"One More Waffle!" An October 2011 TR! *Update 4/24, pg 70-The End!*

Boma really is the greatest way to start an Animal Kingdom day! Plus, the juice, banana bread, goat cheese and chive eggs and breakfast sausage are AMAZING. :love: It's a must do for DH and I every trip!

Maybe the bunnies were arguing? :laughing: Or maybe Brandon should have stood a little closer to you? When we took a picture with Baloo at AK, I am 99% sure I stepped on his foot. EMBARASSING.

FOTLK is such a great show. That show and Flame Tree BBQ are the top 2 reasons why I couldn't skip AK.

That just flat out stinks that Brandon won't budge. :sad2: Where does he want to go? Greg and I were debating between Washington DC and Disneyland for our trip in late March/early April and we ultimately decided on Disneyland. We both are a lot more excited about it. Have you tried the Disneyland route with him? New places to eat, some different attractions plus you can do some non-Disney things such as visit San Diego Zoo, go to LA or the beach, etc.

Awkward character pictures? :rotfl: I like them Jen! They are all really cute although you guys are a little far apart in the second one. I like the one with Meeko!

So glad you got "the mug" at AK! Isn't it the best when you get to see the Mickey Head at the bottom?

Nice safari pics, especially the signature pics. And you got the lioness! I failed AGAIN to get the lion or the lioness this trip. So bummed! But I did get the tigers and a leopard.

I'm glad you both loved FOTLK!

Cute ears!

Great start to your AK day!

IDK what was up with Thumper and Miss Bunny... they probably didn't realize how far apart they were standing from each other! They aren't THAT bad though! :thumbsup2 Although I was cracking up at Brandon's reasoning for crouching! :rotfl2:

That's a good pic of the lioness! I have a TON of the male from last year but I don't think I've ever gotten pics of the females before. Nice job!

LOVE that coffee mug! I hope they still have them when I get there in July!

I LOVE FOTLK!!! We always see it! :D So glad you loved it too!!!

We've never been to BOMA for breakfast. We always eat dinner there and it's always delicious! I can only imagine breakfast being just as good :D

I always take TONS of pictures everytime I go on the safari, even though I already have a million from previous times! LOL :D

I love that mug! Breakfast at Boma before AK day sounds perfect. I think the awkward character pictures have a lot of...character. They're very unique. :thumbsup2

I hope something works out for May. It's always slightly uncomfortable when you don't have a trip booked.

That mug looks so awesome!!!! :love:

As soon as I saw that picture, I texted Alex at work with that photo and asked, "Can we go to AK so I can get this??"

Of course he said no....:confused3

Ahhh...I just can't over how cool that mug is. I love Mickey heads and animal print has a special meaning to me (because Alex proposed in front of giraffes) so anytime I see either of them I freak out a little.

Anyways...moving on. Glad your AK day has started off well. Glad you enjoyed FoTLK, it's my favorite. The songs just put you in a good mood and you leave feeling all cheery.

Those photos are definitely different...:laughing: I don't get why you and Brandon are about a million miles apart. :confused3

Your awkward character pictures had me cracking up! :lmao: I'm like Brandon - for some reason I feel like I need to hunch over with the shorter characters, but then the pictures always end up looking strange! :confused3

Those topiaries look amazing! I wish they would keep them out all year. I would love to see them!

Haha, when the handler gave us our camera back, I looked at the pictures and was like "What are you doing???" :rotfl: I guess it makes sense, but it looks weird!

Have you ever been during the Flower and Garden festival? The topiaries in Epcot are so cute! :)

Um, no. Cute and cuddly would not be words that I would use to describe a lioness.

:laughing:Those are some pretty awkward pictures with the bunnies. Why are they so far apart?

I can't believe Brandon is sticking to his no more Disney trips for awhile. I figured he would have caved by now. I am not even trying to get back for awhile. I think it will be nice to go back in 2013 after having a break. Maybe it will be more appreciated, plus Fantasyland will be done by then.

I still haven't seen the Lion King show either. After John hated the Nemo show I didn't even attempt to get us to another.

Mmmm, Boma breakfast. You haven't tried the dinner have you? Boma and Sanaa are a bit scary for me. Especially Boma since dinner is so expensive, what if everything is gross.

I don't know what was with the bunnies, it was strange! I just wanted to get our pictures done and get out of there, maybe they could sense that or something! :laughing:

I can't believe it either, but I'm actually fine with one trip this year. I do keep bothering him about it, just to see if he will say yes, but if he doesn't, it's fine. I just really want to book the fall if that's the only time we're going. I'm having Brandon call to check to see if we have a pin code, he called last year and we did, so I'm hoping for the same luck this year!

I haven't seen the Nemo show, but I have a feeling the Lion King one is better. The Nemo one seems creepy, with the people holding those fish puppets. Although if John doesn't like the movie, I doubt he will like the show!

No, I haven't tried Boma for dinner yet, I'm afraid. I'm afraid of Sanaa too, and Jiko for that matter. I'm not very adventurous when it comes to eating.:rolleyes1

Starting your morning at AKL for breakfast and wandering around the lodge sounds like a great idea. You still should just stay at the resort sometime. ;)

Aww, Thumper and Miss Bunny are so cute. Hopefully some day I'll get lucky and see Miss Bunny.

LOVE your new mug! That is awesome.

I do want to stay at AKL someday! I love it there! It just seems so far away, I love being in the middle of everything, at the MK or Epcot resorts! :banana:

I love the bunnies, they're adorable! I hope they don't get rid of them anytime soon and you can meet Miss Bunny!

Thanks, I've wanted that mug for a while, I can't believe I have it now! :lovestruc

I want those Minnie Ears! So adorable!!!

Festival of the Lion King is the BEST show at Disney, no doubt about it!!!

I agree that the lioness looks so cute and cuddly. My little female cat sometimes looks like a lioness, so cute!

Aren't they so cute? The only bad thing was, they were really tight on my head, so I only wore them for a short while. :( My other ears are fine, but those were really tight for some reason.

I haven't seen many Disney shows, but I don't see how anything can be better than FOTLK!

Isn't the lioness adorable? I have a boy Maine Coon who is orange and fluffy and I always tell him he's a little lion cub! :love:

I also saw that mug in a few different trip reports and knew that I had to have it. It's just too cute. I can't wait to buy my own.

I love that mug! I would have never known about it if it wasn't for the DIS and TR's! :woohoo:

I have to try Boma for breakfast. We had dinner there and have to agree that juice is absolutely AMAZING!

I love your tree of life pic and enjoyed FOTLK just as much when I saw it as well. I was glad I was in the Lion section as the noise was easy tto make! :rotfl:

Yay on meeting the characters but what was with the awkward pics...oh well at least you'll be able to look at them and laugh!

Boma is great for breakfast! I've considered going for dinner, but I'm too nervous, I'm afraid I wouldn't like anything!

Isn't FOTLK great? I wished we were in the lion section, or the giraffe. Although I don't really agree with the noise they make, they say it sounds like a sheep or lamb, right? I've never heard a giraffe make that noise! :laughing:

Haha, yeah, those pics are so weird, but now I look at them and they are so funny, that's why I had to post them here! I knew DIS'ers would appreciate them!

Boma really is the greatest way to start an Animal Kingdom day! Plus, the juice, banana bread, goat cheese and chive eggs and breakfast sausage are AMAZING. :love: It's a must do for DH and I every trip!

Maybe the bunnies were arguing? :laughing: Or maybe Brandon should have stood a little closer to you? When we took a picture with Baloo at AK, I am 99% sure I stepped on his foot. EMBARASSING.

FOTLK is such a great show. That show and Flame Tree BBQ are the top 2 reasons why I couldn't skip AK.

That just flat out stinks that Brandon won't budge. :sad2: Where does he want to go? Greg and I were debating between Washington DC and Disneyland for our trip in late March/early April and we ultimately decided on Disneyland. We both are a lot more excited about it. Have you tried the Disneyland route with him? New places to eat, some different attractions plus you can do some non-Disney things such as visit San Diego Zoo, go to LA or the beach, etc.

I think Boma is a must do for us on each trip, too, especially if we give Crystal Palace a rest for a little while! It's nice eating breakfast without a character in your face. Although I really want to try Cape May for breakfast, and they have characters!

OMG I would cry if I stepped on a character's foot! :scared1: I'm always so afraid of doing something like that when I'm near a character, that's why I just say hi, take my picture, and go!

We finally tried Flame Tree (should be in my next update!) and it's so good! I can't believe there is so much I've been missing out on in AK!

Honestly I think I could get Brandon to give in and take 2 trips this year if I really, really beg. I'm just not sure I want to! I mean, of course I want to go to Disney, but I'm not sure I want to spend all that money!

I do, however, need to go to Disneyland! We always say we'll go next year, and then it gets pushed back to the year after...someday! If I could do whatever I wanted this year, I'd go to Disney World in May, and Disneyland in December for Christmas. That would be amazing! If I go to Disneyland, it has to be for the holidays, I have to see the Haunted Mansion/Nightmare before Christmas thing!

Awkward character pictures? :rotfl: I like them Jen! They are all really cute although you guys are a little far apart in the second one. I like the one with Meeko!

So glad you got "the mug" at AK! Isn't it the best when you get to see the Mickey Head at the bottom?

Nice safari pics, especially the signature pics. And you got the lioness! I failed AGAIN to get the lion or the lioness this trip. So bummed! But I did get the tigers and a leopard.

I'm glad you both loved FOTLK!

Cute ears!

Thanks! I'm not sure I like these pics, exactly, but they're funny!

I love that mug! I love the bottom! That makes the mug so much better! :rotfl:

I was so happy to see the lioness, she's so cute! Usually we just see the male, and he's passed out!

I'm so happy we finally saw FOTLK! :yay:

Great start to your AK day!

IDK what was up with Thumper and Miss Bunny... they probably didn't realize how far apart they were standing from each other! They aren't THAT bad though! :thumbsup2 Although I was cracking up at Brandon's reasoning for crouching! :rotfl2:

That's a good pic of the lioness! I have a TON of the male from last year but I don't think I've ever gotten pics of the females before. Nice job!

LOVE that coffee mug! I hope they still have them when I get there in July!

Thanks! Maybe they didn't realize it, I just know I felt really weird taking those pictures...I wanted it to hurry up and be over! :laughing:

I'm sure they will still have that mug, I've been seeing it on TR's for a while, so I think it's pretty popular in AK! :cool1:

I LOVE FOTLK!!! We always see it! :D So glad you loved it too!!!

We've never been to BOMA for breakfast. We always eat dinner there and it's always delicious! I can only imagine breakfast being just as good :D

I always take TONS of pictures everytime I go on the safari, even though I already have a million from previous times! LOL :D

I can't wait to do FOTLK again, although I probably won't do it every trip, so we don't get bored with it!

Boma is really good for breakfast, probably my favorite! Although Crystal Palace is good too, but Boma is a little more peaceful without the characters!

I think the next time I go on the safari I might just watch and not take pictures! You know, like every time I watch the fireworks and say I won't take pictures! :rotfl:

I love that mug! Breakfast at Boma before AK day sounds perfect. I think the awkward character pictures have a lot of...character. They're very unique. :thumbsup2

I hope something works out for May. It's always slightly uncomfortable when you don't have a trip booked.

I love doing breakfast at Boma before AK, you have to start your day a little earlier, but it's worth it! :thumbsup2 Haha, yeah, I guess you could say those pics have a lot of character! They're very strange. I should frame them! :rotfl:

I hope we can go in May, but if we can't, I'll live. :confused3 I think I'm just anxious to book a trip, and since there are already discounts out for May, I can book that now! Who knows when the Fall discounts will be out! :scared1:

That mug looks so awesome!!!! :love:

As soon as I saw that picture, I texted Alex at work with that photo and asked, "Can we go to AK so I can get this??"

Of course he said no....:confused3

Ahhh...I just can't over how cool that mug is. I love Mickey heads and animal print has a special meaning to me (because Alex proposed in front of giraffes) so anytime I see either of them I freak out a little.

Anyways...moving on. Glad your AK day has started off well. Glad you enjoyed FoTLK, it's my favorite. The songs just put you in a good mood and you leave feeling all cheery.

Those photos are definitely different...:laughing: I don't get why you and Brandon are about a million miles apart. :confused3

Ohh, you guys should go to AK one weekend, just to get that mug, why not? You live close enough, right? :thumbsup2 Just tell Alex how it has special meaning to you and he'll give in!

FOTLK was a great way to start our day at AK, I love the Lion King songs! :woohoo:

Haha, I don't get it either! You figure the PP photographer would have said to stand closer together...maybe he thought it was funny or something! :laughing:

This is completely random, but I just have to tell you that ever since chapter 13 of this TR ("Just Around the Corner is a Fantasyland") I have had the MK Welcome Medley stuck in my head and on repeat on my ipod. I can not stop singing that song! :laughing:

I love the character photos at AK -- I think you guys look cute.

I'm glad you got the mug. I got mine at the AKL gift shop at Jambo in September and I use it every single day...I love it.

I'm so glad you enjoyed Festival of the Lion King. I can't wait to see it in a little over two weeks.

What a fun Trip Report. One day just me and the Hubby will get back alone!

This is completely random, but I just have to tell you that ever since chapter 13 of this TR ("Just Around the Corner is a Fantasyland") I have had the MK Welcome Medley stuck in my head and on repeat on my ipod. I can not stop singing that song! :laughing:

Haha, I love that song, it always gets stuck in my head too! :rotfl:

I love the character photos at AK -- I think you guys look cute.

I'm glad you got the mug. I got mine at the AKL gift shop at Jambo in September and I use it every single day...I love it.

I'm so glad you enjoyed Festival of the Lion King. I can't wait to see it in a little over two weeks.

Thanks! Haha, I don't think those pictures are cute, but they are definitely funny! :rotfl:

I use my mug every day too, I love it SO much! :lovestruc I'm so glad we saw the Festival of the Lion King, finally, it's such a great show!

What a fun Trip Report. One day just me and the Hubby will get back alone!

Thank you! :) I hope you get to take your trip with your hubby soon! :banana:

Help!!!

Hi guys! So I have a Disney dilemma. The best kind, right? :rotfl:

Anyway, I'm sure you all know by now how I've been hoping to go to Disney in May, even though Brandon said it's not happening.

Well, it seems like I might be able to convince him.

I got him to kind of agree to do a short, 5 day May trip and then a short 6 day November trip. Why November, after our AP's expire? Because you know how I love Disney at Christmas, and we've gone twice in November and it's probably my favorite month to go, and I was hoping to catch the last few days of the Food and Wine festival, and see some Christmas decorations. Both trips would we would stay at mods, I'm thinking CBR and POFQ.

What's the dilemma?

I'm not sure I want to do this. I know, makes no sense, right?

The first problem is, we won't be staying at a deluxe if we do 2 trips. It might sound stupid, but I LOVE staying in the deluxe resorts. I was really looking forward to staying in an Epcot resort this year for Food and Wine.

The second is, I don't know if I feel like starting to save $$ for vacation yet. I'm trying to pay off some credit cards, and save money, and if I had to start saving for vacation already, I could still do all that, but with less $$.

Oh and there's also the problem of Brandon not wanting to go in May. He might have agreed, or kind of agreed, but I know he's only saying yes to shut me up. :sad2:

Even though I want to do 2 trips SO bad, and I think I might have talked Brandon into it, I almost feel like I'd rather just do one long, deluxe September trip. If we did a September trip, our dates would most likely be the 22nd-30th and I was thinking of maybe doing the new Tower of Terror 5K the last weekend.

I just feel like whatever I pick is wrong. And I need to decide if we're going to actually go in May, because I have to book it and buy plane tix and everything! One minute I just want to do one long trip, and the next I tell myself there's no way I can wait til September and am ready to book May.

Please help! I honestly don't know what is the better option here. 2 short trips at mods or one long trip at a deluxe? It's driving me crazy! :scared1:

Thanks for any advice! :flower3:

If it was my choice, I would go for the one long trip. You can stay at a Deluxe, be there for F & W Festival AND the Christmas decorations (if you go with November instead of September), you'll have more time to save, and Brandon will be more excited to go. You don't want a repeat of 'Boring Brandon," do you? :laughing: It sucks that you won't get another use out of your APs, and I know it's hard to think about NOT going again in May, but I think ultimately you will be happier come September or November.

I think one long trip as well, but that's definitely our preferred touring style! And I would love to stay at the Boardwalk resorts. Maybe right at the beginning of Food and Wine? The Tower of Terror 5k sounds fun as well!

I vote for one trip in the fall. I would go in Sept so that the APs get another use. The TOT run sounds fun too.

I think if you make Brandon go back again in May, you'll both be miserable and he'll turn out like John who is still on his 10 year ban of Disney.

If you just do one trip you can stay at a deluxe. I think you should try AKL, it is a great place to spend some time out of the parks.

I wouldn't plan a Nov. trip if you will have to buy tickets again. That would just annoy me, since I just had a perfectly good AP that really went to waste.

totally the sept trip. ill be there sept 20 -30 and i love september and you can get the first unofficial day of food and wine. I think maybe dont do may bc he will totally be burnt out of disney. either just sept or november! plus pay off credit cards and then start saving for your deluxe hotel....Jenn

I guess I am in the minority. I think I'd do the two trips. You can enjoy the milder weather in May and most kids are still in school; and in Novmeber you can catch the tale end of F&W as you said and see some of the Christmas decorations.

Personally, it doesn't bother me not staying at a deluxe...I like my moderate and am quite content there. Also, the trip in September is part of the time frame we were there and it just seemed so much more crowded this year...although that could have been we were closer to F&W (which we've still never done) and the fact that it was the 40th anniersary. We are going a little earlier this year (we'll be there September 14-21); if I'm not happy with this time frame, we'll be going back to the Labor Day period whether Mark likes it or not. :laughing:

***Also, you know that you'll get there in September if you do the one "long" trip and want to take another trip for the Christmas decorations and Brandon may not agree to that.

Ultimately it's going to be your decision but I know what it feels like to "deal with" a Disney trip being so far off in the distance-and not knowing what to do with yourself until then. That being said, I think you should do one long trip this fall. Might I also suggest trying to rent DVC points to save even more $$.

Pay down/off those credit cards and get another use out of those APs! Both are great financial decisions and I'm sure when you're on your trip this fall you will be happy with your decision.

Now, what you really need advice with is, "What to do to fight the Disney blues". I like to make lists of all of the restaurants that I want to try, all of the new things I want to experience, our must dos, play with dates/resorts/costs. Start a PTR and share memories from your past trips.

I think you should do the one long trip in September. Brandon is already burnt out so I think a happy Brandon is better than a crabby one. Plus what if you go in May and then he says that's it, no more and before you know it November is out the window. I know I am stretching this, but I can picture Kyle (my DH) being the same way. If you wait until September it also gives you more time to save money/pay down your CC. You can also hope that if you give Brandon the break of not going until September maybe you can sneak in a 3 day trip in November :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter