Online payments - what am I doing wrong???

LovemesomeDW

Mouseketeer
OMG I cannot figure out how to make a payment online. I pull up my reservation online and the the only thing it says is dates or trip and guest listed. No option anywhere to pay online. I can't even find my balance owed! What am I doing wrong?

OMG I cannot figure out how to make a payment online. I pull up my reservation online and the the only thing it says is dates or trip and guest listed. No option anywhere to pay online. I can't even find my balance owed! What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. The website is a giant mess.

There is a link to the old website that works sometimes for some people, but I'd just call and pay it over the phone to avoid any issues.

Thanks! I've had nothing but problems with their website. Quite surprising that something as big as WDW would have such a bad website!

I've reported similar issues last week. They mentioned one could pay through the app. I had already called and paid over the phone out of frustration so I couldn't try that route.

For our 2013 trip, I did the following.

Log into your account on the Disney World site using the sign in tab not the My Disney Experience tab.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Look on your right and you'll see Order Customized Maps. Click on it.

On the customized maps page, look about an inch or so down on the left side it should say Welcome **** and then to the right of that you'll see My Reservations. Click on it.

Your reservations should show up on the next page. Click on View Details.

Scroll down until you see Pay Balance Now. Click that and on the next page, you'll be allowed to make payments.

It's a long way around but it works.

Can anyone still access the old website to make payments? I've tried and it redirects me to the new sucky one :(

I agree! The new website stinks! I liked the old one better and the other poster was correct...something as big as the Disney company should have a better website. It's very frustrating.:sad:

The website is awful. Just call and they will be happy to suck your bank account dry over the phone and them tell you to have a magical day.

:)

Hi everyone. You need to clear your cookies before you click on the link. Hopefully it will work for you then.

Thought I'd revive this thread to post a buyer beware...

I've been trying for the last 30 minutes to pay off my trip (only 51 days left!). After waffling between Disney telling me that "payment details are at this time" and letting me through, only to stall in the payment process, then finally telling me it couldn't process a payment on my credit card, I was totally frustrated. Since it's after 9:00pm, I thought I'd just call in the morning. But then I found this thread with the link to the old website, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Only to find that my balance was $0.00. :confused3

I checked my credit card balance online to see if a payment actually had gone through and, sure enough, there it was.

As others have already mentioned, I cannot believe how horrible the Disney site is. For as much care they give to the presentation of their parks (and they really really do), it just seems crazy to me that they don't give as much attention to what, for many, is the first impression of what they offer. Looks pretty at first glance, but once you dive in, it's just a complete mess. :sad2:

laura428 said:
Thought I'd revive this thread to post a buyer beware...

I've been trying for the last 30 minutes to pay off my trip (only 51 days left!). After waffling between Disney telling me that "payment details are at this time" and letting me through, only to stall in the payment process, then finally telling me it couldn't process a payment on my credit card, I was totally frustrated. Since it's after 9:00pm, I thought I'd just call in the morning. But then I found this thread with the link to the old website, so I thought I'd give it a try.

Only to find that my balance was $0.00. :confused3

I checked my credit card balance online to see if a payment actually had gone through and, sure enough, there it was.

As others have already mentioned, I cannot believe how horrible the Disney site is. For as much care they give to the presentation of their parks (and they really really do), it just seems crazy to me that they don't give as much attention to what, for many, is the first impression of what they offer. Looks pretty at first glance, but once you dive in, it's just a complete mess. :sad2:

It happened to me the other day, too. At least it didn't double dip my checking account, which I have also heard of happening.

Did you use a travel agent to book your reservation? If so, payments have to go through the TA. This is something I just learned myself.

I think it's best to call in your payment. I know it's a pain, but take it from someone who has had difficulties. The website has major major bugs. After I saw I was having difficulty I checked my credit card statement online. Good thing I did, because there was 3 separate charges! Had to call the reservation line anyway just to get my payment straightened out.:mad:

Yes I would not recommend using the online system to pay. They applied my online payment to a cancelled reservation and have no idea how that happened. Definitely call and make the payment via phone.

I had no issues at all the other day when I paid off my balance with gift cards. I had to do it in 2 payments with 2 cards, but there was no problem.

Wow I was thinking of attempting to make a payment online as I have always did that in the past but now reading of the problems associated with it think maybe I will just call instead

I've made four payments on my trip since booking it and haven't had any problems...even using the new My Disney Experience link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter