Once your flight landed, how long did it take to arrive at the resort using DME?

Our best DME experience was this past May. It was a Wednesday morning and the airport was very quiet. We were one of four or five families on the MK resort area bus. Our resort was the first stop, making the trip duration from queue to lobby less than 45 minutes.

Just got back and it took us around 1 hour and 45 minutes...the longest ever. We landed around 8:45 pm at night and got on the bus within 5 minutes of getting in line....however, at time at night, the bus didn't actually leave the airport for 25 minutes so it took us to almost 10:30 pm to get to BWV.

I know that routes are subject to change, but, generally, which resorts share the AKV bus?

I know that routes are subject to change, but, generally, which resorts share the AKV bus?
We pretty much only stay at AKV and have stopped at almost all the resorts before except the ones on the Monorail loop and Wilderness lodge.

We pretty much only stay at AKV and have stopped at almost all the resorts before except the ones on the Monorail loop and Wilderness lodge.

I had assumed Jambo and Kidani shared DME service with Coronado Springs.

I had assumed Jambo and Kidani shared DME service with Coronado Springs.
Always Coronado springs. Normally Art of Animation or Pop Century. Once and a while Beach Club or Old Key West. It depends on what flight we take. When it is later at night it feels like thy just put everyone on one bus. We are normally the only ones getting off at AKL

Yep - agreed with many on here... usually averages about an hour. Because the buses drop off value to deluxe and we've been spoiled and usual stay deluxe/DVC, it takes longer b/c the buses drop off from value resorts to deluxe resorts.

We also prefer the red eye flight. Land around 5:30AM, have the whole MDE pen to yourself. Get loaded right onto a bus, wait maybe 10-15 mins, then it's off to Contemporary. Sometimes have to make a stop at WL first. Usually less than 1.5hrs. Our worst MDE time was in 2008, arriving mid afternoon on a friday, staying at POP. Full queue, waited 45 mins or so, was at the resort in under 2 hrs. Runner up would be our one trip to AKL, where despite having a short wait at MCO, made stops at CBR and POP en route. Hey, shouldn't the Deluxe people get taken "home" first? :charac2:

Not sure how long to get to resort......but Last year I got off the plane, went directly to ME, Checked into my room, caught a bus to EPCOT and was inside the gate at exactly the 2 hour mark.

About 1 1/2 hours each time we go. bags take about 2 - 3 hours. Does not matter if we arrive early morning or late afternoon. We usually stay at OKW.

As others have mentioned it depends on when your flight arrives and the number of guest that are on the bus. There have been times where I had to wait 30 minutes before boarding the magical express and then of course it seems like I'm always the last stop and finally I arrive at my resort about hour or so later. On a few occasions I was the only person and it was just me and the driver so he went straight to my resort. I would just say expect on average to arrive in about an hour after you depart.

It has always been 1.5 hours for us. Rarely if ever do I just walk up and the bus leaves.

Our last trip....we were the only one's in line. we arrived around 8:00 PM or so. Very few people on the bus so we were the second stop and it was less then an hour. Our luggage on the other hand, well that took almost 24 hours to get all our bags.

Any thoughts if it is a late arrival? Our plane lands at 11:45pm.

I think you will have to claim your own bags if you land that late and bring them to the bus with you. I am pretty sure the luggage delivery service part cuts off at 10:00 pm arrivals. So you might have to add another 20-30 min. for baggage claim - I would guestimate 2 hours for you at that hour. The one time we had a late arrival (late being like about 9:30 pm) I just made sure to pack everything we needed for that night in our carry-ons because I knew it could be midnight before the bags showed up to the resort. Then I just called down to have them brought up the next morning. But I knew we were still landing early enough to at least tag the bags for DME - I just didn't want to wait up for them.

What if your planes JetBlue arrives at 7 pm
We have to cross the airport to get to the DME bus

At the DVC. Maybe AKL Jambo dvc studio or WLV dvc studio

Should we eat dinner at the airport
Let DME take care of our luggage
And get a DME bus around 8!pm ?

Maybe our luggage will beat us to our studio ?

What if your planes JetBlue arrives at 7 pm
We have to cross the airport to get to the DME bus

At the DVC. Maybe AKL Jambo dvc studio or WLV dvc studio

Should we eat dinner at the airport
Let DME take care of our luggage
And get a DME bus around 8!pm ?

Maybe our luggage will beat us to our studio ?

We tend to eat late so we would head to our resort ASAP, check in and then eat CS at the resort. We would not eat at the airport unless we were dying of starvation. I don't know what your options are at VWL but the Mara at Jambo House is open until at least 10:00. Maybe even 11:00 and you really should be there between 8 and 8:30 - plenty of time to find dinner after dropping your carry-on stuff in your room. Maybe by the time you finish eating yes, perhaps your luggage will arrive shortly after.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter