one way car rental ( FLL to PORT OF MIAMI)

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by CruzOle, Jan 21, 2013.

1. CruzOle

CruzOle 1025.33 Miles From Port Canaveral FL.

I need a rental car, flying in FLL early on the 5th of May and will be leaving for the WBPC on the 6th out of Miami. I want to pick up the car at Fll airport
    and drop it off at Port of Miami. Who can I rent from that will shuttle me back to the port once I return it ??. I called several of the major car rental agencies and the say they no longer supply this service.

2. lovedmy1stcuise

lovedmy1stcuise Earning My Ears

I just booked with Alamo last week and I called them to verify and they said they don't have shuttle from their Downtown location but they do have it from their Airport location
    Miami Intl Arpt
    3900 Nw 25th St
    Miami, FL 33142
    Ph: 8888266893

3. EDH Family

EDH Family Married to the Mouse

Hertz offers a shuttle from Dowtown Miami to the port.

4. neg58

neg58 DIS Veteran

Anywhere in Downtown Miami the taxi is going to be about $10 to the port. It's worth $10 to me not to shuttle in from the airport. It is also possible to walk to the port from Downtown. There is a walkway across the bridge to the port, and it would probably be about 1 mile. There were lots of people walking it the last time I went.

I dropped the kids and our luggage at the port, drove back across the bridge to park in a lot downtown, and then took a shuttle back. I wish I would have just taken a taxi or walked. When we returned, the shuttle never showed, so I took a taxi - so much easier.

Nancy