"One More Waffle!" An October 2011 TR! *Update 4/24, pg 70-The End!*

This sounds fun!!!! I love finding fellow Dsiney freaks!!!!! :lovestruc I have converted my DH and my 16 DS has got it bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a wonderful trip! We are planning on staying at the WL too so I can't wait for you to start the report!

I'm here. Found my way over from your PTR. So glad that you have started. I leave tomorrow for the World so I will catch up when I return.

P.S.- Can't wait to try a Belgian waffle.

Hi everyone! I just realized that again, I forgot to reserve a spot for chapter links, just like I did in my PTR. :sad2: So once I get going, I'll just be adding chapter links to the first post! I can't believe I forgot again!!! :eek:

Thanks so much to everyone for joining, I can't wait to get started! I will TRY to get my first update posted tonight, but if not, definitely tomorrow! :cool1:

Subbing and going back to read!

All caught up! Love the intros and yay on being able to return to your beloved Wilderness Lodge! :cool1:

Love the title and the reason behind it. Looking forward to reading more! :goodvibes

Yay, you were first on my PTR and now my TR! :thumbsup2

Loved being back at the WL, it really feels like home! Can't wait to actually get started with some updates!

Darn.too slow

2nd's not too bad. :banana:

Your title drew me in. I :love: waffles and can't wait to get one next week!

:welcome: You're going to WDW next week?? Be sure to stop by the Belgium booth, it's one of my favorites! :woohoo:

I'm here! Great start! Can't wait to hear all about it :yay:

Yay, thanks, so glad you're here! :yay:

I'm here! Love the title! :-) Can't wait to read all about! :mickeyjum

Woo hoo, thanks, I'm pretty happy with the title, I'm SO bad of thinking of cute, creative titles! :laughing:

I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Yay, so happy you're here! :goodvibes

Yay! You began your trip report! Just subscribed and now can't wait to follow along! :thumbsup2

Yay, thanks for joining, I'll hopefully be getting started soon! :banana:

SO excited to read about your trip!!! :dance3:

Yay, I was wondering where you've been! :laughing: So happy you're here! :thumbsup2

Hey I'm here to follow along. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip. You're title is making me regret not trying the belgian waffle now :laughing:

Hi, glad you're here! LOL, the waffle was really, really good! I was a little skeptical at first, because I'm not a big fan of berries, but everything together was just SO good! :cool1:

I'm here!! And now I want waffles! :laughing:

Woo hoo, you're here! :woohoo: A waffle would be really good right about now! :thumbsup2

I'm heeeeeeere! :teeth:

Yay!!! :goodvibes Glad you're here, I was gonna text you to let you know I started, but you made it over here before I even had to! :thumbsup2

I'm here!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! And, now I want a waffle.

Glad you're here! LOL, it seems like I'm going to be hearing that a lot, I'm making everyone crave waffles! :rotfl2:

I'm here!

I can make you one more waffle. My mom's from Belgium, so it's our specialty. :goodvibes

Yay! :woohoo: LOL, that must be nice, having Belgian waffles whenever you want! Although, I could also see that being a problem...:laughing:

I am here and subscribing! :banana:

Yay, glad you made it over! :yay:

Jen, I am here. Great introductions. I LOVE the title of the TR.

I can't wait to read more.

Hey Kathy, glad you made it!! :banana: I can't wait to get started!

Waffles?! I'm totally in.

:welcome: Thanks for joining!

:wave:So excited to see your trip report, can't wait to read about your adventure!
Oh how I would looove to stay at Wilderness Lodge someday:goodvibes

Thanks, I can't wait to start updating, I'm still in the middle of uploading pics, so I want to get most of that done before I update! It's taking forever! :eek:

I hope you can stay at the WL someday, it's amazing! :lovestruc

Can't wait to read more of your trip report!

:welcome: Thanks for joining, I can't wait to get started!!

Joining in!! :cool1:

Yay, so happy you're here Nikki! :woohoo: I can't wait to see how the days that we were there at the same time compare, I know we were at the same MNSSHP! I looked for Potato Head costumes, and actually saw some, but none of them were you! :eek:

I'm joining too:) Waffles...YUM

:welcome: Thanks for joining! I don't think anyone can resist a good waffle! :thumbsup2

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

:welcome: Thanks for joining, glad to have you!

This sounds fun!!!! I love finding fellow Dsiney freaks!!!!! :lovestruc I have converted my DH and my 16 DS has got it bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:welcome: Thanks for joining! Disney freaks are the best, aren't they? :woohoo: I don't have kids yet, but when I do, they better grow up to love Disney, or we're going to have some issues! :rotfl: :lmao:

Welcome home! Obviously subscribing!

Thanks! :goodvibes So happy you're here! :banana:

YAY!!! Can't wait to read all about your trip :goodvibes

Yay, so glad you're here!!! :banana:

I'm always in for your ptr's and tr's!! Can't wait to read all about it!!

Yay, thanks, I'm so happy to have you here!!! :woohoo:

Hi. :wave2: Looking forward to reading your report!

:welcome: Thanks for joining!!

Sounds like a wonderful trip! We are planning on staying at the WL too so I can't wait for you to start the report!

:welcome: Thanks for joining! You're going to love the WL, it's beautiful! :lovestruc

I'm here. Found my way over from your PTR. So glad that you have started. I leave tomorrow for the World so I will catch up when I return.

P.S.- Can't wait to try a Belgian waffle.

Yay, glad you're here! :banana: Can't believe you're trip is here, yay! Have a great time! :woohoo:

Can't wait to hear your review! Now hand me a waffle. :cool2:

:welcome: Thanks for joining! LOL, I'd gladly share the waffles if I smuggled some home with me! :laughing:

I'm back from WDW and ready to hear about your trip! Glad things went well! And YUM to the waffles! :thumbsup2

No Better Feeling :)

Hi everyone! Ready to get this TR started, finally! Before I do get started, I want to apologize for the lack of pictures in this update, and if the travel part of arrival day might be a little boring. I'm going to try to make the travel portion kind of brief and have this update get us up to arriving in Disney! I actually started before, but I deleted everything I wrote, it was just way too much detail about arriving at the airport!

Anyway, here we go!

Thursday, 9/29

There is no better feeling than waking up and knowing you are going to Disney World that day! Even at 2:30 in the morning, after you have only slept a few hours. I was tired, but I was ready to go...I was convinced it was going to be a great day and I wanted to get moving!

I made myself a cup of tea to wake up a little, then surprisingly woke Brandon up with no arguments. We got our stuff together, and we were out the door!

We had to make a quick stop at 7-11 for gum and cough drops (I was getting over bronchitis and still had a horrible cough, and didn't want to annoy everyone on the plane!) so while I waited in the car, I snapped this picture, just to remember what time we left:

P1000055.jpg

Ohhhh, so early...

We got to the airport in no time and parked the car in a long term lot. We waited a few minutes for the shuttle to pick us up to bring us to the terminal, and when we did get on the shuttle, Brandon and the driver complained about the Red Sox the whole way, as I daydreamed about what an amazing night in Epcot we were going to have when we arrived in Orlando!

(If you are a baseball fan, you will remember that the night before, the Red Sox and Tampa Bay Devil Rays were in a tie for the Wild Card to get into the playoffs. The Sox needed to win and the Rays needed to lose...well, the opposite happened, and Brandon, and all of Red Sox Nation, was NOT happy, to say the least. At least the Yankees ended up getting knocked out in the first round of the Division Series, though. :rolleyes1)

We made it to the terminal, and checked our luggage and quickly headed over to security. The lines were not bad at all and we would have made it through pretty fast, but Brandon had powder in his carry on that they thought was suspicious, I guess. They pulled him aside and ran all these tests. When they realized that it was, in fact, just powder, we were on our merry way!

We had our usual breakfast at Mc Donald's, and then went to our Gate. Brandon chatted with a few people about the Red Sox again, and I silently freaked out about the upcoming plane ride...

Ok, not so silently:

Me-"I'm afraid of the plane."

Brandon-"You're fine"

Me-"I know I'm fine, but I'm afraid. What if the landing gear doesn't work? What if I get a blood clot? What if-"

Brandon-"You're insane. It's fine."

I'm sure that wasn't the exact conversation, but that was the basic idea. We have the same one every single time we fly. I'm not afraid of flying exactly, but I hate taking off. And turbulence. And landing. :rotfl:

My worrying was all for nothing, we had a great flight! I was amazed when we took off from rainy, gray CT that within minutes, we were in beautiful, blue, sunny skies:

P1000056.jpg

We arrived in Orlando about 20 minutes early, and hopped on the mini monorail. I LOVE this little monorail, just one of those little things that reminds me that I'm almost in Disney World!!!!

P1000059.jpg

Palm Tree!!!

When we stepped off the monorail, I turned to Brandon and said "It smells like Disney World!" I love the way Florida smells, I don't know what it is, but if I could bottle that and bring that home with me, I'd be a happy girl. :lovestruc

We went to baggage claim, grabbed our bags, and made our way over to Alamo to get our car. I always let Brandon pick the car, since he does 95% of the driving, and he picked a white Hyundai Sonata, which we both really loved.

We loaded our bags into the car, cranked up the AC (it was unbelievably HOT that day already, and it was maybe 10 am!) and we were off to Disney World!

The drive from the airport seems shorter and shorter each trip, because soon I saw this:

P1000060.jpg

Yayyy!!!

We're here!!! :banana:

Up next...lunch at Downtown Disney, checking into CSR, and our first night in the parks!

Waking up the morning you're going to Disney is always easy! I hate mornings, but I get up nice and easy when it's time to go to WDW!

That's awesome that you guys got there so early in the morning! I hate the fact that I lose an hour traveling from our central time zone, so we always land no earlier than 11ish.

I too never get sleep the night before we leave. We went to Las Vegas earlier this year and I had no problems sleeping the night before we left. But the night before leaving for Disney....maybe 3 hours. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter