Online Dating...

Haha thanks for clearing that up Devan. I didn't know how else to put it lolol.

I don't do online relationships for my own reasons. But I cannot say I'm for or against them. They have their pros and cons. Some people can make it work, and the more to them if they can.

Ditto.
Definately not for me.
I have trust issues as it is and there is no way I'd be able to handle an online relationship.
Anyways, works for some, others it doesn't.
If someone finds their love online, then good for them.
But I won't be one of them.

And I know I act differently online (Not intentionally, just by the way I talk and such.), and people view me different than they do IRL.
So I have a feeling if I did meet someone online, we might not get along as well as we do online as we would in person.

Yeah, thanks.
Just to clarify,
Yes, there's no physical part of the relationship but you don't always need that. Like Becca said, it's a good idea to get to know someone's heart before their appearence. You can't trust them, but after 2 years, I think I'll start to trust someone. The way you keep these relationships is unexplainable really. I know most of you think it's weird, it is, but not for people who are in them and are truly in love with this person.

It's definitley not something I could do, I am a very physical person and I wouldn't be able to stand not being about to touch my BF.

I have a best friend though, who met her BF on myspace about 3 yrs ago, he's from England, I don't know how but somehow they've managed to make their relationship totally work!!
She goes there twice a year and he comes here twice a year.
Next year he's moving to Canada.
They are definitley in it for the long haul and they are living proof that you can find love online.

I couldn't do it though, I've never even expirienced having a crush online, it's just not something that has ever happened for me. But from seeing my friend with her BF, I really believe that you can find true love online. But you have to be a really strong and commited person to make it REALLY work.

It's definitley not something I could do, I am a very physical person and I wouldn't be able to stand not being about to touch my BF.

I have a best friend though, who met her BF on myspace about 3 yrs ago, he's from England, I don't know how but somehow they've managed to make their relationship totally work!!
She goes there twice a year and he comes here twice a year.
Next year he's moving to Canada.
They are definitley in it for the long haul and they are living proof that you can find love online.

I couldn't do it though, I've never even expirienced having a crush online, it's just not something that has ever happened for me. But from seeing my friend with her BF, I really believe that you can find true love online. But you have to be a really strong and commited person to make it REALLY work.

I totally agree :P

I have nothing against it as long as its safe. And I also think they should be able to text/talk on the phone and be able to have at least that much trust to actually be considered dating.[if there are no extra fees and such...]

I personally would never do it. Its not just about the whole physical thing. I need to be able to see there reactions when I say something, and I need to be able to actually hang out with them, flirt, and tell jokes in real life. I also of course need the hugs, kisses all those signs of affection as well.

I think everyone should have there own choice though, and I know some people do fall in love and are able to have stable relationships online. Its just not for me though. :)

thanks devan. im glad someone got what i was trying to say :]

and like you said, you just cant understand unless youve been there.

i mean geez, there have been cases where people have litterally fallen in love with a character from a book. you cant touch them. you cant have a physical relationship with them. but youre "in love" with them because of how they "speak" and their personality is.

i think its fine when you meet on like eHarmony or sumthin, but you would have to meet in a public place. but then really, i would still worry.:confused:

i think you can have crushes over the internet , but dating would be difficult.

but if you can safely meet eventualy it could work .
i think it is possible , but not easily .
and if you love the person enough . it can be worth it :thumbsup2

offtopic.. how did it go ?!
thats really cute !

Well they werent love notes, but i guess by "law" they were flirting.

Lotsa smileys and hearts.

We made a stick figure family of 3 earlier, so he pulled them out *i was surprised he still had them xD* and we were like "THEY NEED A FISH!" so we drew this huge fish bowl that was bigger then all of them and a little tiny "jesus" fish. :laughing:. We just passed notes because we were bored..and we couldnt talk at all during class, but since he cant read in loud environements, we just started talking. It was sweet for me though, because he would look up at me with these serious eyes..kinda like..looking down..but looking up at the same time. Total knee melting expirience.

Im not saying that you cant get that from someone you met online, people are people, but theres a high chance, that someone you feel a "connection" with online, may not be your physical attraction. They may have a few quarks that just absolutely bother you, or they may studder, or something else that they do in real life, that they dont do online.

thanks devan. im glad someone got what i was trying to say :]

and like you said, you just cant understand unless youve been there.

i mean geez, there have been cases where people have litterally fallen in love with a character from a book. you cant touch them. you cant have a physical relationship with them. but youre "in love" with them because of how they "speak" and their personality is.

I think there is a difference. You are not actually trying to have a relationship with that person. You just love how the author developed there personality and quirks. Its a different kind of love. & I will be the first to admit I have fallen in love with a character from a movie/book. [Take Noah Calhoun from the notebook....] I bet every girl in the world would kill to have a guy like that, but its not like they are all IN love with him, they just love what he does, and how he acts in the book and movie. I don't know its hard to explain but its two completely different types of loves...

I'm going to be truthful here, and say that I would never online date, but I guess that it's fine for other people. I'm not sure if I'm that trusting~ i think that I'd be too scared....

i think its fine when you meet on like eHarmony or sumthin, but you would have to meet in a public place. but then really, i would still worry.:confused:

What's the difference between online forums, a game, or eHarmony? You can still get to know that person the same way, honestly, it's just easier to find someone on eHarmony or any other dating website because they're all looking for someone. I think it's more, romantic, for a lack of better words, if you just happen to stumble upon each other.

And you're welcome Becca, I agree with your second statement :)

Online dating is definitely not for me. One of my good friends did that, and it only broke her heart. The guy kept saying that he was going to come down and visit her, but he never could. And it ruined her, emotionally.

I think she's still a little messed up by it. Whenever we talk, she usually mentions him. I feel bad for her.

But I also know of a lot of success stories. I think it really depends on your personality and your expectations on love/relationships. I don't think there is anything wrong with it, it's just not for me. I don't think I'd be able to handle not seeing the guy I really care about whenever I could, or touch him, or see him smile, etc. Same with long-distance relationships. That would be hard for me too.

I couldnt do it..
I love hugs and i love seeing that special persons face every day or something.
I have nothing against it,, its just not for me.
Im really pleased for people who have done it and its all worked out.. :goodvibes

I love the whole connection you can have with someone online when your typing.. and like yeah, it makes it all nice.

But I love hugs. I don't know whether I'd be able to be all lovey online when you can't actually do the stuff with person (not sex btw.)

I dunno, it isn't for me, but I totally see why some people like it :)

It isn't for me mainly because Im extremely paranoid.

Well, you're right. It is a risk. And life's about taking risks right? If you're willing to online date, you gotta be willing to get your heart broken, sadly.

It's not just a risk of a broken heart, it's a risk of getting raped, kidnapped, or killed. What if you told the person your last name? They can get all the information about you they would ever want. And if you meet in person then they could do the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter