OT-anyone have a hybrid?

we have a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid!! i love it! :)never had a problem with it!i live in the city and no matter the traffic we save a ton of money! gas here is 3.oo+! we get about 50 miles to the gallon!

They cost more and the upgrade is a little more. but the cars are worth every bit! with fuel prices jumping up all over im glad we decided to purchase ours! But you do have to learn how to drive to keep the mileage at the perfect mark! :) lol no more lead foot here hhehe

The estinmated battery life is 7-8 years!

Amy

karinbelle said:
Has anyone checked out the VW diesels? I thought I saw on Edmund's that the Beetle, Jetta, and one other got about 50 mpg highway.

Dh had a deposit down on the Jetta, before he bought the Toyota, and decided that the fit was better and the gas milage on the Toyota.

They also now have a great extended warranty for the battery and all the hybrid parts.

magic kingdom park said:
[QUOTE=minnie1928]I'm seriously considering the 2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid and was wondering if anyone has had experience with hybrids (not necessarily this model)? What are the pros? What are the cons?

A friend of mine bought a camry hybrid in June she drove it about 3 weeks and check the fuel milage which is suppose to be 41 in town, she was only getting 25. The dealership did not want to help her at all with this, she finally went to the main Toyota office and they refunded her purchase, and she purchased a regular camry.[/QUOTE]

The engine needs a break in period. DH drives highway and started out with 29/30 mph, and is now at 41. If he would drive ummm... slower, he would probably get better milage. Your friend didn't give the car a chance.

DH's best friend owns a large automotive towing and repair service, thus, he works on our vehicles. When I started talking recently about a hybrid he said, "Oh boy, please don't". He explained they are much more difficult to work on so only his very best mechanic is allowed to touch hybrids and thats why a lot of garages won't work on them. Plus, towing them can cause damage so he always uses a flatbed. Both things can cause the cost of repairs to jump significantly. He made it clear to me that he hopes I look at a traditional vehicle that gets high fuel mileage instead. (Naturally, not until our 1999 and 2001 vehicles are costing too much to keep on the road.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter