Orbitz and Disney reservations

ttfn3

DIS Veteran
So I am really tempted to book through Orbitz. I found a room at the WL through Orbitz that is $429 savings in addition to the 30% off through Disney. It's almost too good to be true. Does anyone have any recent Orbitz/Disney experience? Besides having to pay for the room rate in full when booking, are there any other negatives to booking Disney room through Orbitz?

I booked my room through Orbitz and will be going this coming week. :cool1:
I have had no difficulty linking my reservation into MDE, using my FP for BOG, or any other snags thus far. And I saved some money. :flower3:

I just booked 5 days at the Poly and saved $601.25 vs. booking thru Disney. Linked to MDE . No problems at all. Well worth it to me paying in advance to save $600 bucks.

I also don't understand the fluctuations in prices on the Disney website. It is quite ridiculous.

I've used Orbitz for Disney resorts several times and never had a problem.

Enjoy!

When you book through Orbitz and link to MDE do you still get magic bands and the booklet with the coupons?

When you book through Orbitz and link to MDE do you still get magic bands and the booklet with the coupons?
Magic Bands- yes. But no coupons as it's not a Package.

I was completely satisfied with my Disney Orbitz experience. It was nice to save more money :)

I was completely satisfied with my Disney Orbitz experience. It was nice to save more money :)

I booked through Orbitz. Linking my room was a breeze and I was able to ling my tickets this morning. Will I be able to still book my FP+ 60 days out?

We used Orbitz to book our trip (less than 2 weeks away) and had no problem getting it into MDE or doing our FP+ @ 60 days. Found a discount code for Orbitz and got a price about 10% lax then the AP rate which was lower than the best discount through disney directly.

The only issue is that I can't get the BOG fast pass site to accept or reservation #.

Orbitz does offer to add park ticket packages. We aren't interested in the dining plan.

Anyone book hotel and tickets and receive the book?

Orbitz does offer to add park ticket packages. We aren't interested in the dining plan.

Anyone book hotel and tickets and receive the book?

I'm pretty sure you'd have to book that through Disney to get it. What Orbitz sells is a room and tickets, not a room/ticket package.

I'm another who used Orbitz and had no problems. It is a great deal provided you are prepared to pay in full at time of booking. That's really the only negative, provided you are not after a package including dining (either free or paid). Worth noting that while you do pay in full at the time you book you can still get a refund up till about 2 days before the trip (give or take the # of days)

Another advantage I found was Orbitz had rooms where Disney showed the Resort as sold out, even with rack rate. Not only did Orbitz have a room that I wanted, they had it at the promo rate and I could use the Orbitz promo and earn Orbitz bucks to use on a future reservation. I guess Disney must give blocks of rooms to Orbitz as opposed to them working with the same pool of rooms. No other reason I can think of for Orbitz to show rooms where Disney showed none. This was for several resorts, not just the one I was booking.

Just returned from a stay at POR (two rooms) booked through Orbitz. Everything went perfectly, even got the buildings we requested. Also got MBs right on time, and didn't have any trouble making FPs in advance. They seem to have a good system in place.

Just make sure that if you have more than 2 people in the room, book it as two people, then call or email Orbitz to add the others. Otherwise it charges you more when it shouldn't.

I'm pretty sure you'd have to book that through Disney to get it. What Orbitz sells is a room and tickets, not a room/ticket package.

I'm another who used Orbitz and had no problems. It is a great deal provided you are prepared to pay in full at time of booking. That's really the only negative, provided you are not after a package including dining (either free or paid). Worth noting that while you do pay in full at the time you book you can still get a refund up till about 2 days before the trip (give or take the # of days)

Another advantage I found was Orbitz had rooms where Disney showed the Resort as sold out, even with rack rate. Not only did Orbitz have a room that I wanted, they had it at the promo rate and I could use the Orbitz promo and earn Orbitz bucks to use on a future reservation. I guess Disney must give blocks of rooms to Orbitz as opposed to them working with the same pool of rooms. No other reason I can think of for Orbitz to show rooms where Disney showed none. This was for several resorts, not just the one I was booking.

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup2

Just returned from a stay at POR (two rooms) booked through Orbitz. Everything went perfectly, even got the buildings we requested. Also got MBs right on time, and didn't have any trouble making FPs in advance. They seem to have a good system in place.

Just make sure that if you have more than 2 people in the room, book it as two people, then call or email Orbitz to add the others. Otherwise it charges you more when it shouldn't.

Should point out here with mention of getting MB, the Orbitz reservations will have their corporate address on the reservation. Even if you have MDE with your address when Disney looks up the Orbitz reservation it shows their address. You will need to update it for MB shipment. And when I went to do the online check in I had to switch the address too. Seems I had to do it on the phone once also. Maybe when I booked ESPN club or ME, I can't remember now. I just recall the person on the phone telling me the address was different when I went to confirm it.

Should point out here with mention of getting MB, the Orbitz reservations will have their corporate address on the reservation. Even if you have MDE with your address when Disney looks up the Orbitz reservation it shows their address. You will need to update it for MB shipment. And when I went to do the online check in I had to switch the address too. Seems I had to do it on the phone once also. Maybe when I booked ESPN club or ME, I can't remember now. I just recall the person on the phone telling me the address was different when I went to confirm it.

Oh that's right, it's some weird Chicago address. Couldn't figure out why MDE was so confused at first until I realized it had only done that on my Orbitz ressies. Definitely make sure you change it when confirming the address for MB shipping!

If you're overcharged, file a claim under Orbitz's best price guarantee. You'll get a bonus back in Orbitz rewards Orbucks.

Who do I contact to add 3rd person to resi?
How do I change address so I receive MB?
Can I select color of MB?

Who do I contact to add 3rd person to resi?
How do I change address so I receive MB?
Can I select color of MB?

I emailed OrbitzTLCService@orbitz.com They got back to me in about a day, and then everything showed up correctly in MDE. You change the address on the shipping confirmation page for MBs. I think it makes you confirm before it will let you select a color. And then there is a place to edit if it isn't right. Then you pick your colors and they ship, just like if you had booked through Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter