Orbitz and disney discounts

I've never booked through Orbitz. It looks like booking a dining plan is not an option through Orbitz. Can I add a dining plan through Disney once I book through Orbitz and link my reservation to my MDE page?
You won't be able to add the dining plan to the Orbitz reservation. Guests are not able to add dining plans to reservations booked through a travel agent. Only the agency is able to do it.

Booked through Orbitz yesterday and linked to MDE. The reservation says "LBM Room Only" Anyone know what that means?

Once you set up MDE you can book fast passes and dinging reservations. I have done it then cancelled my reservation and booked another room and my dining was still listed and valid. You will need to enter a CC # when booking your dining. :)

Just a heads-up here. I looked at Orbitz yesterday and didn't book . . . and today the exact same room at the exact same resort is $45 more for the exact same 7 nights I looked at yesterday. This was for a pool-view room at AKL the last week in January.

Also, even though the Orbitz code is 15% off, it's actually not 15% off the price of a discounted room-only reservation on the Disney site. It's only about 8% off the discounted price, and that's counting some Orbucks I had to apply to the reservation. Which reservation I still haven't made, since I'm hoping yesterday's rate will reappear, maybe later today. Here's hoping!

I'm glad I booked Pop through Orbitz yesterday! Today there are no standard rooms available for my dates.

Just a heads-up here. I looked at Orbitz yesterday and didn't book . . . and today the exact same room at the exact same resort is $45 more for the exact same 7 nights I looked at yesterday. This was for a pool-view room at AKL the last week in January.

Also, even though the Orbitz code is 15% off, it's actually not 15% off the price of a discounted room-only reservation on the Disney site. It's only about 8% off the discounted price, and that's counting some Orbucks I had to apply to the reservation. Which reservation I still haven't made, since I'm hoping yesterday's rate will reappear, maybe later today. Here's hoping!

Just out of curiosity, I looked also. I did book yesterday, but as you said, for the same room today for the same 4 nights, it was $47 (and change) more.

I now need a vacation from booking my vacations. DH told me to stop looking and be satisfied with what we have, but I just can't help myself.

Just out of curiosity, I looked also. I did book yesterday, but as you said, for the same room today for the same 4 nights, it was $47 (and change) more.

I now need a vacation from booking my vacations. DH told me to stop looking and be satisfied with what we have, but I just can't help myself.

MsThumper! I'm glad you booked yesterday and wish that I had! I'll keep this thread updated with more info as it transpires. I guess the rates depend on Orbitz's inventory, which probably took a big hit yesterday.

Update 9/30/15: The price on Orbitz went back down again today. It's now the same amount it was 2 days ago.

Last edited:

Wanted to post with an update. Yesterday, I looked up the same reservation/dates/resort again and the total cost on Orbitz went back to Monday's original price. But I waited and didn't book it . . . and the price went back up again today to Tuesday's price!

DH said to just book it, so I did. It's still a savings over the Disney discount, and I read on the Orbitz site that if they later have the same booking for a lower price, you can call them and they'll refund you the difference. So I'll keep checking. The Tues/Thurs higher price was only $45 more (for 7 nights, that's only $6.43/night) but, still, when there's a discount I want the most I can get!

Meanwhile, I figured out why I wasn't getting the full 15% off on the Orbitz code--it's because there's a limit of $150 total discount and since my booking was over $1,000, I got the maximum discount.

And, FYI to anyone who's thinking of using the Orbitz discount--the current 15%-off discount expires on Sunday night.

Hope this makes sense and is helpful to someone else.

And...for my final post on this topic... Of course I checked again this morning :Dand saw that the prices on Orbitz had gone back down yet again to the Mon/Wed prices (as opposed to the Tues/Thurs higher prices), so I canceled and rebooked the trip. It was easier to do that than to ask for a refund of the difference. The refund for the canceled trip is already showing up on my cc statement and I was easily able to enter my Orbitz reservation # into MDE. So it all worked out very well.

For everyone who's thinking about booking through Orbitz--consider doing it today! The rates may not go back down again this weekend. And, as I said before, the current 15%-off code (which caps at $150) expires on Sunday night.
Best of luck to everyone with their WDW bookings! pixiedust:

For everyone who's thinking about booking through Orbitz--consider doing it today!
pixiedust:

agreed ... and their cancellation policy makes it so there's no need to wait to see if a better deal will come out tomorrow, just book it :)

OK. I know I said that the post from Friday was my final post on this topic--but as it turns out, it isn't! Orbitz is having an even better sale today--48HRSALE is the code--and I rebooked my reservation (yet again) and saved an additional $72 on the exact same booking. Will I be looking again tomorrow? Probably! Because the price they took the discount on was higher than the price they discounted on Friday, so I'll check back tomorrow to see if it's even lower.

BTW, my entire booking is approximately 37% off rack, including the Orbitz discount, the GP discount (which Orbitz sort of uses), and ebates. Nice!

The sale today works out way better for me because it doesn't cap at 150. So GF savings is $800+ over the general public Disney discount for Easter week!

So i suppose you add the Magic Express bus service some how? I have a short trip to run the Princess half marathon and using orbiz would save $60 over room reservation cost I booked today, but I need the bus service...

So i suppose you add the Magic Express bus service some how? I have a short trip to run the Princess half marathon and using orbiz would save $60 over room reservation cost I booked today, but I need the bus service...

Orbitz gives a "hotel confirmation number" (different from the Orbitz reservation confirmation number), and you just plug that number into My Disney Experience. Mine worked immediately. After you're on MDE, you can make the Disney Magical Express (the bus service) reservations as well as your ADRs and FP+ reservations. Easy!

Orbitz gives a "hotel confirmation number" (different from the Orbitz reservation confirmation number), and you just plug that number into My Disney Experience. Mine worked immediately. After you're on MDE, you can make the Disney Magical Express (the bus service) reservations as well as your ADRs and FP+ reservations. Easy!

I just booked a one night stay through Orbitz and just linked my reservation, booked DME and ordered Magic Bands. It was so easy!
Thank you Miffy, for posting the new discount! I saved a little over $35 off of Disney's price on one night at a value. Every bit helps! :)

I just booked a one night stay through Orbitz and just linked my reservation, booked DME and ordered Magic Bands. It was so easy!
Thank you Miffy, for posting the new discount! I saved a little over $35 off of Disney's price on one night at a value. Every bit helps! :)

You're welcome, minniebeth! Every bit does help!

Good morning, everyone on the thread! I was compelled to look at the prices on Orbitz again this morning . . . and . . . they'd gone down! So I rebooked my trip yet again (what the heck!) and saved an additional $45 on the exact same reservation. BTW, the reservation is for the last week in January for a pool view room at AKL. Overall, I saved about 39% off rack rate, which is better than any of the Disney discounts I saw for this time period.

Good luck to everyone!

Good morning, everyone on the thread! I was compelled to look at the prices on Orbitz again this morning . . . and . . . they'd gone down! So I rebooked my trip yet again (what the heck!) and saved an additional $45 on the exact same reservation. BTW, the reservation is for the last week in January for a pool view room at AKL. Overall, I saved about 39% off rack rate, which is better than any of the Disney discounts I saw for this time period.

Good luck to everyone!

EDIT: Nevermind - I think you just answered my other thread! LOL :)

okay..thanks for all the help, but I need more.
where do I find the link to make the DME bus service reservations.
I assume they want my airline info but can't find a place to put it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter