Orlando Smackdown: Dis vs. Uni. Ch.16 Japan Hates me, Just Hates me 7-13

I can't answer why Mony's in MI, but that's pretty much bc I can't fully explain why I am either :confused3 I missed the snow for years. . . in theory. In reality I'm over it at this point.

Yeah, nothing says "I love winter" like throwing ;your back out shoveling your car out that got plowed in.

How Stefan got his groove back? Is that just a play on words from "How Stella. . ." or am I missing another Nebo and crew joke?:confused3

No,nothing special about it, the Stella line popped into my head and Stefan was the closest thing to Stella i could come up with from my name. And no, I never saw it, nor do i care to.

That is very true, you can always plan a WDW trip. In fact that's the subject of my current PTR (shameless plug, I know ::yes::). Seriously though, I planned a trip (turned into a few) and then opportunities to actually take the trip came my way and looky here, I have 2 tickers:cool1:

There ya go,,, can't have too many tickers.

Mony, glad you made it safe and sound and that you have great weather. Could have gone the other way easily.

So you are contemplating visiting the Dark Side, huh? I still never made it there in all these years.

Have fun!

Nebo, hope you recover your muse soon, we miss you around here. Second cataract, that sucks! Hope you can have it taken care of.

You are correct, no muse isn't good muse, and bad muse travels fast but I think you just want me to amuse you again.

So after fighting the crowds this morning

I headed over to Coronado. Oh how I have forgotten how beautiful this resort is.

This will be my bed til Tim arrives.

Last night was a late night with Lynda and Noni and their husbands and Tim net up with us at Splitsville.

I was up 23 straight hours on 3 hours of sleep!

77 and blue skies! Can't get any nicer! It can but.....

I want to know where your room is at CSR, how did that work out for you?

Oh forgot to mention this.

This is for you my sweet Nebo.

The !
Brazilians are here! Scores of them!

In February? I thought it was July and January :confused3

We were at Coronado Springs last weekend. We got a great room in the Casitas section (building #3). It was our first stay there, and we really liked it! We did see some big groups in bright shirts :) There was also a big dance competition going on - lots of big groups of girls in the parks. It was a nice trip though. It's hard to imagine all the snow and cold going on in the world when it's so beautiful here. One of my friends posted pictures of her kids in the pool today :beach: Sorry, just had to rub it in a bit :rolleyes:

Totally random question...
I saw this story about this girl who got married... she looks like Ariel and her groom was dressed like Prince Eric... and their whole wedding was Disney themed.
http://www.themarysue.com/disney-ariel-wedding/#19
PLEASE tell me this girl is on the Dis Boards.. I REALLY want to read her Disneymoon trip report... and see more pics from her wedding... it's SO creative and adorable!
Anyone know her handle maybe?
Thanks!

T-Man,

Thanks for taking the time to post your old and new pics of WWoHP. The difference in the crowd is amazing, too. It is great to compare your pics to the ones posted on the link I posted. Uni sure is working fast on the park attractions and putting a lot of money into the improvements. Everything that you have shown looks authentic from what I remember when I read the books.

Nebo,

Good to see you - hope you are feeling better.

Sometimes I wonder why I live in this freezing place too -
14 degrees out as I write - should be single digits tonite.
My husband just said it should be above freezing temps out for the next few days - Yeah !

Someone's ready for their first ride on "Pirates of the Caribbean"!

20130208_134543-1.jpg

Yo-ho, yo-ho, the pirate's life for DD!! ;)

Sorry for the larger than life image, but hey, it's okay for cute babies and I am dog tired!

T-Man, your photos of Universal are terrific! I can't wait to take DH and the kids. Have you and Mrs. T enjoyed the Grinchmas decorations during the Christmas season? I'm trying to figure out when we might be able to go to Uni and I'm wondering about the Christmas season, like early to mid-December?

Monica, it looks like you are having a terrific time in the World! I am so happy for you!! :goodvibes

Nebo Brazilians play sports and its Luke a girls sports weekend over here! Oy!

We are in BLG 9 A Cabanas lake view. Missed a corner by one room! Snap!

So this is the view from outside our room.

969622DE-A71A-43B1-BF71-D8A3DBAC66FE-199-00000005ECCE4106_zpseb6097c5.jpg

Some room pics:

44723899-5C90-4DCB-AB23-8636A514B828-199-00000005FD1CF997_zps15686dc3.jpg

371DC5BB-8A77-4905-8D5C-ACEF58AD57DA-199-0000000609DFE5A6_zps50167352.jpg

Then I made a friend

B68E0E9C-1FF3-4FD9-A93F-54A9B0CF14F6-199-0000000643867597_zps3d3b59e2.jpg

I would have never noticed these with my kids around.

1C2B5022-70B5-4204-B549-1213363D714D-199-0000000706C1720F_zpsa320d7a9.jpg

Or maybe this
7579BDDD-06ED-4B23-AD32-24CDE04BC2C1-199-000000061FD567D2_zpsd0a95dc0.jpg

It said I love you Jesus

Heading to the Dark side as Marita puts it!

I spent plenty last night to not effect your 401, your welcome!

Brazilians play sports too! It's a girls sports weekend, soccer and field hockey from what I can tell. Then there was a bilingual education conference which looked really interesting to me, snap wish I could have attended that.

Nebo we got BLG 9 A Cabanas lake view. View from outside the door.

969622DE-A71A-43B1-BF71-D8A3DBAC66FE-199-00000005ECCE4106_zpseb6097c5.jpg

44723899-5C90-4DCB-AB23-8636A514B828-199-00000005FD1CF997_zps15686dc3.jpg

Saw this hanging by the pool

7579BDDD-06ED-4B23-AD32-24CDE04BC2C1-199-000000061FD567D2_zpsd0a95dc0.jpg

B68E0E9C-1FF3-4FD9-A93F-54A9B0CF14F6-199-0000000643867597_zps3d3b59e2.jpg

But would have missed this if we were with the kids
1C2B5022-70B5-4204-B549-1213363D714D-199-0000000706C1720F_zpsa320d7a9.jpg

Heading to the dark side as Marita puts it. That's ok I spent enough yesterday so your 401 is still safe!

Oh Buzz, Capn' Buzzette is the cutest pirate I've seen! She is adorable!

Mony...have a great time. Spend a lot at the Dark Side to help my 401k please. ;)

Jill in CO

Buzz,
Your daughter is so cute !

Jedijill,
How does the dark side help your 401 ?

Mony,
Your room and your view are beautiful.
Enjoy for me it was 6 degrees here last nite, but now (noon) it is 30 expected to reach about 40 today - heat wave !
Like your new friend and please no dark side today Marita is wanting a few more dollars in the 401 plan !
Is is odd to be at WDW without the kids ?

T-Man,

Thanks for taking the time to post your old and new pics of WWoHP. The difference in the crowd is amazing, too. It is great to compare your pics to the ones posted on the link I posted. Uni sure is working fast on the park attractions and putting a lot of money into the improvements. Everything that you have shown looks authentic from what I remember when I read the books.

Sure thing DVC. Glad Nebo let me post them. Yes, everything was real close to the movies. It was like being in the movie. I can hardly wait for the expansion.

T-Man, your photos of Universal are terrific! I can't wait to take DH and the kids. Have you and Mrs. T enjoyed the Grinchmas decorations during the Christmas season? I'm trying to figure out when we might be able to go to Uni and I'm wondering about the Christmas season, like early to mid-December?

My most recent pics are actually from the time frame you stated. We went to Orlando the first 2 weeks of December. Excellent time to go. Lines weren't bad and everything for Grinchmas was up as well. I believe I have a few pics of Dr.Seussland decorated. I'll post the link on our TR. I've used Nebo's enough already. I'm waiting for him to tell me "Hey Bunny Boy, start your own TR."

I also recommend seeing the Macy's parade over at the Uni side. If they still have it. I'm sure its a mini-version of the real thing, but it was still fun to see.

Buzz, your DD is just adorable!

Mony, glad you are having a good time. Love your view.

Meanwhile, I caved last night and said DD could get a puppy, she finally wore me down. So now I sit here waiting to see if they come home with one. Hopefully it will be for a short time as she is planning on moving out soon, but I will probably end up with lots of chewed up stuff and messes :headache::headache: Why oh why did I cave??

Thanks everyone for keeping this flowing,,,,and what a picture Buzz,,,,I'm going to go see if i can find my groove back.
groovy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter