OT- Montreal questions

Syrreal

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>I just prefer havin
Hi Everyone,

I posted this on the Community boards and it was suggested that I ask you guys too since you might be able to give me more answers. :)

DH and I will be visiting Montreal in two weeks. We'll be staying by the Old Port in Old Montreal.

Anyone know of any good places to eat, interesting things to see. We'll be staying there for 4 days.

Also, this may sound a little weird, but do they have good hot-dog street vendors in Montreal? They have awesome ones in Vancouver.

TIA

You are coming to the right city for restaurants. Montreal is known for the not only the number of restaurants per-capita, but the diverse choices you have. Go to restomontreal.ca, and enjoy your choices of restaurants.

As for "things to see", you will definitely need to spend at least a day walking at the Old Port, it is very beautiful. Then, get in a cab, and ask the cabby to take you to the Tourist Office (I believe it is on University, but not quite sure. Just ask the cabby, he'll know it's location downtown) Take one of those double decker tour buses. It'll really show you Montreal.

As for street vendors, you'll find a few selling anything other than hotdogs. I believe that we banned that either due to health concerns, or tax issues, not quite sure, but sad to say that we do not have any. But hey, that's ok, we make up for up with hotdog joints pretty much every other corner. For the best dogs and fries in town, you'll have to go uptown a little to a place called Decarie HotDogs...again, ask a cabby or hop in the metro and get off at Cote-Vertu metro - ask around once you surface as to the actual location; it's a 2-3 minute walk.

Hope this helps, and if you have any further questions, let me know

Toro

Thanks Toro :) I appreciate the info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter