OT How Would You Handle this?

My ds is VERY social and was talking with the parents and their son many times during the day.I started trying to keep ds away from the parents.I really do not want ds talkiing to them at all, especially because they are so critical of him and ds being 10 does not see they are being unkind.I have no idea how I would even go about doing that except tell him he can no longer speak to them but that seems extreme.Just not sure how to deal with this.

It's possible that they just do not realize how much 10year olds can talk. I would say something to the den leader. If you son has been in the troop for 3 years they know your child already so they can say something to the parents.

If there was another child in the class that was causing issues but since moved it is also possible that they have your son confused with the child that left.

Denise in MI

The mom told my child to stop asking so many questions,told him he was the reason their son was not eating dinner.It was many small things that on there own no big deal but over seven hours on what is suppose to be a family fun weekend NOT fun.I did not witness everything that day I'm sure but I have known the other parents for three years and never had even one small issue with parents or their children.

She is bullying him. And it sounds like her talking to the other parents is trying to enlist them into her bullying, which validates her Queen Bee behavior. She sounds toxic.

I would talk to the den leader - because talking poorly about another child to the other parents is not acceptable behavior, then depending on how that goes, tell her that if she has a problem with your child she needs to talk to you directly about it and not your son. Raising your child isn't her responsibility.

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great advice.I have spoken to the den leader and since the meetings are small and in her home I know things will be handled well.If at the troop halloween party there are still issues I will firmly and politely tell her to address her concerns about my childs behavior to me and not ds OR the other parents.

I just wanted to thank everyone for all the great advice.I have spoken to the den leader and since the meetings are small and in her home I know things will be handled well.If at the troop halloween party there are still issues I will firmly and politely tell her to address her concerns about my childs behavior to me and not ds OR the other parents.

:thumbsup2 That's a good plan. Your ds should not be constantly badgered by these parents. If they protest when you address them, you can ask them why they feel the need to constantly correct your son. Like you said be firm but polite. Hope once they are made aware that THEIR behavior is unacceptable they will stop it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!