Orbitz and Disney reservations

The only issue is that I can't get the BOG fast pass site to accept or reservation #.

You can email Orbitz asking for the 12 digit Disney reservation number. Alternatively, you can log-in to Disney experience, and go to the check-in screen. Your 12 digit reservation number will be part of the URL (which you can see, depending on the browser, by hovering the mouse over the check-in button).

I emailed OrbitzTLCService@orbitz.com They got back to me in about a day, and then everything showed up correctly in MDE. You change the address on the shipping confirmation page for MBs. I think it makes you confirm before it will let you select a color. And then there is a place to edit if it isn't right. Then you pick your colors and they ship, just like if you had booked through Disney.

Yep! Was gonna say changing the mailing address is the only thing to REALLY remember! I just got back from AK/CBR trip. We saved 20% through Orbitz code on top of Disney discount, plus got 10% cashback through shopathome and then ebates 20% cashback on tickets I bought through orbitz as well. Even better part... I was able to buy my plane tickets through Delta back last winter through that CRAZY price glitch! LOL

Booked through orbitz yesterday with 2 adults called orbitz today added three kids.. Took all of 5 minutes and everything showed up in mde well worth the savings

So you can't purchase a dining package if you book through Orbitz? Not even from Disney?

So you can't purchase a dining package if you book through Orbitz? Not even from Disney?
No, it can't be done. A dining plan must be booked as part of a Package, which Orbitz does not sell. That's definitely something to factor into your decision.

Just returned from a stay at POR (two rooms) booked through Orbitz. Everything went perfectly, even got the buildings we requested. Also got MBs right on time, and didn't have any trouble making FPs in advance. They seem to have a good system in place.

Just make sure that if you have more than 2 people in the room, book it as two people, then call or email Orbitz to add the others. Otherwise it charges you more when it shouldn't.

I have a question, since you booked 2 rooms, did you ask for rooms near each other? How did you do that- by calling Disney,or Orbitz? And did you have to call orbitz about an address change for the MB's as I am reading?

I have a question, since you booked 2 rooms, did you ask for rooms near each other? How did you do that- by calling Disney,or Orbitz? And did you have to call orbitz about an address change for the MB's as I am reading?

No, you make the address changes on MDE yourself.

Once you book the room, and pay at Orbitz the rest is no different than booking a room with Disney directly.

You use MDE to customize/order your MB
You use MDE to make ADR/FP+
You use MDE to do online check in
You call Disney to ask for rooms near each other
All Orbitz does is take your money, as opposed to Disney.
All the rest is done with Disney in MDE

The only time you have to deal with Orbitz is if you have kids or more than 2 adults in the room.

we are at disney right now on an orbitz booking. No issues at all, saved some money over disneys standard promos. You also get orbucks back that you can use for future travel and you can save additional money by going through ebates to get to the orbitz site when you book your reservation

I just sent a fax with my requests to POR, since I had read that faxing was best for that particular resort. We got exactly what we asked for.

And the address change is in MDE, when you are customizing your MBs.

I'm a first time booker with Orbitz and so far so good. The confirmation also includes Disney's code for MDE, and we're all linked up! It was a little cheaper, plus since they must buy blocks of rooms, they have more availability at decent rates if you book too late after the discounts come out at Disney.

Yesterday I found an even better discount code, cancelled it, and got the 20% off (current code). It's nice to do this all online, although daunting to have two huge paid in full reservations on my credit card! I don't think you can modify a reservation exactly, but all Disney resorts seem to be free cancellation up to real close to your arrival date. Swan and Dolphin however charge all kinds of extra fees -- disappointing, they end up being much more than advertised.

So I may even cancel and change it again when the resident rates come out. The Orbitz credit card may be good to get too given your current credit situation (carrying too many balances impacts your credit score).

Aside from paying in full, the only problem I had was that they count kids as adults and charge you extra. You need to book the adults and then call and have them add the kids for free. DO NOT let them try to cancel the reservation, just ask them to call WDW and add the kids.

Do I have to buy the park tickets from orbitz when I book the room or can I get them from Disney at a later date? I want to be able to book fast passes thru MDE.

Do I have to buy the park tickets from orbitz when I book the room or can I get them from Disney at a later date? I want to be able to book fast passes thru MDE.

You can get your tickets from wherever you want and whenever you want.
Everything sold at Orbitz is al carte so if you don't want their tickets, no problem

This is my first time booking via Orbitz and while I looove saving money it's been kind of a hassle to get my room requests added. But...I wanted to report back that I after calling Disney, having them tell me to contact Orbitz, spending over an hour on the phone with the most clueless Orbitz employee ever, and having them call Disney wholesale, I just called Disney back and confirmed that the request made it to my reservation. :cheer2:

Even though I changed the address in MDE online from Orbitz's Chicago address in every place possible, when I called Disney the first time they still had the Chicago address listed in my reservation. I asked the CM on the phone to change it, which seems to have worked. Has anyone else run into that?

This is my first time booking via Orbitz and while I looove saving money it's been kind of a hassle to get my room requests added. But...I wanted to report back that I after calling Disney, having them tell me to contact Orbitz, spending over an hour on the phone with the most clueless Orbitz employee ever, and having them call Disney wholesale, I just called Disney back and confirmed that the request made it to my reservation. :cheer2:

Even though I changed the address in MDE online from Orbitz's Chicago address in every place possible, when I called Disney the first time they still had the Chicago address listed in my reservation. I asked the CM on the phone to change it, which seems to have worked. Has anyone else run into that?
No, once I changed the address in MDE and with the MB order that was all I had to change. My bands shipped as scheduled a few days ago

No, once I changed the address in MDE and with the MB order that was all I had to change. My bands shipped as scheduled a few days ago
Even though my bands came correctly to my house, my address was still wrong at the check-in desk. Weird.

Even though my bands came correctly to my house, my address was still wrong at the check-in desk. Weird.

Hmmm. Good to know your bands arrived safely. I am still waiting for mine to ship...not too patiently. ;)

Orbitz does offer to add park ticket packages. We aren't interested in the dining plan.

They might use that word, since you can buy both the tickets and the room through Orbitz. But it's not a package as far as Disney is concerned. Disney will consider those to be separate purchases.

You should have no issues linking an Orbitz reservation to DME and customizing/receiving magic bands. You can put in your request for DME service online. It works exactly like a room-only reservation made through Disney. FP+ bookable at 60 days out, assuming you have linked your tickets; ADR at 180+10, magic bands shipped to you (make sure you change the shipping address in MDX because it will default to Orbitz' corporate address.)

I booked through orbitz and when I just called Disney they said they still have orbitz address listed instead of mine.

Worse, They also have my husbands last name wrong but Disney said they couldn't correct it, I'd have to call orbitz. I'm scared Ortiz will cancel me out and lose all my fp reservations if I ask to make a change. Has anyone successfully made an adjustment to a reservation with orbitz, without having to cancel and rebook??

I also haven't gotten my magic bands yet, even though I did change that address from orbitz to mine. We arrive dec 12, and the Disney rep said that showed no problem., that they use the address on MDE.

Can anyone help?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter