• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Online Dating...

I could never understand it.

I really couldnt, i mean...i can..but i cant, i mean..i would have needed to at least called them or seen them...AT LEAST.

I think it depends on what you personally feel.

If you think you really like that person and your willing to have an online relationship then sure.

But if your the type of person that would rather just have a bf/gf in person, then its probably not for you. (me.)

I could never understand it.

I really couldnt, i mean...i can..but i cant, i mean..i would have needed to at least called them or seen them...AT LEAST.

Yea it makes no sense to me....
Why would you want to date someone you never actually met?
It just don't get it.

Well, I'm not asking for advice or anything lol just wondering what all of you good people think about it :P

I personally don't see anything wrong with it...just be careful.

Yea it makes no sense to me....
Why would you want to date someone you never actually met?
It just don't get it.

Me either.
I need to KNOW them, i mean if they like..moved..or..you met up with them more then once, and you really like each other and you arent TOO far apart, then i think thats okay..but still.

I would need to be able to see them on the weekends..or..even more.

Thats just my opinion.
All though, im all for online friends :)

Me either.
I need to KNOW them, i mean if they like..moved..or..you met up with them more then once, and you really like each other and you arent TOO far apart, then i think thats okay..but still.

I would need to be able to see them on the weekends..or..even more.

Thats just my opinion.
All though, im all for online friends :)

Yea, I also think it's weird like.. sharing your feelings and stuff over the internet and just everything about it is weird.

Yea, I also think it's weird like.. sharing your feelings and stuff over the internet and just everything about it is weird.

I agree.

"I love you pookey bear"
"i love you too snookie bunches"

Like...its just not right.

You have no idea what i could REALLY be thinking.

I could be like "I love youuuu" *god hes so annoying! why wont he leave me alone!?*

i dunno, its a risky one for me..

Well, it's an opinion and I respect what everyone has to say :P

I agree.

"I love you pookey bear"
"i love you too snookie bunches"

Like...its just not right.

You have no idea what i could REALLY be thinking.

I could be like "I love youuuu" *god hes so annoying! why wont he leave me alone!?*

i dunno, its a risky one for me..

Well, you're right. It is a risk. And life's about taking risks right? If you're willing to online date, you gotta be willing to get your heart broken, sadly.

My personal opinion it does not work for me, but for some people it just might work. I really think the two people involved must be really mature and be able to deal with the distance of their relationship and work through those obstacles. For me I am NOT mature enough for that and I would go nuts not seeing my BF on a regular basis.

i think..if people are being completely honest, its a way to get to know someone on a more personal level. over the inernet you cant see a physical appearance save for maybe a picture. all that youre really talking to is who the person really is. appearance set aside.

but then again. half the time no one can tell the truth in person, so what makes you think theyre going to tell the truth online?

but im a sucker for love. im all for happily ever after. no matter how it is you get to that point.

but i do not trust those stupid eharmony websites. just for fun, i took the test. i was told that i was a certain type of personality that cant be matched up. :/

Anne, you seem offended or irritated by other posts. If I hadn't known before, I'd know now you met a guy online.

I don't like online dating. I like the physical parts of a relationship (no not sex). When you have an online relationship, you're not able to cuddle up with your SO, you can't kiss them when you want to, it makes for some very awkward meetings.

I would never have an online relationship, I think I would actually need to physically know the person. But if it works for some people, then good for them! I know of a lot of people who met over the internet and got married and love each other just as much as any other couple.

Anne, you seem offended or irritated by other posts. If I hadn't known before, I'd know now you met a guy online.

I don't like online dating. I like the physical parts of a relationship (no not sex). When you have an online relationship, you're not able to cuddle up with your SO, you can't kiss them when you want to, it makes for some very awkward meetings.

That's pretty much what I was trying to say earlier, I just didn't know how to say it.

a lot of people are saying how they dont understand how love can be conveyed via writing over the internet.

how is typing something that you truly feel for someone any different than sliding a love note that you wrote for someone into their hand?

Yeah I agree. I love hugs and cuddling, and you can't exactly do that online.

a lot of people are saying how they dont understand how love can be conveyed via writing over the internet.

how is typing something that you truly feel for someone any different than sliding a love note that you wrote for someone into their hand?

because youre there
and the look on their face..
i passed notes with my crush the entire day on friday.
That didnt mean we didnt see each others facial expressions, it was just because we werent allowed to talk.

and if you wrote a love note and left it for someone you obviously know them, and will probably see them again.

i honestly just dont see the difference.

i get it. "i want physical closeness. i want to touch. i want to feel."

but some people just dont need that. they'd rather get to know someone else's heart before they got to know their appearance.

It's personally not for me.
I think a big part of a relationship is being able to hold and hug your GF/BF. Like...I dont know, but people can be waaay different in real life then they are via internet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter