"One More Waffle!" An October 2011 TR! *Update 4/24, pg 70-The End!*

We LOVE Cape May! Miguel does much like Brandon and keeps going back, and back and just stuffs himself. He says it's his favorite restaurant at Disney. I am so excited to stay at the Beach Club after your update! I hope we love it as much as you guys do! :goodvibes

The Beach Club is a resort on my wish list of places to stay :)

I LOVE DHS at night :) the lights and atmosphere is just wonderful!

We LOVE Cape May! Miguel does much like Brandon and keeps going back, and back and just stuffs himself. He says it's his favorite restaurant at Disney. I am so excited to stay at the Beach Club after your update! I hope we love it as much as you guys do! :goodvibes

We love Cape May too! It's Brandon's new favorite, it's replaced Le Cellier! :scared1: I try not to stuff myself at buffets, but it's hard when there is so much stuff you want to try!

You are going to LOVE the Beach Club! :love: It's so beautiful! I really want to try the Boardwalk or Yacht Club on our next trip, but I have this strange feeling I might be back at the BC, I really, really love it there!

The Beach Club is a resort on my wish list of places to stay :)

I LOVE DHS at night :) the lights and atmosphere is just wonderful!

I love the Beach Club! I want to try the other Epcot resorts, but I feel like being so close to BC and NOT staying there might make me depressed! :laughing:

DHS at night is so pretty! I just love DHS in general, I really love the old Hollywood feel of it! I can't believe so many people don't like that park!

Alright now, caught up on BOTH your TRs... WOOT! WOOT! And I can't believe there is STILL so much to come for this TR. YOWZER! You just pack so much into one trip. I wish I could go on two week long trips... *sigh* :cloud9: And I'm definitely taking note of Cape May now, sounds like a really good place for the seafood AND the other options lol :thumbsup2 to getting rid of your Big Baby Vinylmation and getting a cute little Marie one. I'm still very confused on how trading works with Vinylmation (the reason why I stick to pins)... do you go to a store, grab a box and then say "I'll trade this." I just... don't know. :confused3 Explain please... ;)

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

DHS at night is one of my favorite times to go. I love how all the attractions and shops are lit up, and the atmosphere is just so hyped. :thumbsup2
Anything Oreo sounds delicious! I got hungry just looking at the picture. :laughing:

Great update :) Looks like you guys enjoyed Cape May, esp Brandon :teeth: Bless him calling his dad to tell him all about it. Least you know what to tempt him with now for future trips ;)

For someone who is not keen on seafood, but likes shellfish would you recommend CM? I hear good things about it and am quite curious :)

Yay for getting the Marie vinyl, she is cute isn't she :)

Alright now, caught up on BOTH your TRs... WOOT! WOOT! And I can't believe there is STILL so much to come for this TR. YOWZER! You just pack so much into one trip. I wish I could go on two week long trips... *sigh* :cloud9: And I'm definitely taking note of Cape May now, sounds like a really good place for the seafood AND the other options lol :thumbsup2 to getting rid of your Big Baby Vinylmation and getting a cute little Marie one. I'm still very confused on how trading works with Vinylmation (the reason why I stick to pins)... do you go to a store, grab a box and then say "I'll trade this." I just... don't know. :confused3 Explain please... ;)

Haha, seriously, I need to stop planning so much for every trip, we do go a little crazy! Sometimes I'm surprised that Brandon just doesn't flat out refuse to get out of bed! :rotfl:

Vinylmation trading is really easy, you just buy one, see which one you get, and if you don't want it, go up to the register and ask to trade it. You will know where you can trade because they will have a little clear box with 3 Vinyls in it on display...you can either trade for one of them in the clear box, or you can take your chances with the blind box, where you just pick a random number and they are supposed to give you whatever you get. Some CM's are pretty laid back about it, they might let you pick twice, or like the one that gave me Marie, they will ask if you are looking for something specific. It's fun! :cool1:

DHS at night is one of my favorite times to go. I love how all the attractions and shops are lit up, and the atmosphere is just so hyped. :thumbsup2
Anything Oreo sounds delicious! I got hungry just looking at the picture. :laughing:

Isn't DHS at night so perfect? That's why I don't mind if we go and don't get much done in terms of attractions, sometimes just being there is enough!

The Oreo bonbons are SO good! I wish I could find a recipe for them! :cool1:

Great update :) Looks like you guys enjoyed Cape May, esp Brandon :teeth: Bless him calling his dad to tell him all about it. Least you know what to tempt him with now for future trips ;)

For someone who is not keen on seafood, but likes shellfish would you recommend CM? I hear good things about it and am quite curious :)

Yay for getting the Marie vinyl, she is cute isn't she :)

Brandon is trying so hard to get his parents to come to Disney with us, they always say they want to, but they always end up going other places instead! I'd love to have them come, I think they would like it just for all the restaurants! :laughing: And it would be fun to go with first timers, although, they'd probably get sick of me making them run around all day!

Yes, you should definitely do Cape May! They have all kinds of seafood and shellfish, and lots of other stuff too, you will never be hungry there! It's really, really good! I wouldn't be surprised if it turned into a 2 TS credit place sooner or later!

I love my Marie Vinyl! I just realized her head is backwards in the pic that I put up, though! :rotfl:

I LOVE DHS :)

MY rankings of the parks are ::
DHS
MK/EPCOT (tied )
& AK

DHS was my favorite park when I was a kid! Now I'd say it's 2nd, tied with MK. Epcot is obviously my favorite park ever! :love:

I love my Marie Vinyl! I just realized her head is backwards in the pic that I put up, though! :rotfl:

You know...when I first saw the pic, I was like "I think her head is on backwards...." :rotfl::rotfl: I didn't say anything because I wasn't positive and I didn't want to look like an idiot! I know hardly ANYTHING about vinylmations...except that Lumar and I seem to have pretty good luck with them! I just wish they kept them for sale a little longer...We went to Westfarms to the Disney store and saw The Lion King set...well of course, we had to get a couple.... I got Mufasa and Pumbaa, which is fine because obviously, I would want that whole set...but it was out for like 2 weeks and then it was gone! We went there again on my birthday and the CM there told us the Villains set was gone practically the first day it was out... we bought two of the Alice in Wonderland ones and got both the March Hare and The White Rabbit (which is all we really wanted since we love bunnies!) and we got two free Cutesters... Lumar said the only one he wanted was the jelly donut and that's what he got...and funnily enough, it was my birthday and I got the one that looks like a present!

I always have room for a Turkey Leg!

Sunday, 10/2 continued

Once I got sick of seeing the Osborne Lights and whining to Brandon about taking a December trip, only to have him tell me no every single time I asked about it, we went to do something else. We walked through the Muppet store

P1000512.jpg

and I wanted to buy one of these

P1000513.jpg

but I didn't feel like carrying it around all night. So I thought if I took a picture of it, that would remind me to go back and buy it later. Bad idea. Who looks through their pictures before they leave the park? Ok, I'm sure a lot of people do, but not me. So that was not a good reminder for me, and I never bought my stuffed Swedish Chef.

Since we were so close to Star Tours and apparently like to torture ourselves, we decided to go on it again. We can't resist a ride with no wait! Luckily, we were feeling much better by then and it was a fun ride this time! I think it might have been the time that I was the Rebel Spy, but I can't remember! If it ever happens again, I'll have to make a note of it, because at the time, I didn't think it was a big deal!

I was ready at that point to go on Tower of Terror, so we made our way over there. It was pretty dark at that point, I didn't feel like I was so stuffed that I wanted to explode anymore, and the Tower of Terror is pretty much my whole reason for living when I'm in DHS at night.

P1000514.jpg

I LOVE Roger Rabbit! Wish he was more popular!

Finally, we're here!!!

P1000516.jpg

:love:

I didn't make any notes of their being a wait time, so I'm guessing it was pretty short. I took lots of pictures of the queue area, because I'm obsessed with anything Tower of Terror related, and no one was behind us, so why not?

P1000517.jpg

P1000519.jpg

LOVE this picture! So creepy!

P1000520.jpg

I love the lobby area so much! :lovestruc I wish I could hop the rope for a few minutes and really look at all the details, I feel like you have no time to look at everything when you go in!

Someday I'm going to get a picture of the library, since that seems like a fun little room that you could explore if they would just let you! But as soon as you step in and rush to the opposite side so you're the first one out the door (come on, like you all don't do that? :laughing:) it's already dark in there!

The ride was amazing, as always, I don't think there will ever be a time where I'll say "I hated ToT that time, it's the worst ride ever, I don't think I'll go on again anytime soon." It's the best ride ever. EVER! If something ever happens where I stop liking ToT, I think I'd have to stop going to Disney for a while, because part of the excitement that leads up to going to Disney is knowing I will get to ride ToT numerous times. :goodvibes

I think after we exited ToT we tried to go on RnRC, but as usual, the line was too long, so we didn't bother. I love RnRC, but not enough to wait 40 minutes for it, you know? So we walked up the street a little, and noticed the HUGE line for Fantasmic. I mean, ridiculous. Keep in mind that it was already EMH, so this was the 2nd showing for the night. I assumed the line would be much shorter for this showing! I kind of wanted to see Fantasmic that night, since we only saw it once, in 2008, and never bothered with it again.

Of course, Brandon wanted nothing to do with that line, and neither did I, so we agreed that we would just skip it for yet another year. :sad2: I was kind of upset, so to ease my sorrows, I decided I would cheer myself up with a turkey leg. So Brandon got in line for me

P1000525.jpg

and I took a picture of the Fantasmic crowd

P1000523.jpg

and found us a table. I did take a picture of the turkey leg, but it came out really dark for some reason, so I'm not going to bother putting it up, but you guys all know what they look like, right?

And I'm sure you're thinking "ok, this girl just stuffed herself at Cape May and now she's already eating a turkey leg?" Well, let me explain. First, hours have went by since Cape May. Hours! And second, you know how no matter how full you are, you always have room for dessert? Well that's how I am with certain Disney snacks...I always have room for Disney popcorn and a turkey leg. :thumbsup2

So we ate our turkey leg and watched the Fantasmic crowd go in and basically disappear while we were eating. Brandon suggested maybe we should just walk in and see what kind of seats we could find. Why not, it's not like we had anything else planned!

After the hike into the theater, we looked around for seats near the exits, since we wanted to get out quickly once it was over. The CM's were directing people where to sit, so we told one that we wanted to be near the exits. He said that since there are only 2 of us, to go to the middle and just go down the steps and sit on one of the ends of the rows, so we could be the first ones out of the row at least. We did that, and we ended up getting such great seats! We were almost right in the front, in the middle of the theater! We kept talking about how people wait in that long line for an hour to get these seats, and we just walked in 10 minutes before it started and sat down! Crazy!

Since I didn't remember anything about Fantasmic from seeing it in 2008, I just wanted to sit and watch and not take pictures. Of course, I ended up taking a few, although they're not that great, I couldn't figure out which setting on my camera I should use!

P1000528.jpg

P1000538.jpg

I LOVED the Pocahontas part! It was my favorite part of the whole thing, again, another Disney movie that I love that is pretty much ignored in the parks! :thumbsup2

P1000546.jpg

P1000547.jpg

P1000549.jpg

I really liked Fantasmic, I'm glad we ended up doing it! I can't believe people actually plan their whole day around this show, but I guess if it's really busy, it makes sense. For us though, if we want to see it, we'll just walk in right before it's going to start! It's definitely not something I need to do on every trip, but once in a while it will be nice to see!

We hopped in the ToT line again because well, why not, we're there, and did that one last time, and then decided it was time to go, we were getting tired! It was pretty late by then and the park would be closing soon, so I was happy we made it so long!

I took a few pics on the way out:

P1000555.jpg

(I love this one! My zoom on this camera is SO amazing!! I mean, you all know how high up that Pluto is!)

P1000556.jpg

P1000557.jpg

Goodnight, Hollywood Studios! That is unfortunately the only time we would be there at night during this trip, so I'm glad we spent a lot of time there!

And that's the end of Day 4! I still have 5 and a half more days to go! :yay:

Up next...Animal Kingdom!!

Thanks for the ToT pictures! That is not a ride for me, but I do remember that I loved the queue area a lot, so I always enjoy seeing photos of it.

I know what you mean about snacking at WDW. It seems like I walk away from meals completely stuffed, but a few hours later I am ready for more food. But I look at it as a good thing, because it means I get to eat tons of amazing Disney food. :love:

Fantasmic is a great show, but definitely not worth waiting in huge lines for. Glad you two were able to get amazing seats with the hassle of crowds!:thumbsup2

Oh, turkey legs! To quote my niece, who is a vegetarian, "If I were going to eat meat, it would be a Disney turkey leg!" :lmao:

And I'm with you on ToT, too. BEST. RIDE. EVER.

Great update! Your pics came out AWESOME! I really wish we could get to DHS at night on our July trip, but the only time they're having PM EMH is on our arrival day and we aren't doing a park that day.

That's so cool you were able to get into Fantasmic! I'll have to remember that for when Lumar and I go again by ourselves.

I can practically smell your turkey leg and I am SOOO hungry!

As I was looking at your TOT queue pictures, I thought they were mine! We took the exact same photos. :laughing: It's my favorite ride too! We missed it on our first trip because it was the one ride RON's DD was adamant about not doing. Next time we go we don't care if she doesn't want to try it, we are doing it. Even better, she can just take care of Peanut while we go on it. :wizard:

Why didn't you buy the Muppet souvenir and just have it sent to your resort? We did that our whole trip and it was amazing never having to carry anything around! The only time you can't do it is on your last full day, or possibly very late the day before that. Otherwise it's pretty easy to use.

When it's late at night, even if RNR is showing a wait time of 40 minutes I suggest going to ask the CM about it. When we did she said it was not even 10 minutes and she was right. We basically just walked on! If not, single-rider line also goes pretty fast, and you often end up on the same train. We even ended up in the same car, just one in front of each other once.

We did the exact same thing you did for Fantasmic and will never do it any other way. We just sat around eating a snack and watching the big line of people going in, only joining them at the very last minute. We even were able to score seats in the very last row close to the exit, so we were able to make our quick escape and get to the buses before the hordes of people.

Great ToT queue pics. I have to confess that since I'm a big chicken, I've never seen the queue. Very cool! :thumbsup2

No calories in Disney. You'll get no judgment from me snacking after dinner. :)

So glad you guys share my love of the Beach Club. Although, second confession, I've never eaten at Cape May. Sounds like you guys loved it though!!

How cool you were the rebel spy in Star Tours! :darth:

Sorry you forgot to purchase your Swedish Chef... there's always next time!

I was so disappointed when you said you were going to skip Fantasmic! I'm very happy that you ended up doing it. :) I agree with you that it's not something that has to be done every trip, though.

You know, I've never had a turkey leg in Disney (or anywhere else for that matter)? :scared1: I know! My brother got one back in 2004 and seemed to enjoy it. Maybe next time...

Great update, Jen.

I'm with you -- TOT if my favorite ride at Disney and I could do it over and over again. Although the Studios is definitely our least favorite park, we make sure to go at least a half day so I can do TOT.

I'm glad you got to see Fantasmic and got such great seats walking in just 10 minutes before showtime.

The Muppet store looks so cute! I've recently begun an obsession with those guys. I still need to see the movie though like everything else. Sorry to hear you didn't buy the Swedish Chef plush, gotta love that guy. "Ahertidertiturkeyahertidertiturkey..." I think that's what he's saying lol What do I know?!

That's awesome you were the Rebel Spy on Star Tours! Hopefully when I go back I'll get the chance to be the one everyone's trying to kill :cloud9: Yeah, pretty messed up right there lol

I LOOOVVEEE ToT! I can only imagine what my old self would say if they saw me writing that. Every ride I'm terrified of I end up liking once I ride it lol But seriously it's one of the best rides Disney has ever created. The whole storyline, the detail, the innovative ride technology itself, I could go on and on about this thing, it really is so great. I would have to agree with you on the fact that if I didn't like it anymore I'd probably not go to Disney for awhile or just shorten my DHS day. :confused3

For a second there I was nervous you weren't going on Fantasmic at all. :thumbsup2 to Turkey Legs, btw, they need some love on these boards ::yes:: Anyways... I'm so glad you did, even though you may not like it as much as some of us, I'm glad to hear you guys did it and you got great seats 10 MINUTES BEFORE THE SHOW! But really there always seems to be room in those places. When I went, we were one of the last people to enter and we got seats up fairly close with tons of room to put our food down to eat. Though... we did go during an off-season :/

BIG BIG BIG BIG :thumbsup2 to my main man, Pluto all perky and glowing up there! ;) Gotta give a shout out to him.

DBF is absolutely DETERMINED to have a turkey leg on this trip, he's been eyeing those for quite a few trips by now! They seem like a snack that he'd definitely enjoy! (I'm more of a cupcake person :laughing:)

That's awesome that you guys were able to get great seats at Fantasmic with 10 minutes before the show! I'm not a big fan of F!, but with that kind of wait, I would definitely go too!

Great Tot queue pictures. You are doing a great job with your low light pictures. I am very impressed. :thumbsup2 I got a few in the queue in December, but I kept feeling like I was walking too slow and people on my heels were impatient.

That happened to us once with Fantasmic. We came off Tot and there was something saying, "Fantasmic starts in 4 minutes. Come on in now". And we got great seats. It was obviously meant to be.

Great evening at HS! Sounds like a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter