OT: Same Day Tix for Broadway

SalandJeff

Disney Addict x 3
Has anyone ever gone to the place in NY where you can get same day Broadway tickets for less money?

Where is it and how does it work? Are there always tickets available? For all shows or just a few? Are they 1/2 price? Are the seats any good?

Any tips would be appreciated! :goodvibes

We did it quite some time ago but I think it's still there. It's right at Times Square. I don't think you will know what's available until you get there. And I know that while we were standing in line, other shows appeared on the board so they must add them at different times. I would imagine that the very popular shows won't be available but maybe you will get lucky. We saw four or five shows during that trip but this was the only one where we got tickets half price.

there's also the TKTS booth at the SouthStreet Seaport (on John Street -- a little hidden though) that's like the booth at the Marriott (Times Square) but the tickets go on sale earlier in the day and also the matinee tickets go on sale the day before. Just so you know the tickets usually don't come in at 50% -- some are 50% some as low as a 25% discount. Usually the seats are somewhat on side or back.. may be slightly obstructed -- they're what's left over actually. You might also want to look into "rush" tickets that go on sale the day of show that depending on show may run around $25 each.. there's also lottery tickets (know that Spelling Bee, Drowsy Chaperone, Chorus Line, Hairspray and Wicked offer these tickets -- you get front 2 rows (don't get choice of seats.. they go in row when you line up) where you put your name in for a drawing of these 'covetted <and cheap> seats... Usually it's cash only and 2 ticket max per person. It's luck of draw but on 3 times our family has been very lucky and has seen Wicked (in August), Spelling Bee (cute show), Hairspray (we all saw it day after Thanksgiving.. front row dead center) and Chorus Line and Drowsy Chaperone (March) this past year.
Good luck. It's a way of our family getting to enjoy what NYC has to offer while watching the wallet. Now my DD (age 11) watches to see what new shows will be offering lottery. Luckily we have a place to stay in NYC cheap (camping out in Aunt's apt. in lower Manhattan).
Good Luck
Carolyh

lottery, go to the theaters and ask...
usually they become available between 2 and 3 hrs before show time... line up to put name into kitty and then the draw them about 1/2 hr later... sometimes a few people show up -- other times can be 50 or more.. depends on day and show... usually they offer between 20-40 seats.. all luck of draw. also some theaters offer same day standing room seats at around $25 per (and they have a marking on the back for a seat # so it's not a cattle push to get the best standing spot.. it's assigned (know they offer this or spamalot and some other shows... sometimes you need to call ticketmaster or if you can the theater themselves to get all this info.
Carolyn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter