Our 15 day summer adventure to WDW! NEW TR LINK 11/6 pg. 49!!

What a great ending to an even more awesome trip report!!! :dance3: Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into the report. I know how hard these are to do. :worship::surfweb:

BTW, I'm with Bryan on the beer stein...love those things they are so intricate! I always tell my DH that I want one but they are way too expensive! :laughing:

Sorry :sad2: to hear about your cruddy plane ride back home. Yikes! :scared1:

Will you be doing a TR for your upcoming trip? The boys will NEVER expect that one!

Till then!....popcorn::

The ending is always so sad, but at least your next visit is coming FAST!
Great you had your last day with Tim and Lesley. Teppan Edo is one of our favorites. We'll be calling Thurs morning bright and early to try to get our dining for Dec.
I'm also still calling to see if we have any chance of getting a different resort. Send any pixie dust you may have;).
Too funny about the beer stein, I stretched my birthday card as far as I could, pins, earrings, a shirt and since it was flower and garden I got a little Mickey gnome rain gauge. Most men just want to buy and go though right?:rotfl:

Loved reading along. Thanks so much for sharing! So is there going to be a pretrippie for Oct. How did you get bay lake? :thumbsup2

It's always sad to say goodbye at the end of the trip but how exciting you are going back in 2 months! We truly enjoyed your TR and look forward to the next.

Oh, I'm so sad it's over but what a great report! That last day looked great. We've never eaten at Teppan Edo, looks really good, glad the kids enjoyed it.
So sorry about the airplane ride, yuck. Can't wait for all the details about BLT and the fall trip! I'm so excited for you! have a great start to the school year and enjoy the new job. Great job on the trip report. I'll be waiting for the next one! Thanks for sharing Aruba with us too!

Great trip report Diane ... I really enjoyed it. Aruba looks like an awesome vacation, too. I didn't realize you were surprising the boys for your next trip. I give you alot of credit for keeping it a secret I am not very good at that.

I just finished your final post on the 5th, so funny that we both left the same day!!! I really enjoyed reading your TR too! I am sorry to see it end, but can't wait to read the next one! We had fun surprising our kids, and we are doing it again, in TWO weeks! Can't wait for you to start your new PTR/TR and hope school has started off well! :goodvibes

Loved the last update! I can't believe that you all are still smiling on the way back to the airport. I just can't do that, it's pout city all the way back for me.

Your lunch with Tim, Lesley, Luke and Lauren looked like a great time and it's nice to fill a table in Teppan Edo!

I can't wait to hear about the boy's reaction to the MNSSHP trip coming up so fast! We must be the only ones not doing a fall trip this year. Oh well, I'll try to stop pouting about it.
All I can say is that you are soooo lucky Diane!

Thanks Anita! I am SO EXCITED to surprise the boys too! They will be thrilled that their grandmothers are coming too!! You are right, I do feel lucky and blessed!!

I don't think it matters how long our vacations in Disney are, we are never really ready to come home, I got a tear as I was reading about your wonderful last day:sad2:

Lunch with the TimandLesley crew....you sure have found some great new friends to vacation with:banana:

I agree...$75....think what we would have bought:rotfl2:

I am so excited that you're surprising the boys...and selfishly, it means we get to look forward to another great report from you:cool1: We weren't home a week and Jasmine said that she wants to go next summer even though I had previously said no way. She brought to my attention that was ALL she wanted for graduation....her birthday is next month so she's got it all figured out..she's going to pay half, ask for money for birthday, Christmas and Grad...and she'll be all set. Really, how can I argue with that logic:rotfl2:

Thanks so much! I can't argue with your daughters logic either!!!!

Oh man!! Looks like you had so much fun!! Do you have a PTR for the surprise trip?? What will your dates be? That is so awesome!! Your boys are pretty lucky!! I hope I can take my son as often as you guys get to go!! Thats so cool!

Thanks! I won't do a PTR for our surprise trip but I will do a TR!!

Great ending to a great trip! Looking forward to reading out you upcoming trip to BLT and MNSSHP!! :)

Thanks so much!

What a great end to a wonderful trip!! I cant wait to read about your suprise trip, how exciting for the boys!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful family vacation with us.

Melissa

Thanks Melissa!

What a great last day you had :thumbsup2

Looks like you all had such a good last meal together.

SO nice you found lifelong friends to experience Disney with :goodvibes

So, when are you telling the boys about the surprise trip and how are you telling them? popcorn::

Thanks Kelly! I haven't figured out any of the details yet about the surprise!

Sniff. Sniff. :sad1: Diane, I am so sad that your TR is over. You will be doing one for your fall trip, right?

What a wonderful last day -- we love Teppan Edo, and how nice that you were able to experience it with Tim, Lesley, Luke, and Lauren. What a great time you had with them all through your trip! Are you all staying at AKV next summer?

I am with you -- I would have bought something other than a beer stein, but like you said, it was Bryan's birthday money. :laughing:

Too bad about the flight home! It's bad enough leaving Disney, there shouldn't be problems getting home on top of that!

Thanks Jackie! I will do a TR for our fall trip but not a PTR, I am very overwhelmed with school and the boys activities right now!

Awwww, so sorry to see your trip report end, but excited to read your BLT/MNSSHP trip report!! How are you planning to surprise the boys?

Did I somehow miss the bear lady story? Or are you going to let Tim tell that?

Have fun planning your trip!!:goodvibes

Thanks Sunnie! Yes, Tim will finish up the bear lady story!

Sad your report is over... it was such a fun trip to read all about. Excited to hear about the fall one, it will be here so soon.

What were your thoughts in the Boardwalk... would you stay there again?

Thanks Laura! I LOVED the Boardwalk but didn't think it was as peaceful as SSR but the location CAN'T be beat, I don't think I would ever get a boardwalk view again, it was nice once but can be noisy and the points are OUTRAGEOUS!

Wonderful ending to your trip. It's always so sad to say goodbye, at least you know you're going back soon. I hope Bryan enjoyed his birthday. Has he used his stein yet?

Thanks! He has used his stein, several times!

What a great way to end your trip. The meal looked wonderful and a lot of fun.

Your fall trip will be here before you know it!!

Thanks so much!

Awesome TR!!!! I'm so envious that you got to spend that much time in Disney :love:

Can't wait to read the next TR! I'm hoping we can get back to Disney next year sometime!

Thanks! It was wonderful to have alot of time to fit everything in that we wanted to do without exhausting ourselves!

Hi Diane,
Sad reading about your last day in Disney. Great Epcot and BWI pics. Teppan Edo looks great, I made a ressie for there. I'm sure it has to better shared with friends. The picture of Bryan with the cake is funny, he looks embarrassed :). Sorry about your horrible flight home.

Well I can't believe you finished your TR already :sad2:. Happy that you only have 2 months until you go back. Your boys are going to be so thrilled. I know you will love MNSSHP, so fun! BLT looks awesome! I want to stay there sometime for sure. Let me know if you start a pretrip. As always I enjoyed reading all about your trip, thanks for sharing with all of us.

Nichole

Thanks Nichole! I hope all is going well with you! You will LOVE Teppan Edo! I am so excited about our fall trip and MNNSHP...can't wait to surprise the boys!

Just caught up with this TR sounds like you had a great trip. Your photos are great.

Thanks for posting. :)

Thanks so much!

Loved your reviews. Can't wait for the next installment! Good Luck w/ the Surprise. We surprised DD last year and it's my favorite memory of all. I watch that video over and over and still cry. I'm planning a surprise trip for my family in April. DH doesn't even know!

Good Luck have fun. Can't wait to read all about it and see some great pics of those cute boys of yours.

Thanks! How fun a surprise trip even for your DH, awesome!!

Awesome report Diane!! Thanks so much for sharing! I enjoyed every minute of it!!! So loving forward to your next report!!! Enjoy BLT and MNSSHP... We'll be there in 13 days!!! :cool1:

Thanks so much! WOW your trip is so close! Have a GREAT time!

What a great ending to an even more awesome trip report!!! :dance3: Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into the report. I know how hard these are to do. :worship::surfweb:

BTW, I'm with Bryan on the beer stein...love those things they are so intricate! I always tell my DH that I want one but they are way too expensive! :laughing:

Sorry :sad2: to hear about your cruddy plane ride back home. Yikes! :scared1:

Will you be doing a TR for your upcoming trip? The boys will NEVER expect that one!

Till then!....popcorn::

Thanks! I will do a TR for our fall trip! Too funny about the beer stein!

The ending is always so sad, but at least your next visit is coming FAST!
Great you had your last day with Tim and Lesley. Teppan Edo is one of our favorites. We'll be calling Thurs morning bright and early to try to get our dining for Dec.
I'm also still calling to see if we have any chance of getting a different resort. Send any pixie dust you may have;).
Too funny about the beer stein, I stretched my birthday card as far as I could, pins, earrings, a shirt and since it was flower and garden I got a little Mickey gnome rain gauge. Most men just want to buy and go though right?:rotfl:

Loved reading along. Thanks so much for sharing! So is there going to be a pretrippie for Oct. How did you get bay lake? :thumbsup2

Thanks Julie! I am sending pixie dust your way for a new resort!! I was on the waitlist for BLT and it came through while we were at Disney over the summer! I was shocked!

It's always sad to say goodbye at the end of the trip but how exciting you are going back in 2 months! We truly enjoyed your TR and look forward to the next.

Thanks so much!

Great trip report Diane ... I really enjoyed it. Aruba looks like an awesome vacation, too. I didn't realize you were surprising the boys for your next trip. I give you alot of credit for keeping it a secret I am not very good at that.

Thanks so much! I am usually not good at keeping secrets either, so far so good though!

Oh, I'm so sad it's over but what a great report! That last day looked great. We've never eaten at Teppan Edo, looks really good, glad the kids enjoyed it.
So sorry about the airplane ride, yuck. Can't wait for all the details about BLT and the fall trip! I'm so excited for you! have a great start to the school year and enjoy the new job. Great job on the trip report. I'll be waiting for the next one! Thanks for sharing Aruba with us too!

Thanks! The airplane ride home was BAD! Thanks so much for all of your sweet comments and for following along!

I just finished your final post on the 5th, so funny that we both left the same day!!! I really enjoyed reading your TR too! I am sorry to see it end, but can't wait to read the next one! We had fun surprising our kids, and we are doing it again, in TWO weeks! Can't wait for you to start your new PTR/TR and hope school has started off well! :goodvibes

WOW! Your going back again...LUCKY!!

Great trip report, thanks for the fun read.

Thanks and you are welcome!!

I totally understand about no Pretrip report... but perhaps a :plan" so we can follow along from home!

Thanks for sharing your report, it was great. Sorry to hear about your bad flight home, I hate to fly.

Hi everyone!! I hope everyone is doing well and settling into the fall and back to school!! The first few weeks have been super duper stressful and hectic but we are FINALLY settling in!

I am VERY stressed about our upcoming trip because I have not been on the DIS much AT ALL and I feel very out of the loop! Our trip is from 10/31-11/5 very short compared to our 15 day summer adventure but hey, at least we are going!;) I am over the moon excited to surprise the boys and want to wait until the very last minute...any suggestions on how to surprise them? I have made appointments for them at the pirates league on the day of our MNSSHP party! I ordered Jack Sparrow pirate costumes for them on ebay. I got a GREAT deal they were $15 each! We are eating at Chef Mickey's for Eric's birthday for breakfast (it is his FAVE) right now we have 2 ressies for dinner, one at Chef's De France and one at Teppan Edo. The Teppan Edo one is late though, 8:20 pm but he ALWAYS says that is his new FAVE!!! What do think, should I just go at 8:20 and keep trying for earlier or just do Chef's De France? We are doing regular dining! Also, should I order a cake for him? What design, what kind?

Also, any suggestions for costumes for Bryan and I? My mom and Bryan's mom are coming too. The boys will be so happy their grandmothers are coming!

To top it off we are staying at BLT! Soooooooooo excited to stay there and our moms are staying there too!

OK Dissers put your thinking caps on and keep those suggestions coming!!! Thanks so much!!!:goodvibes:cool1::thumbsup2

Diane:flower3:

So excited for you. I think you can keep your Teppan Edo reservation and just try hard to check in early... we had a lot of luck with that this summer, so I would give it a try... it never hurts.

We did not order a cake when we were there for a birthday... Hannah got special desserts almost every time. Check the cake thread if you want to see the newest and best.. there are always awesome choices there.

As for the costumes when we did the party there were tons of people in costumes... but it was unbelievably warm... crazy hot, so there were miserable people who were overdressed. We did not dress up... but I wanted to warn you of the possible too hot weather.

Could you possibly do a scavenger hunt to surprise them about the trip?

I would keep the 8:20 ressie like PP said and try in check in early. It can't hurt :goodvibes

It was pretty warm when we were there last year.

Why not get yourself Minnie Ears and a cute Halloween top to wear.

Bryan could get one of those fun halloween shirts they normally have at Target and maybe a set of goofy ears:goodvibes

I think u will be happier not in costumes :goodvibes

Not sure what time you guys are leaving.. but one of our favorite surprise moments was bursting into the kids' rooms at 5 am saying "GET UP!!! GET UP!!! LET'S GO TO DISNEY WORLD!!!" They were a bit panicked at first, but completely elated that we literally got dressed, got in the car, and went to the airport. There was no anticipation and waiting waiting waiting to go.. we just went!! (Not to mention, it required NO preplanning or making anything.. which is so hard to do in the middle of the school year!)

So happy for you guys!! Can't wait to hear how you surprise those adorable boys!!

Hiya Diane!!!

Well, regarding the dinner reservations, yeah, I agree, try to check in early?? That might be the best bet -- it is a little late, but times might open up earlier...

With the MNSSHP I would say to get the funny Halloween Tshirts and a hat or something -- I have been reading a LOT of posts on the MNSSHP Thread (have you seen that one? There is a great first page with a lot of details) commenting on the heat and costumes... I am making T shirt for my guys, and I thought I would let them pick a silly hat when we are there... The shirts at Target are GREAT for $5.00...

As far as the surprise, well we did a full blown "surprise" with DS's following a trail of string throughout the house which led to a big box of balloons with the "invitation" to Disney World... IT was fun, they were surprised, I think they were!, and we had fun too.... but you know I invested SOOOOOOOO much energy into that decision and planning for the surprise... Next Saturday, when we leave for our mini fall trip, we are going to pack them into the car, and go to the airport. When they ask us where we are going, we are going to tell them. I am curious what they will say.. :laughing: I think the impact will be the same, frankly... speechless! I will let you know how it works out!

RE Cake, oh I have seen so many great Disney cakes, and they seem pretty reasonable all considering.. I'd do one! :thumbsup2

Hi Diane,
You must so excited to be staying at BLT!! I know my kids would be thrilled to stay there too. I think you if you do decide to order a cake you have options. I read on the cake thread that the CR bakery has been excellent lately, so just call the hotline. You can have it brought to the room if you don't want to have it at breakfast. Or you can bring back to the room after breakfast :goodvibes. Any ideas what kind of cake you want to order? You don't want Piarte surprise cakes right?? Not sure about ordering cakes at Epcot restaurants, have read mixed reviews. If it were me I would just have it brought up to the room as a surprise. As far the surprise, I'm clueless since I'm bad at surprises :laughing:. Maybe do a Mickey enchanted call :idea:. Of I have to tell you I just upgraded to BWI for our Anniversary trip :dance3: It was either there or Yacht Club left. I haven't told Tommy yet but I'm sure I will not be able to keep that a secret.

HI!! Are you going to MNSSHP on Halloween? Thats so cool!! I just read that they are already sold out for that night!! Insane!!

And when is Eric's birthday? Thats so exciting!! My son's birthday is the day after your last day (11/6!) so their birthdays are close!!

I love that you are surprising the boys!! Maybe you could just wake them up and say you want to have some "family time" or something and just go to the airport and wait for them to figure it out by themselves? Do you think they would guess at the airport? Because once they saw Orlando at the gate, they would just be ecstatic!! I can't wait to hear how you pull it off!

Oh and I just went to MNSSHP on the 15th! It was great. Not too many people were dressed up, because it was so hot. I did a lot of people who just brought a change of clothes as well. My son and I had Halloween shirts that I made. Someone on the Disigns board made some cute things and I ironed them on! I just started my tr and that was on our last night, but if you wanna check it out, it should be there fairly quickly!

Can't wait to see pics of the boys as Jack Sparrows ... they will be so cute.

Do they already know about the costumes ? Maybe you could make up a halloween goodie bag with the costume and other Halloween/Disney stuff with a little note about the MNSSHP.

If Eric loves Teppan Edo I would keep the late reservation plus that is a great place for a birthday dinner. We just had a 16th birthday dinner for my son at a Japanese steakhouse and it was alot of fun.

For costume suggestions, the year we went for MNSSHP I wanted to be comfortable so I just wore a Halloween shirt from Old Navy. My mom went as Minnie Mouse. She wore a red shirt, black shorts, Minnie ears, colored her nose black and drew wiskers on her face. Also she wore little white gloves. It was really cute and she was still comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter