE this show, I think it is very well done!! After American Idol we were getting hungry and decided to head for some lunch! This is when I noticed the crowds....the LACK of crowds!

Here was the time....

IMG_7714.jpg

And here is what it looked like at that time back by the Muppets and Toy Story Pizza Planet area!

IMG_7710.jpg

IMG_7711.jpg

IMG_7711.jpg

Inside the restaurant!

IMG_7711.jpg

Eric LOVING the crowd level!

IMG_7716.jpg

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST!

For some reason I am having a HORRIBLE time with photobucket right now!!!! I am SUPER frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: The site is double posting my pictures!!!! Everytime I go to copy a picture it leaves the photobucket site and goes to Google!!! I will try posting more tomorrow! Sorry!!:goodvibes

For some reason I am having a HORRIBLE time with photobucket right now!!!! I am SUPER frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: The site is double posting my pictures!!!! Everytime I go to copy a picture it leaves the photobucket site and goes to Google!!! I will try posting more tomorrow! Sorry!!:goodvibes

I think it is doing that to everyone tonight. So annoying!

I know where I am going if I'm ever at the world on July 4th! Holy cow, I can't believe the lack of crowds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter