OT-Front load washing machine

jmcross

One way to get tagged is to have a tag sale :)
I just purchased a new front loader for the first time. It is ripping my clothes! Any idea what I could be doing wrong??

either you are over loading it, or something is getting caught somewhere.

Other than that I do not know.

I hope you figure it out!

I just purchased a new front loader for the first time. It is ripping my clothes! Any idea what I could be doing wrong??

OMG, it is doing the same thing to mine. I bought some new shirts not long after I purchased the machine so I thought it was the clothes, but all of our shirts are getting little holes in them. I have tried everything, I absolutely hate my front loader and everybody else loves theirs but if I could get rid of it and get the old fashioned kind, I would in a heart beat.

I have had the whirpool duets for 5 years and no problems.
Contact your manufacturer.

We have the LG and no problems at all here. I have never heard of this from anyone and I also think you should contact your manufacturer. They are probably the best ones to speak with. Maybe there is something defective with your machine.
Good luck

I got a HE Front Loader about a month ago and I love it - no problems with ripping clothes? :confused3

They are supposed to be more gentle than the regular washers?

I got a HE Front Loader about a month ago and I love it - no problems with ripping clothes? :confused3

They are supposed to be more gentle than the regular washers?

I don't know about being more gentle but they do get clothes cleaner.

OMG, it is doing the same thing to mine. I bought some new shirts not long after I purchased the machine so I thought it was the clothes, but all of our shirts are getting little holes in them. I have tried everything, I absolutely hate my front loader and everybody else loves theirs but if I could get rid of it and get the old fashioned kind, I would in a heart beat.

That's what's happening here. I should have said holes rather than rips. I put in a set of sheets made of t-shirt material and they came out with little holes. Then I saw that one of my son's cotton bibs also had holes from a different load. I don't notice that my clothes look any cleaner than before I purchased this washer. I really want to love it but I don't and with all the electronic computerized gadgets I'm just waiting for the thing to break.

That's what's happening here. I should have said holes rather than rips. I put in a set of sheets made of t-shirt material and they came out with little holes. Then I saw that one of my son's cotton bibs also had holes from a different load. I don't notice that my clothes look any cleaner than before I purchased this washer. I really want to love it but I don't and with all the electronic computerized gadgets I'm just waiting for the thing to break.

Who's the manufacturer? I just purchased a front loading washer/dryer combo!

Who's the manufacturer? I just purchased a front loading washer/dryer combo!

It is a Frigidaire. I researched this washer and it had high consumer reviews online as well as from Consumer Reports magazine.

I've had 2 Frigidaire front-loaders, and my Mom's had a different two or three, for at least 25-washer-years of experience. I've never had a problem with rips or holes in anything.

:confused3 I am so glad that someone is talking about this. I don't have a front loading washer but I noticed that I too have little holes in my shirts? I am hoping someone will reply that will be able to help us solve this mystery....:confused3

What else is going in with the clothes. I mean do you religiously sort your clothes? I didn't used to I figured I had too much laundry to bother sorting and i found if I put rougher material in with t shirts or lighter materials I would get holes. I do sometimes get holes in the cheap walmart clothes my I think that has more to do withthe quality rather than the washer. Don't have any advice but I think those who say call the manufacturer are right.

:confused3 I am so glad that someone is talking about this. I don't have a front loading washer but I noticed that I too have little holes in my shirts? I am hoping someone will reply that will be able to help us solve this mystery....:confused3

I would call my manufacturer immediately. We have the Kenmore Elite front washer and dryer and have never had a problem with holes or anything else.

Do the holes match up with the little holes on the drum (size-wise?)? My new set is a Frigidaire and I haven't had this happen (yet??).

Maybe if you decrease the spin speed for cotton loads it will help? Those things spin so fast it could be sucking the softer fabrics into those little holes...

Do the holes match up with the little holes on the drum (size-wise?)? My new set is a Frigidaire and I haven't had this happen (yet??).

Maybe if you decrease the spin speed for cotton loads it will help? Those things spin so fast it could be sucking the softer fabrics into those little holes...

That is a good point...

Do the holes match up with the little holes on the drum (size-wise?)?

The sheets had different sized holes and a grey stripe that was the same color as the gasket in the washer. Same with the bib. A couple of different sized holes with the grey around them.

Wow, that's bizarre! I've had a Frigidaire front loader for more than two years with no problems. It sounds like there's something sticking out inside the drum. Have you brushed your hand over everything inside? Maybe one of the bits that project out from the drum has a rough part that catches on the fabric?

I've had a front loader for about six years. Every once in awhile I've had that problem and have traced it to when I don't sort my clothing totally. If there is anything heavier in the load, it seems that it tends to take the lighter article of clothing and rip holes in it. The gray stripe on your clothes leads me to think that maybe the piece of clothing got caught in the door and when the washer spun it ripped it out and caused the rip and the mark? Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter