• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oregon to WDW Will Be Quite the Adventure~Going LIVE!!

Yay for the new report. I posted on here awhile back but for some weird reason I never get emails when you add new stuff. :/ But anyway super excited to read about this trip and see your pics as it has been SO long since we have gone. Our trip is next June and we have never gone in the summer so I am super nervous but excited. We have changed it several times as orig it was going to be Nov of 17 and now June of 16 and then hopefully mom and I are going to go back in Nov if it works out. We are hoping to have one of us buy an AP to use for the parking and dinning discounts this time and then depending on if we can get free dinning in Nov we will stay onsite and do the dinning plan otherwise we will do something else. We also orig were just going to do 4 days at DW and no Univ and then try to do a cruise but now we are thinking that the cruise could get pretty spendy and since this may be the last time the girls get to go and since we haven't been in 6 years we want to do it right. So we are doing our usual 2 days at MK 2 days at Epcot and then 1 at each HS and AK and then 3 days at Univ. We will be staying in our timeshare and then checking out and into a hotel over by universal. We also hope to do a day at DTD and a day at Typhoon Lagoon.

So exciting to see all your plans and can't wait to see and hear everything. That is awesome that you have your airfare and tickets. It's really coming together!!

Yay for the new report. I posted on here awhile back but for some weird reason I never get emails when you add new stuff. :/ But anyway super excited to read about this trip and see your pics as it has been SO long since we have gone. Our trip is next June and we have never gone in the summer so I am super nervous but excited. We have changed it several times as orig it was going to be Nov of 17 and now June of 16 and then hopefully mom and I are going to go back in Nov if it works out. We are hoping to have one of us buy an AP to use for the parking and dinning discounts this time and then depending on if we can get free dinning in Nov we will stay onsite and do the dinning plan otherwise we will do something else. We also orig were just going to do 4 days at DW and no Univ and then try to do a cruise but now we are thinking that the cruise could get pretty spendy and since this may be the last time the girls get to go and since we haven't been in 6 years we want to do it right. So we are doing our usual 2 days at MK 2 days at Epcot and then 1 at each HS and AK and then 3 days at Univ. We will be staying in our timeshare and then checking out and into a hotel over by universal. We also hope to do a day at DTD and a day at Typhoon Lagoon.

So exciting to see all your plans and can't wait to see and hear everything. That is awesome that you have your airfare and tickets. It's really coming together!!

I guess I missed the WDW trip being moved up to next summer!! YAY!! Sounds like you have a great plan.....so fingers crossed you will get to do this. The girls would have a blast doing WDW & Universal!!

Still have a long ways to go to have everything paid for but working hard at it. Still need to buy the twins tickets, the Memory Maker (Photopass+), pay off the resort and then add dining when Derek can add it. Not sure where this money is coming from, but we have too much invested now to not go. We will figure it out & it will be an epic trip!!!

Fun mail day today!!

The 6 adult tickets (8 day)......kinda weird to get these since they link them to your bands. I will take them, just in case there is an issue.

I also got 4 envelopes from the Magical Express......now for those experienced with this, you will be thinking.....it's pretty early to be getting those....and you'd be right. After I spoke with the agent, he decided to send them out early. He gave us a total of 16 tags because we will have a few suitcases with just medical & feeding supplies and they wanted to make sure everything was marked for their pick-up services. I'm not sure why he thought I needed them early, but that's ok.....one less thing I have to worry about as the trip nears.

It always makes me smile receiving Mickey Mail!!!

I love all the dining choices. There are several on your list that we haven't tried, but I want to.

Mickey Mail! That always is a fun day.

OH looky!! How much fun is that to get in the mailbox?! It's getting closer now. And tags, yes, a little early, but still, makes all so real!

OH looky!! How much fun is that to get in the mailbox?! It's getting closer now. And tags, yes, a little early, but still, makes all so real!

Mickey mail is mucho better than what usually shows up in my mailbox!

Last time, since Derek made the reservations......the tags went to Derek in Orlando. You have to wonder what the person doing that envelope thought....... "why does someone already here, need luggage tags & Magical Express".......lol So I would much rather have them show up here early, then not at all.

The stuff that shows up in my mailbox is usually nightmarish.

LOL! Yeah, I'd like some tags for "down the road" please. And as for early; is there such a thing? Really? Not a chance! I mean seriously, who orders Disney Park tix 2 years in advance? Ummm....:wave:

The stuff that shows up in my mailbox is usually nightmarish.

LOL! Yeah, I'd like some tags for "down the road" please. And as for early; is there such a thing? Really? Not a chance! I mean seriously, who orders Disney Park tix 2 years in advance? Ummm....:wave:

I got an email from WDW since I bought 6 of the 8 tickets, saying I need to do my Fastpass+ at the 30 day mark. I think I'll do that at the 60 day mark, thank you very much (which is still 65 days away)......lol

Last edited:
I fly into Fort Lauderdale on the 30th, board the ship the 1st, and will be on the ship until the 15th.

We did the Ohana dinner in January. It was so much fun. A ukulele player had us doing the hula, he called up anyone who's birthday it was. It was my birthday and I didn't want to go up. My grandson made me go but I told him I would only go if he came with me. It was mostly kids who went up, a few other adults. The ukulele player asked everyone their name and how old they were. So, when he got to me I said my name and I said I was 50ish. Well...my grandson yelled out my age and then the ukulele player said it for everyone to hear. Lol. While we were having dinner the fireworks were going off. They piped in the soundtrack.

We did the Ohana dinner in January. It was so much fun. A ukulele player had us doing the hula, he called up anyone who's birthday it was. It was my birthday and I didn't want to go up. My grandson made me go but I told him I would only go if he came with me. It was mostly kids who went up, a few other adults. The ukulele player asked everyone their name and how old they were. So, when he got to me I said my name and I said I was 50ish. Well...my grandson yelled out my age and then the ukulele player said it for everyone to hear. Lol. While we were having dinner the fireworks were going off. They piped in the soundtrack.

That sounds like a lot of fun....excited to experience it. Addy & "J" will have turned 10 a month before the trip.....so maybe they'll have to celebrate again.....lol

Hi Laurie,

Just popping back on as I haven’t been on areas other the the DCL area much. Trying to throw things together for my last minute vacation. Thinking about adding in one WDW day when we get off the ship- the ship comes in on the Saturday, and our flights are first thing on the Monday, so we do have the Sunday totally free. 1 day tickets are INSANE though! I’ve been thinking that we could grab a rental car, head to the DTD area, and was thinking about dong the DVC tour that day as I have read that you can get a $100 GC for doing it (and we have always been interested in the club and would like to see the units) which would help towards the cost of 1 day tickets, if we decided to go for it. DD would thrilled, that’s for sure. We wouldn’t be able to book FP+ ahead though.

I’ve snagged a couple of ADRs just in case…grabbed a BOG breakfast and also a Ohana at 8:00 (I think) although I doubt we will keep the Ohana- I just looked up the prices, and when you convert that to Canadian dollars, yikes!

Is J officially on the trip? That is such awesome news, so happy for you.

Your calendar is awesome! Any chance you can send me the file? We are 30 days away from our cruise and would love to surprise Maria with something like this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter