Orbitz and disney discounts

DisneyFEB2013

Mouseketeer
At some point, the disney resort prices on Orbitz will come down. Does anyone know how soon after Disney discounts are released are the Orbitz prices reflecting this? From what I understand Disney Visa discounts were released today for February 2016.

Thanks!

Usually the day the public discounts are released. Last year when the room-only discounts came out for fall, I skipped over to Orbitz and found some of the promo prices there. It really depends on what rooms Orbitz bought from Disney, you might not see the same discounts on both sites.

If I remember correctly Orbitz was showing the discount within a day or two of WDW releasing it to the GP. I didn't book until Oct. 11th but I had been looking at it daily from the day WDW released the discount.

Last month I got 15% off at Pop Century for the first two nights of our stay (before AK) through Orbitz. Will they discount more than that?

If you book room only through Orbitz and have children, I have read that you should book without them and then add the children later. How do you add them later?

If you book room only through Orbitz and have children, I have read that you should book without them and then add the children later. How do you add them later?

I've done this a couple of times. You just call Orbitz (some people do the online chat) and have them add your children. I was put on hold while they called Disney to add the kids. It was quite easy and I linked easily to MDE. Just make sure to change the shipping address for your magic bands to your address (it was be Orbitz address by default).

I'll be watching closely to see when Orbitz adds the Disney deals, plus their promo code. A flat $150 won't work for me, so I'm hoping to see a percentage.

I'll be watching closely to see when Orbitz adds the Disney deals, plus their promo code. A flat $150 won't work for me, so I'm hoping to see a percentage.
You can split your booking in two and apply the code to both ressies. Unfortunately, we prob will not see a % code that give you any more than the $150. In the fine print it states that discounts are capped.

I checked this morning and the WDW room only discount is not up on Orbitz yet....at least not for my dates.

You can split your booking in two and apply the code to both ressies. Unfortunately, we prob will not see a % code that give you any more than the $150. In the fine print it states that discounts are capped.

I checked this morning and the WDW room only discount is not up on Orbitz yet....at least not for my dates.

The deals in the past were really too good to be true with the extra 15% off the 30-35% room, really, but it sure was nice while it lasted. I'll still check just in case a promo code pops up that gives the actual percentage.

I just booked through orbitz to receive the additional 15%. Before i cancel my original reservation i booked with Disney, i want to make sure i am able to link everything successfully but when i try to add the new reservation in MDE it says it cannot be found. Is there a lag from the time you book with Orbitz before Disney's system reflects it? Thanks!

They have got great deals @ Orbitz for Disney...I just rebooked and saved $100 for ASMU....but also booked CBR....but it's $400 more....which one to cancel? LOL!

Are you guys getting an actual 15% off or the flat $150? If 15%, what code did you use? Thx!

Are you guys getting an actual 15% off or the flat $150? If 15%, what code did you use? Thx!

Code is packyourbags I got 7 night 8 days @ All Stars Sports for $567 that's including some orbucks of $29 I applied also.
Good luck and hope you find a deal. :)

Sorry, yes, it is the 15% capped at $150 with the packyourbags code. I am staying at pop but for 10 nights so it is actually less than 15%. Still any additional money off on top of Disney's 15%, ill take it!

Ok thanks! Yes, any savings is great! Part of my trip is at POR and the 15% is less than $150 so it's a good deal for me. However, the next part of my trip is at GF so that 150 cap isn't so great (or at least not as great as the 15% would be!).

The Disney discounts should be showing up on Orbitz now. I booked POR with a 19% Disney discount, and split my stay into two reservations, getting %15 off each using code Review15 (which is good through March 31). I ended up saving $95 on one reservation and $105 on the other for the Orbitz discount.

I booked it around 10:00 CST, but I noticed that Orbitz seemed to be adding the resorts one at a time. I just kept hitting refresh until POR came up.

I just booked through orbitz to receive the additional 15%. Before i cancel my original reservation i booked with Disney, i want to make sure i am able to link everything successfully but when i try to add the new reservation in MDE it says it cannot be found. Is there a lag from the time you book with Orbitz before Disney's system reflects it? Thanks!
Not sure if there is a lag but if there is it would be very short.
Make sure that you are using the hotel confirmation number(six digit alpha/numeric) not the Orbitz booking number to link with MDE.

Booked a river view room at POFQ for the last week in February on Orbitz

$1710 for 8 nights after discount and taxes.

This room type was not available on the WDW website but at POR the same room type would have been $2,165.

Huge discrepancy in price but I'll take it! Never booked through Orbitz, still need tickets and to add my kids to the reservation. I was able to add to MDE immediately after booking.

Reactions: TJA
I just booked our 4 night February Grand Floridian stay with Orbitz, saved us $178 over what I had booked last Thursday using my Disney Visa. I was debating whether or not to do it, I've never booked through Orbitz before. That additional money saved will pay for at least one really nice meal at a signature restaurant.

We just booked POFQ through Orbitz today. I did it through Ebates and clicked on Orbitz with the packyourbags code. I also had $35.in orbucks to apply. So we got regular room Jan 30-Feb 6 for $1067. About $225. less than through Disney alone. And ebates will give us 3% back, so that will go toward meals. We got our tickets through Undercover Tourist through the Mousesavers link, so we saved about $45. there. I'll take any savings! lol. Thrilled that we got the resort we wanted. can't wait to go!

I've never booked through Orbitz. It looks like booking a dining plan is not an option through Orbitz. Can I add a dining plan through Disney once I book through Orbitz and link my reservation to my MDE page?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter