Orbitz reservations and Room requests

hamilkm

DIS Veteran
I just booked a reservation through orbitz to get a better deal. If I would like to make a room request on that reservation do I call Disney or Orbitz? Thanks!

To my knowledge, you'll have to call Orbitz to make any sort of room requests. They are basically your "travel agent" since you made the reservation through them. I tried (once) to call Disney to bypass Orbitz and make a request, but I had no luck.

I just booked a reservation through orbitz to get a better deal. If I would like to make a room request on that reservation do I call Disney or Orbitz? Thanks!
You can still do online check-in with Disney and make your preferences known at that time as well. I did this for an orbitz booked trip last week. Requested landscape view and received it.

If you want to add or change people on your reservation you have to call orbitz or use the online feature. I had to do the "book the adults" then "call orbitz to add the kid" routine so we weren't over charged.

You can still do online check-in with Disney and make your preferences known at that time as well. I did this for an orbitz booked trip last week. Requested landscape view and received it.

If you want to add or change people on your reservation you have to call orbitz or use the online feature. I had to do the "book the adults" then "call orbitz to add the kid" routine so we weren't over charged.

Agreed. I've used Orbitz multiple times and never had any issues. I also kinda like paying for the hotel upfront, that way one part of the vacation is paid for. You should have gotten an email from Orbitz with the reservation code that works with Disney's system. Just log on MDE and link the reservation. You'll also be able to customize magic bands (make sure to update the shipping address for the magic band - the reservation technically has Orbitz's office as the address). And then from there, 60 days out, you'll be able to check-in online (make those requests as PP stated above) and start making FP+ reservations.

Enjoy your trip!!

When I booked through Orbitz, I faxed my request directly to the resort. I figured I wouldn't have luck on the phone since it was booked through a third party, and I didn't trust Orbitz to be the middleman.

It must have worked, because we got all of our requests for both rooms in our party.

We booked through Travelocity for our September 2015 stay at WDW, Port Orleans Riverside and saved about $1,000 for a weeklong stay. We requested two queen beds while making the booking and everything turned out ok. The only negative was that we did not get the free passes to Disney Quest like we got when we booked everything through DisneyParks.com. But we still got extra magic hours, use of our magic bands, linked bands to room and fastpasses, etc. The only thing that was different, was I had more cash than i would have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter