1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Oops I messed up my booking

Discussion in 'UK Trip Planning Forum' started by lindaanddarren, Feb 5, 2013.

1. lindaanddarren

lindaanddarren Earning My Ears

I was in a rush last night (in between my back shift at work) to book our accommodation for our October holiday to ensure I got the free DDP . however, I messed up & booked too many nights at the wrong resort!!!
    I have rang & changed my booking from Old key west to Saratoga springs...I'm now having second thoughts & think I should have kept the booking for Old Key West. Has anyone got any views as to which one is the best one to stay at especially as we have a 14 year old with us(I thought Saratoga would be handy for downtown disney but there seems more to do at old key west....any thoughts would be good as I'm so confused & want to get the best place for us. :confused3:confused3 :confused3

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. orangetiggs

orangetiggs Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!

Love okw far more than ssr. I find ssr far too big. We stayed okw last year with my sister who was 16 and she loved the pool

Okw hast bigger rooms too

4. Elise79

Elise79 Moderator Moderator

I would say there is not a lot in it really - just pick the one you like the look of most.

Being DVC resorts they have the same activities etc going on and have community halls.

5. wayneg

wayneg Moderator Moderator

Our choice is OKW, stayed there 4 times and love the resort but never stayed at SSR, had a look around when we dined at the Turf Club and we prefer OKW but others prefer SSR, both are very good resorts.

6. Meggysmum

Meggysmum Mouseketeer

I would stick with SSR. I think the 1bed rooms at OKW are definitely bigger but the studios can be a bit dark. The decor at OKW is better too in my opinion.

However SSR has lovely spaces for walking around and the QS option is much, much better than the poor offering at OKW. We stayed at the Paddocks and the pool was great and had a mug refill. At OKW we were really far from everything and the only way to walk to the main building is up the main road. Around SSR there were pathways around the lakes and fountains, it felt much more like a proper vacation!

I can't see me ever booking OKW again, SSR was just so much nicer for me and I loved being near DTD too.

7. penlanspice

penlanspice Addicted 2 disney

My vote would be for SSR, we love this resort, I know a lot of peoplle dont care for it. You can walk over to DTD which is always a bonus for us.