Orbitz users - hold my hand a bit

Hi all , I have a question. I keep reading about Orbitz promo codes. I am currently planning a trip to WDW with my SO. We need both a flight and WDW hotel room(likely POFQ). It seems promo codes only apply if I book the hotel separately from the flights? Then , when I do a mock book for a flight , it seems like I'm not actually saving anythng? I feel like I'm missing a piece? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Pretty sure most here book just resorts, maybe tickets, with Orbtiz. I know I always get my airfare directly with the airlines.

We fly only on Southwest. They do all their own booking, no other sources book for them, so we book directly with the airline. No promo codes needed with them either

Just to contribute to this thread, I was successful in booking through Orbitz this morning. Then added our kids to the reservation through a very efficient online chat with Orbitz, in which the rep provided the long Disney reservation number without me even having to ask.

The reservation immediately showed up in My Disney Experience (MDE) with the 6-digit alpha-numeric reservation number provided by Orbitz. I was able to quickly update our names within MDE and personalize Magic Bands, after replacing the Orbitz Chicago address with my own. [I wonder how many sets of gray Magic Bands Orbitz receives each month??]

To book Magical Express (ME), I called ME direct at 866-599-0951 -- I could not find anyway of booking ME online, either within MDE or elsewhere. But that phone number worked like a charm -- got a fantastically helpful and friendly Disney rep at Magical Express.

Thanks to everyone for sharing info on this thread.

I am only seeing the rack rate for some hotel rooms for Disney. CB is coming up at $187 a night then 15% off that. Is that right? I thought you would be able to get the Disney promo and then 15% off. Am I wrong?

Is Orbitz usually prompt then about posting discounted rates the same day they're made available to the public?

It seems to me that in the past it has taken Orbitz some time to get the new rates in place, like a day or part of a day. But they might have worked out their issues; I'd certainly start checking as soon as Disney releases the discounts for the general public.

Does anyone know if I book two rooms on Orbitz, will they share a reservation number? Or, would we get separate reservations numbers to link to our MDE accounts?

Thanks so much! This thread has already been a huge help. :)

You can sign up for the Magical Express by filling out the form on www.disneysmagicalexpress.com It's really simple and normally you will get your yellow tags in about 2 weeks after you sign up!

Thanks so much! Huge help! Now, if only I could decide what to do about our return trip ... (Whether or not to keep the 3 extra nights I booked on orbitz ).

Thank you , does anyone have any site in particular they use for good flight deals? Promo codes. Thanks again.
If you are flying from JFK, look at https://www.jetblue.com/plan-a-trip/ . JetBlue has nonstops from JFK to MCO, and they will give you the first checked bag free. They also have free DirecTV and other perks, as well as having competitive fares. If you look at https://www.jetblue.com/BestFareFin...parture=2015-04-13T21:55:00&fare=LOWEST/PRICE, you can check fares by date. JetBlue does not fly from my home airport, so I'm sorry I can't give you more info, but this is a good starting point for you.

When are you planning on flying? If you have a little time, the best fares normally are available when booking on Tuesdays/Wednesdays, with the weekends usually not the best time to book. You can probably sign up for email alerts of sales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter