Orlando Smackdown: Dis vs. Uni. Ch.16 Japan Hates me, Just Hates me 7-13

mike, I LOVE the beard!!!!!! it fits you!

ponz, your girls are so pretty! (must take after their mom;))

that walking tour sound real interesting. I'm tired of people rushing us through lines.. the new Mermaid ride? the queue has interesting things in it to look at, but everyone wants to rush to the ride.

ok, a funny (not so funny at the time) story about Jeremy and sky diving.

Jeremy was in college. and besides classes, very involved in activities. he was president of the college Programiing Board (kinda like student council), and vice president of the Theater arts Club. and at the time, he was in a play, with rehearsals all the time. hence, not much time to work.

well, silly me had cosigned on a loan for his car. (nebo and i were split at the time, and Nebo wisely turned Jeremy down on that one. he had cosigned for Todd, who faithfully made all his payments, so it was my turn. I got stuck with Jeremy's loan... sorry kid, but you don't read here anyway;))
so, with little time to work< I was pleased he was involved at school, and helping him with his payments, insurance, even buying him cigs from time to time. (hey! either I was the mom of the year, or up for child abuse charges! you decide.:rolleyes2)

so he calls me at work one sunday to tell me he is going skydiving that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he didn't want to tell me ahead of time to give me a chance to talk him out of it, and didn't want me to worry all week.

smart kid, I was tending bar and he KNEW I couldn't talk long on the phone.. oh, the sneakiness.

after I get over the shock, I say, "um, how much does this cost?" I think it was like $200 or something, "but, MOM! you get a free vidoe tape of your dive!"

"well, how are you paying for this?"

he proudly replies, " I've been saving up!" :furious: ooh! still ticks me off, excuse me, I have to go call him and yell at him again, it's only been 12 years or so. hmm, maybe he's on facebook, scuse me, gotta find my kid to yell at him.:rotfl:

ok, I'm on a roll. there was the time I won $100 on the shake a day at the bar. I had recently lost about 40 pounds, and planned on a shopping spree!

I came home and Jeremy was there, but not his car. I charge into his room.. "where's your car?"

"oh, mom, I'm SO screwed. I parked in a no parking area and it was towed, It'll cost $100 to get it out"

"do you have it?" (silly me)

(this wasn't the car I cosigned for. this was his previous car, which eventually was stolen from him in Chicago, and 3 weeks later the cops called and told him where they found it, and he and a buddy went into the city and stole it back but that's another story...)

now I should have just let him deal with the consequences. but every day the storage fees multiply exponentially. and without a car, he can't get to work, to make the money to pay the storage fees. so I stood there, throwing the cash on him in his bed yelling "FINE!!! go get you stupid car out of tow! Take the money I just won! I'll just go NAKED all summer!!!!"

the terrible twos are nothing.. It's the terrible 18s, 19s and 20s!!!!!:rotfl2:

(for all who don't know, jeremy is now married to his high school sweetie, has a good job, and 2 beautiful children. good thing I didnt' kill him)

mike, I LOVE the beard!!!!!! it fits you!

that walking tour sound real interesting. I'm tired of people rushing us through lines.. the new Mermaid ride? the queue has interesting things in it to look at, but everyone wants to rush to the ride.

ok, a funny (not so funny at the time) story about Jeremy and sky diving.

Jeremy was in college. and besides classes, very involved in activities. he was president of the college Programiing Board (kinda like student council), and vice president of the Theater arts Club. and at the time, he was in a play, with rehearsals all the time. hence, not much time to work.

well, silly me had cosigned on a loan for his car. (nebo and i were split at the time, and Nebo wisely turned Jeremy down on that one. he had cosigned for Todd, who faithfully made all his payments, so it was my turn. I got stuck with Jeremy's loan... sorry kid, but you don't read here anyway;))
so, with little time to work< I was pleased he was involved at school, and helping him with his payments, insurance, even buying him cigs from time to time. (hey! either I was the mom of the year, or up for child abuse charges! you decide.:rolleyes2)

so he calls me at work one sunday to tell me he is going skydiving that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he didn't want to tell me ahead of time to give me a chance to talk him out of it, and didn't want me to worry all week.

smart kid, I was tending bar and he KNEW I couldn't talk long on the phone.. oh, the sneakiness.

after I get over the shock, I say, "um, how much does this cost?" I think it was like $200 or something, "but, MOM! you get a free vidoe tape of your dive!"

"well, how are you paying for this?"

he proudly replies, " I've been saving up!" :furious: ooh! still ticks me off, excuse me, I have to go call him and yell at him again, it's only been 12 years or so. hmm, maybe he's on facebook, scuse me, gotta find my kid to yell at him.:rotfl:

OMG flashbacks:rotfl:, my mom does stuff like this to me and my brother all the time. It's a mom thing responsible for random phone calls about things that occurred eons ok. . . I can't WAIT to start doing this to some unsuspecting offspring later in life:rotfl2:

. Not to spoil the TR or anything, but that was a smart moving pawning off Nebo on us like that.

Hmmmmmm? Exactly how much is Nebo worth in pawn? And isn't there always a risk that (a) whomever pawned him never returns to reclaim him or (b) he is purchased by someone else at a bargain price? A conundrum of epic proportions.:confused:

monymony3471 said:
I just love a man in a beard!

I'm with you on that. I think he does it to tease me. Grows it for like 2-3 months and then its gone. I guess I shouldnt complain. I do tend to go back and forth with my hair length. But still...*stomps foot*

Thanks! :goodvibes And... yes.

ooohhh... close one.

he proudly replies, " I've been saving up!" :furious: ooh! still ticks me off,

:lmao: And yet... why do I see my future here?

excuse me, I have to go call him and yell at him again, it's only been 12 years or so. hmm, maybe he's on facebook, scuse me, gotta find my kid to yell at him.:rotfl:

A mother's prerogative. ::yes::

so I stood there, throwing the cash on him in his bed yelling "FINE!!! go get you stupid car out of tow! Take the money I just won! I'll just go NAKED all summer!!!!"

Wow. You and Ruby could be twins separated at birth.

Just sayin'

Where is everybody? Shopping for the SuperBowl?

A good super bowl would be an unbreakable one. That way you can use it outside on the patio and if it falls on the concrete or patio stones it won't break.

See? And you thought I wouldn't know what you were talking about.

Oh wow! DH would love it if we could go to Uni in the near future. Your list is pretty impressive! I bet DH has already read your comments and is already trying to figure out when we could squeeze in a Uni side trip. The key is staying on site and registering as a "Loew's First" member, right? I'm learning grasshopper, I'm learning! ;)

First thing to do is to go on the Loews website and joing the club,,,its' free,,,,,then whenever you do make a ressie at Uni,, make sure to mention you're a member,,,,no guarantees and it's probably easier to upgrade the two of us rathter than the 12 of you,,, but it's worth a try.

Not to quibble here, but if your ears saw it and thought it, well I need to run get a patent on you. ;)

]

I'm not Smidgy but I would say 2 days. 1 day per park and no hopper needed IMHO. Plenty of time to do everything (if you go during off or less busy season you will ride stuff multiple times plus leave early). We used to go during busy and hot July /August and still rode Hulk and Jurassic Park twice at least. We would also stay all day as we would stay on Disney property so not convienient to run back and forth. Plus Uni hours tend to be short like Animal Kingdom hours unless during busy season. I will say though, UT sometimes has the buy 2 days get 3rd day free and that is good to back and check out things you enjoyed.

to me,,, a Uni trip is a 3 night stay,,,,they encourage you to pool hope there,,,,need some time for that too. And Pat O'brian's at night.

I thought my computer was the only one that had the special "make it go awayie" button. :surfweb: I've been searching for the "make it come backey" button for years but have never found it... :confused3

Yeah,,, I'll believe the Control Z when I see it in action when I'm panicking.

BTMRR already has enough bones, you don't need to throw in another one. It's DC's queue that made you choose BTMRR over DC isn't it? How long did it take you to navigate through that maze?

Right on there,,, that line is a killer. I think the boarding area is actually inGeorgia.

Plus I'm starting to notice a pattern here. No love for the coasters that spin you upside down and inside out; and then leave you spinning and make your insides come out when you get off them.

I know,,,, I want violent speed,,, I want a lap bar,, not a shoulder harness,,,, I want to worry about flying out on a turn,,, not some lame loop turning me upside down when I'm so pinned in I can't move a muscle. You need to ride the Beast,, or get to Cedar Point.

Of course you have your opinions and I have mine. Mine may change when I get to be your age, but for right now; Give me Dragons over trains any day. :thumbsup2

Right again,,, my opinions change constantly.

Psssst - it's two keys together Ctrl+Z Really, try it sometime...

Actually there are two you should know Ctrl+Z is undo, Ctrl+Y is redo. If you Ctrl+z and it makes too much "go awayie" Ctrl+Y makes it "come bakey".

Here endeth the rant.

Ok,my friend,,, thanks.

Mike,,,,,forgot to mention,,,,,,yeah,,, that look is,,,, uh,,,
different.

Ok. Nebo was gracious enough to let me post some WWoHP pics. I'll post the comparison pics for now. Comparison pics will be from our first visit in October 2010 and our recent visit now in December 2012.

First a quick history of WWoHP. The WWoHP first opened in June 2010. We went approximately 4 months later in hopes the crowds would be down. Crowds in October were nothing like opening day in June, but there was still a lot of people. We went during Columbus Day weekend, so it was still a holiday weekend. We learned the 2 weeks after Thanksgiving is one of the better times to go to WDW and Uni. So essentially we picked a non-holiday time to go. What a difference 2 years and not going during a holiday makes from our first trip.

Entering the WWoHP October 2010.

December 2012. You can see the construction wall they put up to the right. Already starting the WWoHP expanision.

You can tell how many there was going to be just by approaching the entrance.

Next ones were taken at the queue of Fobidden Journey.

October 2010

December 2012. D'Sis (JagQT) and I just breezed right up the walkway.

October 2010. Took this picture as we finally got close to going inside FJ. Still a 30 minute from this point to actually get on the ride.

December 2012. This time we just walked right in.

This was the wait time for FJ in October. After we got off the ride, it had jumped to 60 minutes.

This was the wait time now in December.

These are the last pictures I found that we took, that I can make a comparison with.

October you can see lines on both sides of the Butterbeer Cart.

December, no wait at the Butterbeer cart. I was able to get Lady H and I one right away.

And last but not least.

In October, they added luggage props, close to closing time, by the wall.

This past trips, no luggage props (can see the wall in the background). We waited pretty close to closing time again, but they never did bring them out. No telling if they still do this or not.

This is all we have as far as comparison pics go. I'll post some more pics later so you can see the rest of WWoHP and more of the queue at FJ.

Thanks Nebo for allowing me to share WWoHP with your fans.

When I met Tim he had a full beard, he won't grow one cause his is all white. I like it, he doesn't. Sigh.

At least I get a goatee.

Nice pics all around T-Man. ::yes::

Where is everybody? Shopping for the SuperBowl?

I was at a wedding. Trying desperately to find the site of the festivities in a State park and trodding over fields and streams to finally get there. After some phone calls we finally found it.
There were signs? We never saw a single one! And we were not the only ones lost. Then the bride was 45 minuts late, ended up standing around all that time in the sun. Then there was the very long hike back to the car, I ended up taking my shoes off trodding through the grass in stocking feet.

If my daughter picks a site like that for her wedding I may have to do terrible things to her.

But the ceremony was nice and the bride was beautiful. In the end, that's all that counts.

And then, finally, the reception place and a restroom after 3 hours........

Uugggghh. I fell behind again. Sorry!

I'm enjoying the Disney vs. Universal comparisons. I can totally understand why Uni is whipping WDW in the ride department, but I am hoping that in the end you'll say that the intangibles tip the scales in favor of WDW. I don't wanna have to join the UNIBoards. :scared1:

I'll get on the bandwagon and say that the beard suits ya Mike. And thanks for all the Potter pics.

When I met Tim he had a full beard, he won't grow one cause his is all white. I like it, he doesn't. Sigh.

At least I get a goatee.

That's bravery right there folks. Most women wouldn't admit that they have a goatee.

At least I get a goatee.

OMG,,, she didn't just leave that line hanging out there did she?QUOTE]

I was at a wedding. Trying desperately to find the site of the festivities in a State park and trodding over fields and streams to finally get there. After some phone calls we finally found it.
There were signs? We never saw a single one! And we were not the only ones lost. Then the bride was 45 minuts late, ended up standing around all that time in the sun. Then there was the very long hike back to the car, I ended up taking my shoes off trodding through the grass in stocking feet.

You really s;houldn't do that in Florida,,, 4 reasons why,,,,Eastern Diamondbacks, Cottonmouths,,, Coral Snakes and Copperheads.. Geesh

If my daughter picks a site like that for her wedding I may have to do terrible things to her.

But the ceremony was nice and the bride was beautiful. In the end, that's all that counts.

And then, finally, the reception place and a restroom after 3 hours........

No, actually,,,
I think the restroom is all that matters!:rotfl:

Uugggghh. I fell behind again. Sorry!

I'm enjoying the Disney vs. Universal comparisons. I can totally understand why Uni is whipping WDW in the ride department, but I am hoping that in the end you'll say that the intangibles tip the scales in favor of WDW. I don't wanna have to join the UNIBoards. :scared1:

hey,, I'll tell you right now,,, individual ride battles aside,,,, Disney still wins in the long run,,,they still have something that nobody else can reproduce.

That's bravery right there folks. Most women wouldn't admit that they have a goatee.

THERE IT IS. I knew it was coming!:rotfl2:

Who doesn't love Santa Claus?

Or Rasputin, the Mad Monk!

Thanks for all the picts Mike,,, you have a great eye for detail,,,, well done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter