OT: Anybody see the "New World" (Pocahontas movie)

shades

DIS Veteran
With Collen Farrell (sp?) and Christopher Bale. I rented it yesterday and it is longgg and slow and doesn't get good (IMO) until the last 30 min of the movie. The last 30 min made up for the rest of it though - when .....I'd better not say, just incase somebody plans on watching it.

By the way, I'm not a big movie watcher and didn't know who Christopher Base is until I googled him. He was the kid in the Empire of the Sun movie that was filmed back in the 80's. Great movie - 3hrs long and he must have been about 8-9yrs old when he had the leading role with John Malcovich.

Anyway, New World pretty much follows the cartoon version - but with more depth and more realistic scenes (Flit wasn't in the movie :guilty: and Meeko was in a cage in England). No grandmother willow, either and a few other are missing. But, if you like tear jerker movies this one will get you toward the end. :thumbsup2

If that's the one with John Rolfe, than my 3 year old daughter requests it practically every time she's at my moms. I have never seen it though. She actually reenacts scenes from Pocahontas and it's really cute, so I don't mind her watching either of the movies occassionally.

We rented it too and were very disappointed, but only because we were expecting something faster. Overall not a bad movie, but I personally couldn't reccomend it. Yes, it was peaceful and beautiful. One can't deny that. I tend to prefer movies that move a little faster and honestly, that movie was way longer than it needed to be for as slow as it moved.

Littlemotherhaywood said:
We rented it too and were very disappointed, but only because we were expecting something faster. Overall not a bad movie, but I personally couldn't reccomend it. Yes, it was peaceful and beautiful. One can't deny that. I tend to prefer movies that move a little faster and honestly, that movie was way longer than it needed to be for as slow as it moved.

:thumbsup2 I agree! It was difficult to not fast foward through the movie to get to a good part. But - considering the way it was made - I would have missed too much and some of the lines spoken toward the end wouldn't have meant what they are intended to convey. So, for those who still plan on watching it - you need to watch it all of the way through or you'll miss some stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter