One Week to Go - help from all you experts please...

moxie99

Earning My Ears
We are scheduled to arrive on August 2 - staying at AKL - We arrive at the airport at 10:30 - have Magic Express ressie's -- can anyone tell me from experience what time we should arrive at AKL? Since we are there we are planning to do AK for the afternoon - have dinner ressies at Boma (is this a good choice?) When can we realistically plan for our room to be ready? Have an order with garden grocer schedule to be delivered between 3-5p.m. After dinner plans are to do MK for the evening and EMH - does this sound like a good first day or should we make changes? This is daughter's 16th birthday celebration - there are three of us - and hubby and I want to make the week truly magical for her.

We also have Hoop Dee Do - Chef Mickey's, Hollywood & Vine, Le'Cellier, Liberty Tree, Noodles Dessert, Prime Time Cafe, Tusker House Breakfast also scheduled. I have purposely left one evening open for dinner ressie's - so we can crash and burn if needed and order room service.

We are planning light breakfasts for most mornings (in room) and will do counter service for lunches, etc. Is this what you all would recommend? or if not, what should we change?

One last question, I'm thinking of ordering the floral package with the princess glass slipper for my princess - has anyone ordered this, if yes, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for any help and suggestions - we are so excited....

We are scheduled to arrive on August 2 - staying at AKL - We arrive at the airport at 10:30 - have Magic Express ressie's --

1- can anyone tell me from experience what time we should arrive at AKL?

Since we are there we are planning to do AK for the afternoon -

2- have dinner ressies at Boma (is this a good choice?)

3-When can we realistically plan for our room to be ready?

4- Have an order with garden grocer schedule to be delivered between 3-5p.m. After dinner plans are to do

5-MK for the evening and EMH - does this sound like a good first day or should we make changes? This is daughter's 16th birthday celebration - there are three of us - and hubby and I want to make the week truly magical for her.

6- We also have Hoop Dee Do - Chef Mickey's, Hollywood & Vine, Le'Cellier, Liberty Tree, Noodles Dessert, Prime Time Cafe, Tusker House Breakfast also scheduled. I have purposely left one evening open for dinner ressie's - so we can crash and burn if needed and order room service.

We are planning light breakfasts for most mornings (in room) and will do counter service for lunches, etc.
7- Is this what you all would recommend? or if not, what should we change?

One last question,
8- I'm thinking of ordering the floral package with the princess glass slipper for my princess - has anyone ordered this, if yes, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for any help and suggestions -
9- we are so excited....

1- Within 90-140 minutes.
2- Boma is very popular.
3- Any time from your arrival time, up until 3 PM.
4- That's fine.
5- That would work for me. (If you don't have an "early morning" planned the next day.)
6- Wow! Great choices!
7- We snack for beakfast and then only have one "big" meal a day, so looks good to me.
8- Sorry. No help from me on that one, but sounds cute.
9- You should be. You are going to have an AMAZING trip!!!!

Moxie99

You have heard from the best. :worship: You can now write it in ink on your planning sheet and prepare yourself for a great vacation. Happy Birthday to your 16 year old.

We are scheduled to arrive on August 2 - staying at AKL - We arrive at the airport at 10:30 - have Magic Express ressie's -- can anyone tell me from experience what time we should arrive at AKL? Since we are there we are planning to do AK for the afternoon - have dinner ressies at Boma (is this a good choice?) When can we realistically plan for our room to be ready? Have an order with garden grocer schedule to be delivered between 3-5p.m. After dinner plans are to do MK for the evening and EMH - does this sound like a good first day or should we make changes? This is daughter's 16th birthday celebration - there are three of us - and hubby and I want to make the week truly magical for her.

We also have Hoop Dee Do - Chef Mickey's, Hollywood & Vine, Le'Cellier, Liberty Tree, Noodles Dessert, Prime Time Cafe, Tusker House Breakfast also scheduled. I have purposely left one evening open for dinner ressie's - so we can crash and burn if needed and order room service.

We are planning light breakfasts for most mornings (in room) and will do counter service for lunches, etc. Is this what you all would recommend? or if not, what should we change?

One last question, I'm thinking of ordering the floral package with the princess glass slipper for my princess - has anyone ordered this, if yes, what are your thoughts?

Thanks for any help and suggestions - we are so excited....

Hubby's tips:

It all sounds pretty good to me. It sounds like you have a lot on the plate for the first day arrival so hopefully you will be very well rested especially if you have a long plane flight. My wife usually cannot handle doing too much on the first day of arrival.

The TS restaurants at Hollywood Studios (Hollywood and Vine & Prime Time Cafe) are not spectacular for their food IMHO. I would suggest looking at some other restaurants at EPCOT if you can or maybe Citricos or Narcoossee's at GF. Yak and Yetti at AK is an excellent choice too. Chef Mickey's is a fun experience but do not expect the food to be very good.

Everything sounds great, I would love if someone ordered me a slipper.
My only advice is even though Robo is right - the rooms are usually ready by 3pm, be prepared that your room may not be ready by 3pm. The year we stayed at AKL was the worst. We had arrived at 1pm after driving through the night and the room wasn't ready until 6pm. If I had known(always read the small print:) ) I probably wouldn't have gotten as upset. Just be prepared it could be later.
Have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter