Osprey/Eagle

AEN

Mouseketeer
I am sure I am posting this in the wrong place. Sorry.

Anyway. What is happening to Osprey and Eagle golf courses? I was told when booking a tee time that they are baing sold.

Anybody have any information?

Four Seasons is building resort on that land. A golf course will likely remain. Not sure if it will be one of them or some new design.

I'll be playing Osprey on Sept. 2nd for the first and apparently last time. lol

I played Osprey a couple weeks ago, and this was what I was told on more than one occasion. In addition, Reedy Creek has also begun to de-annex parcels of land for homes to be built. Eagle pines will be closed for the resort, and it looks as though Osprey will become the course for the new resort. At least they kept the better of the two IMO. Enjoy your round and play well. Course was in great shape as usual when I was there...

DH played at Eagle Pines a few weeks ago. The pros there said that Eagle Pines will be closing in October. They also said that Osprey Ridge may not last more than 2-3 more years.

I think Osprey is nicer too. It has a good amount of protected land. I am sure a resort would wind nicely through the land, but for construction purposes, it is probably easier to build on Eagle and keep Osprey.

Other than the PGA tour courses (Palm/Magnolia), it seems like Disney is not doing well with the golf courses. LBV is old, so I can see them keeping that. The smaller one is probably not as desireable to build on, so I can see them keeping that for a while too.

I guess Disney would rather have us in the parks rather than on the courses. I hope they will coordinate some packages with other local courses though.

well all in all i think Disney is overdeveloping as it is. and the wooded areas around those golf courses are home to deer , wild turkey , and wild pigs. If they keep developing in these so called protected areas these guys will have no other place to go.

Four Seasons is building resort on that land. A golf course will likely remain. Not sure if it will be one of them or some new design.

According to the press releases on the Four Seasons deal, the resort will be built on the land where Eagle Pines is currently located. The Osprey Ridge golf course will be reworked and rebranded as a Four Seasons property. In my opinion, that rebranded golf course will probably not be available to Disney guests.

Other than the PGA tour courses (Palm/Magnolia), it seems like Disney is not doing well with the golf courses. LBV is old, so I can see them keeping that. The smaller one is probably not as desireable to build on, so I can see them keeping that for a while too.
Actually, the Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines courses are much more in demand than the Palm and Magnolia. That is evidenced by the current pricing for play. The highest pricing is for Osprey Ridge, then Eagle Pines, then Magnolia/Palm and finally LBV. Ove the last couple of years, the Magnolia and Palm have under gone some refurbishment where the grass on the greens was upgraded to new strains and the bunkers were reworked. LBV is currently closed for refurbishment and I assume it is getting the same treatment. By the way, LBV was built at roughly the same time as the Palm and Magnolia courses.

I'm not sure that the statement that Disney is not doing well with golf courses is necessarily factual. There are times when tee times are tough to get and they always seem full when we play them. I just think the property that has Osprey Ridge/Eagle Pines was the best property available for a development like the Four Seasons and money spoke.

Actually, the Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines courses are much more in demand than the Palm and Magnolia. That is evidenced by the current pricing for play. The highest pricing is for Osprey Ridge, then Eagle Pines, then Magnolia/Palm and finally LBV. Ove the last couple of years, the Magnolia and Palm have under gone some refurbishment where the grass on the greens was upgraded to new strains and the bunkers were reworked. LBV is currently closed for refurbishment and I assume it is getting the same treatment. By the way, LBV was built at roughly the same time as the Palm and Magnolia courses.

I'm not sure that the statement that Disney is not doing well with golf courses is necessarily factual. There are times when tee times are tough to get and they always seem full when we play them. I just think the property that has Osprey Ridge/Eagle Pines was the best property available for a development like the Four Seasons and money spoke.

Thanks for the information and thoughts. I just thought Palm/Magnolia was a draw due to the PGA Tour. At a minimum it has tour there. I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter