** OPENING DAY PRICING 2017 Pt 2 May/September: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

No OBB on that EBTA? My TA insists that we got the OBB discount and I was quoted that exact price for 2A, 1C (9) in a 5C also. Hmmm...
You did get it. 2 adults in 5a with no OBB is Almost 6k. I would rebook to 5c. You got a great deal.

4 night dream August 28 2017

2a/2c
00T
Guest 1 Voyage Fare:

$2,160.00

Guest 2 Voyage Fare:

$2,160.00

Guest 3 Voyage Fare:

$1,248.00

Guest 4 Voyage Fare:

$1,248.00

Vacation Protection Plan:

$545.28

Taxes, Fees, & Port Expenses:

$317.12

Ground Transfers:

DECLINED

Total Due:

$7,678.40

What is up with the exorbitant cruise insurance prices? I paid less than $100 for a 5 night cruise for 3 adults (and one is 76yo!!!) through a 3rd party.

Yikes.

Have been reading this thread throughout the day and had decided not to even bother getting a quote- had been interested in the 10 Night European and the prices I've been seeing all day were depressing......but just to torment myself before I went to bed(its after midnight here) I made the call.

June 28, 2017 10 Night Northern European
Cat 5A 2A2C (kids 12 & 16) No OBB
$16,220.68
Cat 9A $14,020

So $14,000+ for a porthole....not a verandah........No Ins/transfers...or anything...

The only plus is that the flights would be relatively cheap as we live in Ireland, but still....
We're Gold and I've never even looked up the other Lines for prices- I'm conscious that this would be my sons last year in the Vibe which makes me sentimental as he started in the Oceaneers Lab and i don't want to not go with DCL....but still...$16k!!

Madness!

June 28, 2017 10 Night Southern Caribbean
Cat 5D 4A No OBB
$14,172.08 no insurance or transfers

April 23, 2017 14-Night Panama Canal
Cat 9B 4A No OBB
$7,992.64 no insurance or transfers

July 5, 2017 | Disney Dream
4-Night Bahamian Cruise

Cat 4A 2A3C $6,512.80 no ins/trans yes OBB
Really? Is this price because it's peak season? We just did a Dream cruise in February and it was only $2700 in 4C. Maybe it's the two extra kids (we were 2A/1C), but I don't see the price more than doubling due to two extra children.

Magic 6/28/2017 11nights Norwegian Fjords and Iceland
Cat 9C 3A1k 11
Insurance/transfers/air included No
$11,664

Just received the following quotes:
May 13, 2017 Disney Magic
16 Night Eastbound Transatlantic
Cat 10A 2A $3986 no ins/trans yes OBB

May 28, 2017 Disney Magic
7 Night Northern European
Cat 10A 2A $4047.96 no ins/trans/OBB

Waiting on the June 4th, 2017 7 Night Norwegian Fjords. Same category/stateroom. It is our retirement blowout cruise.

You did get it. 2 adults in 5a with no OBB is Almost 6k. I would rebook to 5c. You got a great deal.

Ah, ok. OP must have gotten OBB and maybe just forgotten? I did look at the 5A's posted and then added my child getting over $6700 so I am guessing we did get it.

Not sure if we will keep this one but the nearly-$11,000 11-night Southern Caribbean was a definite no-thanks so we had to quickly switch to something! LOL

Ours was:

EBTA
2A, 1C (9)
5C
$6122.31
no ins/no trans/WITH OBB (According to our TA)

Also quoted:

11-Night Southern Caribbean Cruise
6/17/17
2A,1C(9)
5C
$10,987.34
no ins/no trans/WITH OBB

Yikes.

Have been reading this thread throughout the day and had decided not to even bother getting a quote- had been interested in the 10 Night European and the prices I've been seeing all day were depressing......but just to torment myself before I went to bed(its after midnight here) I made the call.

June 28, 2017 10 Night Northern European
Cat 5A 2A2C (kids 12 & 16) No OBB
$16,220.68
Cat 9A $14,020

So $14,000+ for a porthole....not a verandah........No Ins/transfers...or anything...

The only plus is that the flights would be relatively cheap as we live in Ireland, but still....
We're Gold and I've never even looked up the other Lines for prices- I'm conscious that this would be my sons last year in the Vibe which makes me sentimental as he started in the Oceaneers Lab and i don't want to not go with DCL....but still...$16k!!

Madness!
My son really wants to go to Iceland. Once I started seeing the prices for this cruise I began looking at airfare to Ireland, with a 4 night stay in Iceland...8 night self guided Ireland/England tour. I'm thinking this may be a better way to go for us..different vacation- but one that I can justify lol

Question: Are there better insurance deals than the one offered by Disney? Looking to save a little, but not at a risk. This will be the furthest we have been from home since I was in the Navy. Disney's ships are much better, but we had bigger guns. Thanks in advance.

The 2 quotes I got today were:
4/23/17 - 14 night Panama Canal (Disney Wonder)
2A Cat: 9B Cost: $4,682.32 (No OBB, No trans, no ins)

6/17/17 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean (Disney Fantasy)
2A Cat: 8B Cost: $8,880.56 (No OBB, No trans, no ins)

Sadly we cancelled our bookings...I could not justify the over $800 per day for the 11 night and we have already cruised the Panama Canal with DCL back in 2005, so again, could not justify the price.

Question: Are there better insurance deals than the one offered by Disney? Looking to save a little, but not at a risk. This will be the furthest we have been from home since I was in the Navy. Disney's ships are much better, but we had bigger guns. Thanks in advance.

USAA uses a third party for trip insurance and I think I've gotten it at a discount thru them. BTW: thanks for your service and congrats on retirement, my dad served 20 years in the US Navy.

Got our bookings back a little while ago:

July 9th British Isles:
9C 2A $7422 (w/OBB, no insurance, no trans)

May 12, 2 night:
9C 2A $1498 (no OBB, insurance or trans)

May 14, 3 nights:
9C 2A $1818

I would definitely shop around to see, since there are companies that only sell travel insurance and tend to have lower rates and they cover more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter