Once Upon A Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol...too funny...I'm glad I'm not the only one that was seeing the Aurora/Mulan love connection.

Now that the curse is broken, do you think we have any chance to meet NEW (to the show) characters? I'm thinking along the lines of Ariel, Tinker Bell, Peter Pan, Wendy, Aladdin, Jasmine, Alice (if Emma isn't her), etc. And since we're not just sticking with fairytales anymore since the whole Dr. Frankenstein thing, any other non-fairytale literary characters? I'd love to see Oz brought into the story... it has been hinted at in the show.

I think you can count on it. I think any literary world is a possibility.

The writers have said that Oz is a definite. It is just a matter of when. They also said that the Sheriff was originally going to be Sherlock Holmes but they changed their mind when the BBC did their fantastic Sherlock series.

There is no way they are going with a love connection between Mulan and Aurora. They are both in love with Prince Phillip. If memory serves, they didn't like each other very much when they first started off on this adventure. I think they are just showing how these strong women (Snow and Emma included) are bonding and forming a sisterhood type friendship while they save the people they love.

I've been thinking the same thing! I said to my husband there is definitely a spark between the 2!!

Not sure that is where the writers are going but there is something there! They have major chemistry.

I must be the only one but I think Emma is Emma. She is Snow and Charmings daughter. I dont' think she has another identity. She didn't live in Fairytale land so not sure how she can be a fairytale character.

Not sure that is where the writers are going but there is something there! They have major chemistry.

I must be the only one but I think Emma is Emma. She is Snow and Charmings daughter. I dont' think she has another identity. She didn't live in Fairytale land so not sure how she can be a fairytale character.

But she did live in Fairytale Land, she was born there and her parents put her in the wardrobe to save her.

Aurora and Mulan are totally in love. I know she seemed eager about trying to find Prince Philip near the end of the episode, but there's definitely *something* between them, more than just Mulan's promise to protect Aurora.

Thats exactly what i was thinking they have a spark

Hmmm I don't get that AT ALL. Mulan is obligated to help Aurora because of her vow to Prince Phillip.

That "something" is called mutual respect and a friendship starting to develop between 2 women.

Nope, I firmly agree. Emma is EMMA. How could she be Alice or Tink or whoever if she didn't even live in Fairytale land?

But she did live in Fairytale Land, she was born there and her parents put her in the wardrobe to save her.

She was BORN there. She didn't LIVE there. How can there even be a fairytale about her if she didn't even live there?

Hmmm I don't get that AT ALL. Mulan is obligated to help Aurora because of her vow to Prince Phillip.

That "something" is called mutual respect and a friendship starting to develop between 2 women.

I agree. I think that in the past Mulan had a thing for Philip and was likely disgusted that he chose the pretty princess over the tough warrior and that resentment built between Mulan and Aurora. Now, with Philip gone, they are starting to see the great qualities in one another.

Also, as far as Cora not being able to rip out Emma's heart. I was thinking it was due to her parents' strong love for one another and her. You know, kind of how Voldemort couldn't kill Harry when he killed his mom - he was protected by love. I am interested to see if she actually has magic of her own though, since neither of her parents have magic.

What if it turns out that Emma isn't really Snow and Charming's' daughter? It's only the middle of Season 2, there still have to be several seasons of twists and turns....

No, I'm in agreement with you. I think Emma is just Emma

I don't know what's with the "winter season break"; it seems like a lot of shows are doing that now. Grimm is done until next year as well, not sure about Bones.

I'm guessing it's because so many people are busy with the holidays. Parties, gift shopping, baking, other social functions, etc. I think they figure people are too busy to keep up with their favorite prime time shows this time of year, so they just put it on hold until after New Year's.

I think that Emma is pure magic. True love is the most powerful of all the magics and can't be created by chant or a potion. So I think that she is magic in its truest and most pure form. Gold respets that, as it is the one magic that he will never own by his hands. She is the unicorn of the story, so to speak. That doesn't mean that the rose that we admire in its beauty doesn't get cut to sit on our table, however! That just makes it fun!

As far as, Mulan and Aurora....hmmmm, my thoughts on this are bit more skewed then most. They both loved the same man. Mulan promised to protect Aurora, even at peril to herself. She is a warrior and holds her word as golden. She is a Ming dynasty fighter and has all the bravery and intent of a true Knight. So, she would keep her word to a fellow soldier and commander. As far as we can guess, he is (ducks from getting beaten on the Dis for forgetting his name!) the Captain that she ends up with.

Aurora tells Mulan they can get him back. I think Mulan has different motives and wants to get him back so she can love him in silence and so Aurora can be happy, but not her responsibilty anymore. His reserection will break the vow she made to protect her in his stead. Either that or they will just have to see who he really loves when faced with both women that have great value, but he sees and loves in different ways. One is his equal and one is his fairy tale princess, with all the weakness and protectiveness that we would expect from a Disney prince.

I do think that Mulan has realized that Aurora has more grit to her then just a pretty face, and respects that as another person, but not necessarly as another woman. She is finding out what he loved about her beyond the princess senario. I mean, they both sacrificed everything for others. Mulan by going to war and Aurora by accepting her fate to protect her kingdom. I don't see it as Mulan and Aurora are going to ride the lady train together, I see it as foes for a heart that time and circumstance have made see the better sides of each other. I don't see them as sisters in arms, but more like common goal seekers.

I think August is hiding from his father becuase of the theft of the money form Emma amd other things that eh did that went against what he was to do as the "Real Boy". He knew his father was healthy and safe during the curse, so its not like he is searching for him now, because he already knows.

I still think Bae is Henry's father and will come back for Emma, but the tension between Rumple and Emma will be a problem. I see him comming back just as Cora is about to be vanquished and giving us more juicy juice to keep our minds spinning :thumbsup2

It wasn't a character they were talking about...it was a secret nickname/codename that he had for everyone. I believe that Henry's nickname for her was Mom. He told her she couldn't handle it yet because she wasn't ready to accept that position in his (or her) life yet. At least that's the way I took that scene.
That, plus....
The storybook thatHenry had did mention the baby of Snow White and the Prince. Emma didn't know at that point that she was that baby.
I think that was the part Henry knew she was not ready for yet.

I agree.
I think that Emma is pure magic. True love is the most powerful of all the magics and can't be created by chant or a potion. So I think that she is magic in its truest and most pure form. Gold respets that, as it is the one magic that he will never own by his hands. She is the unicorn of the story, so to speak. That doesn't mean that the rose that we admire in its beauty doesn't get cut to sit on our table, however! That just makes it fun!

As far as, Mulan and Aurora....hmmmm, my thoughts on this are bit more skewed then most. They both loved the same man. Mulan promised to protect Aurora, even at peril to herself. She is a warrior and holds her word as golden. She is a Ming dynasty fighter and has all the bravery and intent of a true Knight. So, she would keep her word to a fellow soldier and commander. As far as we can guess, he is (ducks from getting beaten on the Dis for forgetting his name!) the Captain that she ends up with.

Aurora tells Mulan they can get him back. I think Mulan has different motives and wants to get him back so she can love him in silence and so Aurora can be happy, but not her responsibilty anymore. His reserection will break the vow she made to protect her in his stead. Either that or they will just have to see who he really loves when faced with both women that have great value, but he sees and loves in different ways. One is his equal and one is his fairy tale princess, with all the weakness and protectiveness that we would expect from a Disney prince.

I do think that Mulan has realized that Aurora has more grit to her then just a pretty face, and respects that as another person, but not necessarly as another woman. She is finding out what he loved about her beyond the princess senario. I mean, they both sacrificed everything for others. Mulan by going to war and Aurora by accepting her fate to protect her kingdom. I don't see it as Mulan and Aurora are going to ride the lady train together, I see it as foes for a heart that time and circumstance have made see the better sides of each other. I don't see them as sisters in arms, but more like common goal seekers.

I think August is hiding from his father becuase of the theft of the money form Emma amd other things that eh did that went against what he was to do as the "Real Boy". He knew his father was healthy and safe during the curse, so its not like he is searching for him now, because he already knows.

I still think Bae is Henry's father and will come back for Emma, but the tension between Rumple and Emma will be a problem. I see him comming back just as Cora is about to be vanquished and giving us more juicy juice to keep our minds spinning :thumbsup2
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I think that Emma is pure magic. True love is the most powerful of all the magics and can't be created by chant or a potion. So I think that she is magic in its truest and most pure form. Gold respets that, as it is the one magic that he will never own by his hands.

Emma owes Gold a debt/favor. Will he ask her for her "magic" as payment - perhaps to help vanquish Cora/Hook?

I'm all for them bringing Prince Phillip back. He's super cute LOL. Love him on Pretty Little Liars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter