One day...Disneyland park or California adventure?!

I would do Disneyland if I had to pick just one. As much as CA has improved in the last few years, it there is still considerably less to do there than at DL. Also, while there are a lot of the same rides at both DL and WDW, there are also a number of rides that WDW doesn't have (Alice in Wonderland, Toad, Submarines, etc.) and some that are significantly different (and in some cases, significantly better) such as Pirates (the WDW one is basically a Cliffs Notes version of the one at DL). Plus, as others had mentioned, a lot of the "adult" rides at CA are the ones you would have trouble with (California Screaming and the carnival-type rides). There are actually a fair number of rides at CA that are targeted more to just small children than the ones at DL (I am looking at you, Bugsland). While CA does have dining that appeals more to adults, I find that DL has more dining options that would appeal to adults than MK at WDW does (particularly in the New Orleans Square area). Also, if you go on the right day you can catch the vastly superior Fantasmic! at DL or the new nighttime parade.

if the day you are going has long hours, get a park hopper. Spend the morning and evening in DL, and the afternoon in DCA. If you really can't do a PH, then just go to DL.

For me its DL no doubt, but then I live on the west coast and can go to DL/ DCA pretty easily. I have never been to WDW. If I were in your shoes where you can go to WDW but dont have access to much of what is at the DCA park then I might choose that one.

I would suggest making or printing a list of the rides and attractions you would be interested in at each park and see which one has more of what you are looking for.

I'll be going end of August/beginning of September. Good to know there are lots of stop and chill spots in DL. I'll be factoring a lot of those into my itenirary!

Loving all these great ideas since I'm just getting started planning !

I'll be going end of August/beginning of September. Good to know there are lots of stop and chill spots in DL. I'll be factoring a lot of those into my itenirary!

Loving all these great ideas since I'm just getting started planning !
As someone who goes to the Magic Kingdom, you will really appreciate something that DL actually has a lot more of: park benches!:D

Check your dates relative to the planned renovations and closures. I read that some of the rides and other attractions have planned closures near labor Day. You may want to adjust a day or two if one of your favorites will be closed.

Oh man! I adore DCA... especially for a drink or two and walking around before Hollywood Tower... but yeah, DL I guess is the obvious option!

Unless your finances are very tight, I would still recommend the park hopper. You really must experience Cars Land and Radiator Springs Racers (rope drop and/or fast pass it) which is a true E Ticket. Also, Aladdin is the best live stage show in any theme park. And World of Color is a must. You could fit those three DCA attractions around the rest of your day at Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter