OT---FUN!! If you won the lottery, which resort would you LIVE at? :o)

ObsessedwiththeMouse

<font color=blue>Diehard <b>Packers</b> fan, <i>bu
Ok, this morning, my husband and I were talking about where we'd live if we won the lottery and I said "The POLYNESIAN!!" Just joking, of course....but my husband goes "well, sure, maybe for a little while"... :lmao:

If you won the lottery, would you live at a resort? Which one?

Well, maybe not live, but I will be moving closer to the Mouse (WDW) and staying a lot more at the Poly. Maybe even concierge this time:goodvibes

OKW. Definately the best resort to live in. Quiet and tropical. I love the Poly too but I would be too frustrated by the annoying tourists;) OKW gets less people traffic.:cloud9:

Yes! Thanks for letting me indulge in my favorite Disney dream! Let's see...Poly LVC, BC Concierge, finishing up at the Contemporary MK Atrium Club. I think I'll need about three weeks to visit. DH and DD may try to wrangle an AK stay, too. Oh, I guess we could plan that for the next trip!!! I'm going to buy a ticket!

I would move every 14 days and rotate between all mmoderate and deluxe resorts - that would be fun.......

I would stay a week at Poly, BC, YC, BWI, GF, and CR all of course would be concierge level.;)

Let's think about this. If I really won the lottery and I really moved to WDW, I would live at one of the vacation club resorts. I would want to live in a place with a kitchen and a washer and dryer. That being said, I think I would choose the villas at the Wilderness Lodge.

Let's think about this. If I really won the lottery and I really moved to WDW, I would live at one of the vacation club resorts. I would want to live in a place with a kitchen and a washer and dryer. That being said, I think I would choose the villas at the Wilderness Lodge.

Of course, if you won the lottery, you could use Disney's high price laundry service for your laundry and order room service whenever you want, so you wouldn't HAVE to have a kitchen or laundry facilities. But I would probably book one of the grand villas at BWV, just for the space. I think if you were living there, you'd get claustrophobic in anything less.

I would live at OKW, I like the set up of the larger rooms (1 bedroom/2bedroom) and parking so close.

Of course, my summer home would be VWL :goodvibes

Well, if the lottery was REALLY REALLY high, like in the multi-millions, I think I'd live at the Polynesian in one of those really big suites.

~Simon :)

I would live at the presidential suite at the BWI. Amenities galore and a great room . . . woo hoo. . .

How much did I win? can I live in the castle? My family calls it m Heidi's castle, so I think it would be appropriate. Ok if not then...In the presidential suite at AKL. I think that would be just about heaven.

I would "make do" and suffer through Conceirge at the Contemporary until the Contemporary Vacation Club is finished, then I would move into the biggest, highest one, with a balcony overlooking the MK, of course.

And drats, my numbers didn't come up last night.....

Let's see.... I'd have 2 homes there. One is at CR, MK view of course. The other would be at BC with an Epcot view. I'll just rotate between the 2.

No question, Villas at Wilderness Lodge (as long as our dogs could come too). We looooooove it there!

I've always said we would live on a cruise ship if we won the lottery, but if I had to choose a resort at WDW, I would choose the villas at Wilderness Lodge (with frequent trips on DCL of course).

I LOVE this question! We know what we would do because we talk about it all the time!!! :rotfl: We would buy ourselves a timeshare, buy a second house in Celebrations, then I would want to stay at every hotel on property to see which one was my favorite. Right now my favorite is the YC, I would want to stay there first. OH I WISH..........pixiedust:

We had this discussion over on the Canadian board when there was a lottery here in Canada that the grand prize was a million dollars a year for 25 years, TAX FREE! They called it -- Millionaire for Life.... And back then I did some figuring..

Ok. Let's say I wanted to 'live' at Disney hotels. How much would that cost.

Well.. not as much as I thought at first.

A high season rate for a tower room at Contemporary is 550$ ~ 1000 a night. So a year there would cost about $200,750 ~ $365,000

A high season rate for a basic room at the Grand Floridian is 720$ a night.. So a year there would cost about $262,800.

Of course.. there are more expensive rooms at both places.. these are just ball parks.

A million dollars would buy you 11,363 DVC points at 88$ a point.

It would take around 8400 points for the full year .. EACH YEAR.. in a studio thru 2054 at Saratoga Springs with about 3000 points left over each year for special occasion upgrades. Of course, I'm ignoring the pesky 5000 point ownership limit for the purposes of being 'fun'.

Of course I could cheap out and stay at a Value resort... at 131 a night it's a bargain at $47,815 a year.

Hmm.. The Disney Dining Plan is a bargain too. 39$ a day for a year is only $14,235 ... and I'd never have to buy groceries. Or stand in line at the market.

Ahhh.. to dream.

Of course, you could just buy a house in Orlando and that would be a much smarter investment. But what fun would that be.

J

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter