• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Orbitz users - hold my hand a bit

Thanks Ange for the reply.

I would like to contact Disneyland Hotel to request x2 Queen instead of x1 King (obviously this can be done closer to May when we're going) - but how can this be done if I don't have a reservation # whereby they can look me up? Can they look me up via surname or something else?

Thanks!

Your requests need to be made through Orbitz. .

Right, since Orbitz is the TA in this case any room requests must be made by them, just as it would be if you used a traditional TA

Even if you did have your reservation linked to their system online you couldn't do the request yourself.

It's just a little quirk Disney has in regards to TA made reservations.

Right, since Orbitz is the TA in this case any room requests must be made by them, just as it would be if you used a traditional TA

Even if you did have your reservation linked to their system online you couldn't do the request yourself.

It's just a little quirk Disney has in regards to TA made reservations.

Great thanks Angi.

Ok, now to throw a spanner in the works. As you all are aware, Disney has finally released the date the the 60th Anniversary Celebrations will be unveiled as May 22nd. THE DAY WE LEAVE!

We've decided to stretch our trip by 1 more day just to say we were there for launch day. From what I gather, Orbitz reservations cannot be modified, only cancelled and re-booked, correct? Also need to add an extra park day.

Anyone had any issues doing this and how soon would the funds go back on our credit card? Reason being I think we'd need to wait for the refund on our card before putting another few thousand dollars on it.

Feeling nervous!

Edit: Just spoke to Orbitz customer service, and she said instead of cancelling the booking, do a new booking for 1 night. I asked what about the park hopper tickets because now we'd need a 5 day instead of a 4 day. She said those weren't refundable, so I would have to buy a single day for the last day. Is all that correct?

An update on this, I received this reply from Orbitz:

'Please know, I have contacted the property and they have advised it may take 24 to 48 hours for the second reservation to update in their system; however, once it does they can link the reservations so that you wouldn't have to check out and check back in, and hopefully be able to stay in the same room.

You can contact them over the weekend and speak with guest services for assistance in linking the reservations, or if you would like I can contact them on Monday.'

So hopefully we'll be all good!

An update on this, I received this reply from Orbitz: 'Please know, I have contacted the property and they have advised it may take 24 to 48 hours for the second reservation to update in their system; however, once it does they can link the reservations so that you wouldn't have to check out and check back in, and hopefully be able to stay in the same room. You can contact them over the weekend and speak with guest services for assistance in linking the reservations, or if you would like I can contact them on Monday.' So hopefully we'll be all good!

If you have 2 reservations with 2 reservation numbers you will have to visit the front desk and check out and check in - even if you booked direct. Most of the time you don't have to switch rooms, which is the big hassle.

Great thanks Angi.

Ok, now to throw a spanner in the works. As you all are aware, Disney has finally released the date the the 60th Anniversary Celebrations will be unveiled as May 22nd. THE DAY WE LEAVE!

We've decided to stretch our trip by 1 more day just to say we were there for launch day. From what I gather, Orbitz reservations cannot be modified, only cancelled and re-booked, correct? Also need to add an extra park day.

Anyone had any issues doing this and how soon would the funds go back on our credit card? Reason being I think we'd need to wait for the refund on our card before putting another few thousand dollars on it.

Feeling nervous!

Edit: Just spoke to Orbitz customer service, and she said instead of cancelling the booking, do a new booking for 1 night. I asked what about the park hopper tickets because now we'd need a 5 day instead of a 4 day. She said those weren't refundable, so I would have to buy a single day for the last day. Is all that correct?

Don't buy a separate one day pass. You should be able to add a day by taking your tickets to a DL ticket counter anytime after your first park day. People frequently report upgrading their Orbitz tickets to APs at DL, so adding a day should not be a problem. They apply the full ticket value, not the lower price that was paid to Orbitz, which will work in your favor. So you would only need to pay the difference between a 4-day hopper and a 5-day hopper, which will be way cheaper than buying a single day ticket.

Don't buy a separate one day pass. You should be able to add a day by taking your tickets to a DL ticket counter anytime after your first park day. People frequently report upgrading their Orbitz tickets to APs at DL, so adding a day should not be a problem. They apply the full ticket value, not the lower price that was paid to Orbitz, which will work in your favor. So you would only need to pay the difference between a 4-day hopper and a 5-day hopper, which will be way cheaper than buying a single day ticket.

Yep, thanks Mousekateers. I'm pretty sure you're right so we should be all good :)

I've finally booked! We're staying 8 nights at CBR in April and I'm happy with the extra 15% off from Orbitz and the buy 3 days get 5 days ticket deal.

Now I just have to call Orbitz to add my kids and get a long confirmation number. They suggest calling another day because of the snowstorm but I'm chomping at the bit to get FP+ taken care of...

I've finally booked! We're staying 8 nights at CBR in April and I'm happy with the extra 15% off from Orbitz and the buy 3 days get 5 days ticket deal.

Now I just have to call Orbitz to add my kids and get a long confirmation number. They suggest calling another day because of the snowstorm but I'm chomping at the bit to get FP+ taken care of...

I have the same situation today. I want to get my kids on the reservation but the phones are all tied up. Will the Northeast have a weekend without snow any time soon?

Did you get your kids linked and your fastpasses?

I have the same situation today. I want to get my kids on the reservation but the phones are all tied up. Will the Northeast have a weekend without snow any time soon?

Try using their online chat feature. When I called last year to add my son, the woman on the phone could barely speak English and kept repeating some scripted lines over and over. She said I'd have to cancel and rebook, paying the higher price for my son. After going in circles 10x and she had no idea about anything Disney, I finally hung up. I'm not usually like that but I just couldn't take it any more.
I figured someone who can handle the chat line would have a better grasp on English. She was wonderful and had it taken care of in a minute. I love online chat; it's usually a shorter wait than holding by phone. :thumbsup2

Second the online chat feature! Have your Hotel and Orbitz number ready along with names and ages of kids. Sometimes you will get a CS rep who reports Disney can't book 5 for the room-just ask that the Orbitz rep hangup and try again. We ran into this problem the (2nd) time I booked CBR (had to cancel first reservation and rebook for more days:)) We are doing a split stay and the Orbitz rep was able to get both resorts to add the kids in same chat. I then went into MDE and made sure the kids were assigned correctly. The Orbitz rep will be able to get you your Disney confirmation number.

Well, we are adding 1 more night to our stay in April which we rented DVC points. So for the first night I booked through Orbitz. I did the online chat with Mario to add our son and he was very slow to respond. It's was well over a minute after I pasted my long shpiel til I finally said Hello? Is anyone there? He finally agreed to try to add my son, put me on hold a bit and came back to say it was all done. I was not given a new res # from Disney that begins with a 4. I looked up my res on MDE with their hotel res. # and it was still just 2 adults. Sigh...
So now I'm chatting with Denis who is on hold with Disney. It must be a long wait time and I'm thinking maybe I should do this at around 9:30 pm when Disney is not so busy.

It's all good. The 2nd online chat rep did a great job and gave me my Disney res # beginning with a 4. I had already entered the hotel res # given to me by Orbitz at the time I booked. So just to see what would happen, I tried to link the new Disney res # beginning with a 4 and it said it linked but when I look at it, still the original shorter # is listed. Anyhoo. It's all taken care of. Entered our arriving ME info too.

I did get through to a wonderful Orbitz rep on the phone who took care of everything for me. I waited until the middle of a weekday, though.

Late reply, but...

I did eventually get them all linked. At first the rep said I would have to rebook but I explained the kids-free-with-Disney situation and she ended up calling the resort to get it squared away. I also managed to get my tickets, booked with Orbitz, linked up too.

Now, I haven't gotten my travel booklet and baggage tags from Disney yet, so maybe I'll call about that tomorrow.

Now, I haven't gotten my travel booklet and baggage tags from Disney yet, so maybe I'll call about that tomorrow.
We booked our trip through Orbitz but I used the Disney online website to book the Magical Express. We got our luggage tags yesterday for our April 15 -21st trip. We actually got two sets in two separate letters which arrived on the same day.

We booked our trip through Orbitz but I used the Disney online website to book the Magical Express. We got our luggage tags yesterday for our April 15 -21st trip. We actually got two sets in two separate letters which arrived on the same day.
Ah! Then I will definitely look in to this ASAP. Can I ask where on the website you booked? It's not immediately obvious to me where to do that.

Thanks!

Ah! Then I will definitely look in to this ASAP. Can I ask where on the website you booked? It's not immediately obvious to me where to do that.

Thanks!

You can sign up for the Magical Express by filling out the form on www.disneysmagicalexpress.com It's really simple and normally you will get your yellow tags in about 2 weeks after you sign up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter