Our 15 day summer adventure to WDW! NEW TR LINK 11/6 pg. 49!!

I love the Boardwalk area but creepy, scary clown at that pool! LOL! My oldest would freak, she is clown-phobic!

So sorry to hear Eric had the pukies at night. We've had that as well as middle of the night nose bleeds happen at Disney. Happy to hear they helped you out so quickly!

And your previous day at Epcot and SSR was very nice, a real stop and smell the roses kind of day!

Allyson

PS Have fun in Aruba! We honeymooned there and loved it!

Wow Diane, that was an update full of ups and downs....
Don't you love the Epcot resorts? There is nothing like being able to stroll over to the IG. :goodvibes

Sorry about Eric getting sick, but I'm glad it was just the one time! I've decided that the rude CM's are getting tattled on from now on. There is just no excuse! They have been trained to treat guests with respect. I've also heard that they have been told that they will be fired on the spot for treating a guest in a less than magical way....:confused:

Hey Diane - We are from Bergen County - close to Manhattan and Giants Stadium!!! So that makes you "down the shore" from me! :goodvibes

GO GIANTS!

Diane - great update.

Wow what a day, some great things - love your breakfast pics, one of favorites. Epcot evening ahhh :cloud9:

Sorry to hear about your bad bingo experience, though.

Thanks so much! It was a Great night!

The Boardwalk looks awesome! I am dying over your view!! That is so great.

I've never seen pix of the Boardwalk pool before. That clown is a little scary looking :laughing:, but the slide looks so cool.

I cannot stand rude people. Haven't they ever heard the phrase "If you don't have anything nice to say..." . She was just jealous, you bought multiple cards, so that means you can win multiple times.

How nice to walk to Epcot. That is the main reason I want to stay at BW or BC.

So, how would you compare BW and SSR?

Thanks! Our view was wonderful! I think SSR is probably more peaceful than the Boardwalk but overall I think the boardwalk is better. The convenience is unmatched and I like when the DVC is part of a hotel.

I'm a former Passaic & Monmouth County girl. :banana:

Yay, another NJ girl!

I love your pics from the boardwalk. We have ressie at OKW for Dec. but I keep calling trying to get in at the boardwalk or beach club. I love OKW, just on a mission to try different resorts. Thanks for posting those.

I've also wanted to try Cape May. I just love the character's costumes there.:love:

You got some great family pics from flying fish. Really good pic of you and the boys.

Thanks Julie! Cape May was a nice surprise, it was GREAT! I hope you can get into Boardwalk, keep trying!

I love the Boardwalk area but creepy, scary clown at that pool! LOL! My oldest would freak, she is clown-phobic!

So sorry to hear Eric had the pukies at night. We've had that as well as middle of the night nose bleeds happen at Disney. Happy to hear they helped you out so quickly!

And your previous day at Epcot and SSR was very nice, a real stop and smell the roses kind of day!

Allyson

PS Have fun in Aruba! We honeymooned there and loved it!

Thanks Allyson! That clown pool is a bit creepy, the eyes light up at night too!!

Wow Diane, that was an update full of ups and downs....
Don't you love the Epcot resorts? There is nothing like being able to stroll over to the IG. :goodvibes

Sorry about Eric getting sick, but I'm glad it was just the one time! I've decided that the rude CM's are getting tattled on from now on. There is just no excuse! They have been trained to treat guests with respect. I've also heard that they have been told that they will be fired on the spot for treating a guest in a less than magical way....:confused:

Thanks Anita! I really wish I would have said something about the CM and I didn't. It was so wonderful being at an Epcot resort, it spoiled us for sure!

This day started out with the boys begging Bryan to take them out on the water mice! We had talked about renting them before we even left home! Being at the Boardwalk, it was SUPER convenient. When we got over to the marina, we realized it was actually cheaper to rent a bigger boat that the 4 of us can go on together then to rent 2 water mice! So we rented a Boston Whaler!

Our original vessel!

IMG_7560.jpg

My men!

IMG_7562.jpg

We paid for our ride and got on board! We had so much fun cruising around the lake and down to DHS!!

IMG_7564.jpg

IMG_7565.jpg

IMG_7566.jpg

IMG_7572.jpg

IMG_7574.jpg

Eric waving to the people on one of the Friendship boats!

IMG_7577.jpg

TOT in the distance!

IMG_7575.jpg

IMG_7578.jpg

IMG_7579.jpg

Poor Bryan, I was just a little nervous about driving the boat around the lake so I kept saying "oh, Bryan watch out" or "hey, don't hit that" after awhile the boys joined in with me and Bryan was getting mad at us! Of course he did a GREAT job driving the boat and there were NO problems but that was just the worrier in me! Sorry babe!

Also, while Matthew was sitting next to Bryan, he asked if he could move the throttle and Bryan said OK...WELL the Disney Coast Guard was on us in 5 seconds flat yelling at us through their megaphones...."SIR PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH THE CONTROLS, YOU ARE NOT 16 YEARS OLD!" YIKES! I felt like we were being watched through closed circuit cameras!

We had paid for a half an hour ride, so we made our way to the lake!

Matthew feeling defeated!

IMG_7581.jpg

IMG_7582.jpg

IMG_7585.jpg

IMG_7588.jpg

IMG_7591.jpg

IMG_7596.jpg

IMG_7597.jpg

IMG_7598.jpg

IMG_7599.jpg

Our vessel!

IMG_7601.jpg

Overall, we had a very fun morning! Again, this was something we had never done before at Disney and we had a GREAT time!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST!

So after our tour around Cresent lake, we decide to head back to the Boardwalk and go for a swim. We swam for a bit and then went over to Hurrricane Hanna's for lunch! BIG MISTAKE! It was July 3rd, it was HOT aand this place was MOBBED! There were so many CM's policing Stormalong Bay that there was no way the kids could even soak their feet while we waited for our food! Finally I ordered and we waited about 35 minutes for our food! Everyone was CRANKY at this point! We ate at a table right there by the pool!

IMG_7602.jpg

IMG_7603.jpg

Again, BIG MISTAKE! There were ducks EVERYWHERE and people were feeding them...I bet you can guess who freaked out?..........................................................................................................................................

Did you guess Eric? Well you would be right!!!

IMG_7605.jpg

We INHALED our food and got the heck out of there!!! We headed back to the Boarwalk and our room! We showered and got ready to go to Epcot! The boys were excited to purchase their voice activated R2 D2 and then we were going to take the monorail to the Contemporary for our dinner at Chef Mickey's!

After showering, we forged on into Epcot! It was SO HOT! I was surprised that it wasn't very crowded remember, it was July 3rd!

These pics were taken at about 3:00 in the afternoon!

IMG_7610.jpg

IMG_7611.jpg

IMG_7612.jpg

We actually had to stop and get water it was THAT HOT!

IMG_7614.jpg

Eric melting...

IMG_7613.jpg

IMG_7615.jpg

So we venture into Mousegear to purchase the coveted R2 D2, well, the store was INSANELY CROWDED! This is where veryone who was in Epcot was! Bryan and Matthew decided to go ride Spaceship Earth and Eric and I would take care of the purchases! The deal with the R2 D2 was that if you spent $40 you could get it for $60 which is a HUGE deal because normally it sells for about $120! I browsed the store and picked out gifts for my nieces and nephews and I picked out a wrsit little purse and I bought the boys pin each and we picked out soem gifts for Bryan for his birthday! Once this was all done it was time to find R2 D2...well we couldn't find him nor the sign about the spend $40 get him for $60 so I walked up to a store CM and asked about it to which she replied "Oh, that sale ended" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now remember my boys have been saving for this thing since April of 2008 and were willing to pay $120, they were going to share it! All of the color drained out of my face and I instantly felt sick! I looked at Eric and he was trying SO HARD to keep it together! Remember, it was MY IDEA to make them wait to buy it and since, they had spent almost all of their souveneir money on other things except for their $30 each for R2 D2! Well, I immediately asked for a manager and I was pointed to one at the counter. I walked over and tried to speak but I got all choked up and started crying (yes, I am nuts!) Well I explained the situation and she didn't hestitate and told me "don't worry, we are going to give it to you for the sale price" those were the BEST words I had ever heard! I felt SO BAD! I know those CM's thought I was CRAZY but I had to make it right for my kids!!!!!!!!!!! Eric and I paid for our things and had them shipped back to the resort!

We met back up with Bryan and Matthew and made our way to the monorail!

IMG_7616.jpg

IMG_7617.jpg

The monorail ride to the TTC was interesting to say the least! We were on board with a huge group of people that were all together! They were also hard of hearing! They did not speak English. They were talking SO LOUD, screaming basically! SO ANNOYING! This went on for 10 minutes. Finally, Bryan couldn't take it any longer! He turns to Matthew and at the top of his lungs he says " HI MATTHEW, WE ARE ALMOST THERE, ARE YOU EXCITED! NICE DAY TODAY HUH! ARE YOU HAPPY TO EAT AT CHEF MICKEY'S AGAIN?" So funny! I was laughing so hard, I had tears coming out of my eyes! Wouldn't you know the other people all got quiet to listen to what Bryan was saying! What a CRAZY experience! At the TTC center we bolted off the monorail to change to the resort line and head over to the Contemporary!

CONTINUED IN THE NEXT POST!

We made our way into the Contemporary and checked into Chef Mickey's! Within minutes we were shown to our table! We knew that Tm and Lesley were also eating here on this night but their ADR was earlier than ours! After a bit I got a text from Tim asking if we were there yet! Then we saw them! We said we would meet up after we were done!

IMG_7621.jpg

IMG_7622.jpg

IMG_7623.jpg

IMG_7624.jpg

IMG_7627.jpg

IMG_7630.jpg

I always get this shot, I think it is so cute!

IMG_7631.jpg

IMG_7632.jpg

At this point in our meal, we got a text from Tim again that said "we are watching you" this was Bryan's face when he saw it!

IMG_7633.jpg

We looked up and they were standing there looking our way! TOO FUNNY! We needed soem laughs after our horrible monorail ride!

IMG_7636.jpg

Some of our desserts!

IMG_7637.jpg

After dinner we said goodbye to Chef Mickey's for this trip and went to the arcade!

IMG_7639.jpg

IMG_7640.jpg

Tim and Bryan took the kids into the arcade and Lesley and I plopped ourselves down on a big red, round cushion outside of the arcade and talked! Before to long the kids came back out!

IMG_7641.jpg

One of my favorite pictures of the trip, can't you see the fun dripping off of their faces!

IMG_7642.jpg

Well from here things just got VERY SILLY! Luke had won a whoopee cushion and the kids of course were taking turns using it! I guess it doesn't matter how old you get, farts are just funny! We had so much fun watching the kids laugh and be silly! We must have played in that area for an hour!

IMG_7643.jpg

IMG_7645.jpg

IMG_7650.jpg

IMG_7651.jpg

IMG_7652.jpg

After awhile, a man and his seeing eye dog came by and was SO NICE! He was showing the kids how to give him commands and how the dog helps him!

IMG_7648.jpg

IMG_7649.jpg

IMG_7647.jpg

After our visit with the man and his dog we decide to head to the Magic kingdom!

IMG_7653.jpg

CONITUNED IN THE NEXT POST!

We walked down to the monorail and the line was HUGE! The monorail comes and it was PACKED! We all got seperated, not a great feeling! Lesley and Lauren were in one car, Bryan was in his own car, the boys and I were in one and Tim and Luke were in the car next to us! This was one CRAZY trip! I have NEVER seen the monorail SO CROWDED! It was quite the interesting ride, I felt so bad for Eric, some mans butt was directly in Eric's face! GROSS! Needless to say, we decided NOT to brave the crowds....

IMG_7654.jpg

IMG_7655.jpg

This was at about 8 oclock at night!

IMG_7657.jpg

Beautiful sunset!

IMG_7659.jpg

The kids!

IMG_7656.jpg

A manly pose!

IMG_7660.jpg

Tim and Lesley and the kids decided to join us and come back to the Boardwalk to check it out! We had a fun evening, we showed them our room and our view! Then we went down to the Boardwalk and the kids played games at the basketball game and water shooting game! Matthew won! He picked a dog!

It was a GREAT relaxing evening! We just people watched and soaked in the Boardwalk atmosphere!

Bryan and Tim chatting about something!

IMG_7661.jpg

Coming next!

4th of July at DHS
Change of dinner plans
AWESOME night

Hi, Diane!!! Another fun day for all of you!!! The boat ride looks like a lot of fun! Had Bryan ever driven a boat before? I am just wondering how hard it is to do. Thank goodness the manager at Mousegears honored the sale price on R2D2 -- they are so great at Disney! What crazy crowds at the Magic Kingdom! :eek: I don't blame you for heading back for a peaceful evening at the Boardwalk!

Awesome update Diane!!! What a fun and relaxing day you had!!! I can not believe the crowds at MK!! WOW!!! Good move avoiding them!!! Hoping to hit the Boardwalk on our first night!! It's such a fun atmosphere...

A little crying can get you what you want every single time. :thumbsup2
I don't think that I would have been able to have held it in either.

What a great day! I'll tell you the ducks were such a pain over at SAB, they were constantly in the water as well! I guess there's no keeping them out! I'm glad the CM sold you the R2 D2 at the sale price, that's exactly what they should have done! Yay for a nice CM!
What fun times you had with Tim and Lesely crew again. The picture of the kids with their prizes was so cute.

Here's my question....Do the Disney coast guard use binoculars? I have seen them sitting on the sides of the canals, I guess they were watching the watercraft rentals....

Great update. The Boardwalk sounds like a lot of fun, and the added plus of being next to Epcot is great. We have stay at the Beach Club, maybe it is time we tried it again. I just wish they had more of a food court close by for breakfast items. My husband is a big breakfast eater, but we do not want to spend the time a table service requires for a meal. In fact I have started planning a special Disney trip next June for our 25th anniversary and his only input has been do they have a quick service(or food court) for breakfast.

That boat ride looked like a ton of fun :woohoo:

so glad the boys got their R2D2 and that the awesome manager honored the sale :thumbsup2

Those crowds at MK looked insane :scared1:

Good choice spending your evening at Boardwalk. Looks like you all had a blast

Oh, I agree with you. Whoopee Cushions are fun at any age..that stuff never gets old :lmao:

What a fun day. I always want to take out the water mice, but I"m scared for my DH to drive! :laughing: I'm sure he would do a fine job, I would just be a nervous wreck.

So funny about the monorail people. I would have been dying!

That is nuts how crowded MK was!! It isn't even fun when it is that crowded.

Looking forward to your 4th of July day.

Wow! Another awesome day! How great you met up with Tim, Lesley and kids again. It looks like you all get along so well! It's always fun when you vacation at the same time as someone else....it's great to see famliar faces and enjoy some time together.

What did Bryan say about the R2D2 incident?

How fantastic that it worked out about R2D2!! I'm so glad you asked to speak with the manager!

Looks like another awesome day/evening! The CM pictures are so cute annd the boat pictures are gorgeous!

Looking forward to 4th of July!!

Trying to remember everything I wrote and wanted to say!

How cool that your room was ready so early in the morning!! Definitely had some pixie dust going there. :thumbsup2

I'm glad you were able to get the R2D2 for the sale price. :goodvibes

Those crowds are scaring looking! Sounds like a wonderful evening hanging out with friends. :goodvibes

so glad the cm worked out the deal on the R2 D2. Great mom to do all you could, we mom's understand that.:thumbsup2

You're really making me want to stay at the boardwalk. Send us pixie dust that we'll be able to get it for Dec...I'm calling every other week.:rotfl:

My hubby would sympathize with Bryan and all the "watch out honey" "Be careful". After our little car bump up, I am completely driving him crazy with that.

Lovin the TR, Have a wonderful time in Aruba!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter