Online Check In/RFID Bands

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by *~PrincessBelle~*, Mar 15, 2013.

1. *~PrincessBelle~*

*~PrincessBelle~* DIS Veteran

Just paid our trip in full for May and I see now that the online check in window as been moved from 10 to 30 days... Really anxious to do online check in but worry if I do it so early we may miss out on an opportunity to get the new RFID bands...

I know this hasnt begun yet for all resorts/guests but really hoping that in May we get a chance to test it out...What do you think? Should we wait until closer to May to do online check in? Has anyone else been able to select whether they want the new wristband when checking in online?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

You can actually do online check-in 60 days prior to your arrival.

Whether or not you do online check-in has zero affect on whether you will get the new RFID bracelets. If the resort you're staying at has them, you will have the option to get them.

4. vikster1

vikster1 DIS Veteran

Are there benefits to checking in online?

Please explain what the wristbands are.

5. GoofyGraham

GoofyGraham Earning My Ears

Dunno where the 30 and 60 day online check-in comes from.... I've just checked my resort reservation with 30 days to go and it has this banner across the top

Reminders

On April 05, 2013, in 20 day(s), you can save time, skip the line and check in online.

6. 2ndStarr

2ndStarr Earning My Ears

That's weird. Mine offers check-in now, 2 months out...

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort – Check-In Available

:confused3

7. 2ndStarr

2ndStarr Earning My Ears

8. GoofyGraham

GoofyGraham Earning My Ears

It's not easy using the older site version.... when navigating to the site it defaults to the new one which doesn't allow UK users to get to their reservations at all! The only way we can use it is by bookmarking the 'planning center' page or to manually type in the address, and, it would appear, it's not going to give us any of the new functionality with regard online check in or band requests etc.

It won't spoil my holiday though.

9. KarBear

KarBear DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a pic of these bands and do you have to have one?
    I hate wearing bracelets esp for 10 days nonstop?

10. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

The bands aren't in use yet. No, you don't have to wear one, you can always just carry it around in your pocket or bag once Disney rolls the program out.

11. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

You wont have to wear the bands if you don't want to. Two other options definitly in the works one is already being used is the RFID KTTW cards the other is similar to the bands but it is a necklace or charm you can add to a necklace.

But here are what the bands look like:
    [​IMG]

Also seen worn here:
    [​IMG]

Buzz Lightyear one:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. *~PrincessBelle~*

*~PrincessBelle~* DIS Veteran

thanks for posting the pics of the bands..:thumbsup2 what sparked my op was that I had read on here that someone doing online check-in for a resort in the test group had been asked to select their band etc

I did go ahead and complete online check in for my stay..no reference to bands yet - im not holding my breath we'll see them on our trip but would be really cool if we did...

On my trip last september I was selected for fastpass+ testing and I loved it :goodvibes

13. Venomhatch

Was it AKL? I know that was the first to start random testings.

Where is your next stay at? I am a cast member actually at a resort so ill ask around meanwhile.

14. coluk003

coluk003 DIS Veteran

Just found out when we go in august we wont have this option, I'm kinda bummed because i really like it.

How do i know this? I work for Pixar and as a " cast member" we would use our ids. I wonder if they would give me one just because, not active or anything lol

15. ArmyVet80

ArmyVet80 Mouseketeer

At the end of the trip do you turn the bands back in or keep them like the KTTW cards? I have searched for an answer for this (maybe not as hard as I should have) but haven't found my answer. Needless to say this would be an awesome keepsake as my wife and I have kept our KTTW cards from every visit in our little WDW Shrine. :)

16. Venomhatch

You keep them. I too have a little shrine including unused fast passes. Lol.

17. ella6599

ella6599 Mouseketeer

Anyone know- are the bracelets removable, or are they like waterpark bracelets- on until you cut them off at the end?

18. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

The pictures I've seen show them as adjustable and removable. Like a soft rubber watch band.

19. Ivonne

Ivonne Mouseketeer

I prefer the kttw cards. Those bracelets are ugly and I feel easier to lose :-(

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

20. wilkeliza

wilkeliza DIS Veteran

Magic Bands will still be issued to CMs staying on property just like KTTWC are issued to CMs staying on property. The only way CMs won't get them is if they stay off property and only use their blue IDs and main gates for access. It would be like any other guest who books a room only reservation.