• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Once Upon A Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love OUAT and was so happy to see this thread!

So, does anyone believe that August could be Rumple's son? I have a theory that he was put in the wardrobe along with Emma; hence he is the boy that found Emma alongside the road. Maybe that is why the curse isn't being broken and "true love's kiss" isn't happening like it should. There was only supposed to be enough magic for one person, but what about two children?

Interesting theory.

Though when I read your post, I couldn't help but think of Aladdin and how he says "Do you trust me?" to Jasmine before they jump out the window and again when they go flying on Carpet.

I like this - he would be a prince to her princess...problem is that he never lies...Aladin lied.

I REALLY need to go on Netflix and watch Lost, just so I know what you guys are talking about!! :lmao:

Regarding the names, most everyone's name is changed in Storybrooke. Abigail is Katherine. Ella (Cinderella) is Ashley. Thomas (Cinderella's prince) is Shawn. Jiminey is Archie. So on. The only name that didn't change is Emma (not cursed) and Henry- the name on the tomb. But in Storybrooke he has a last name. :)
Notice that we haven't seen August and Mr. Gold interact yet...
:idea:
Remember a few weeks back Mr. Gold was waterproofing some paper. hmmm...
The plot thickens!

I need to go back and see what papers Gold is waterproofing! Any idea which episode?

Regina says " there's something about him, something familiar" when speaking of August. I think he could be the EQ lost love. He could have been sent to the "real world" and is trying to break the curse too. He may even know the he needs Emma's and Henry's help to succeed. After all he was outside Regina house and wants Emma to believe.

I need to go back and see what papers Gold is waterproofing! Any idea which episode?

It would be the episode with the election. When Emma visits Mr. Gold at the shop, he is in the back room waterproofing some papers. And this week, someone is dipping papers into water...:thumbsup2

Is anyone else annoyed with the change in the opening credits? Instead of the "One knows the truth and one can break the spell" we now have, "who knows the truth" while showing Regina and Mr. Gold, and "who can break the curse" while showing Emma, August, and Henry. Part of me thinks I am reading too much into this, part thinks not enough!

It would be the episode with the election. When Emma visits Mr. Gold at the shop, he is in the back room waterproofing some papers. And this week, someone is dipping papers into water...:thumbsup2

Is anyone else annoyed with the change in the opening credits? Instead of the "One knows the truth and one can break the spell" we now have, "who knows the truth" while showing Regina and Mr. Gold, and "who can break the curse" while showing Emma, August, and Henry. Part of me thinks I am reading too much into this, part thinks not enough!

I think it does matter. Have you noticed at the beginning of each episode they show you a shady scene of what that episode will be about like this week it was the gazebo with Frederick standing in it and I think if I remember right and last episode was beauty and the beast there was a spinning wheel.

I love OUAT and was so happy to see this thread!

So, does anyone believe that August could be Rumple's son? I have a theory that he was put in the wardrobe along with Emma; hence he is the boy that found Emma alongside the road. Maybe that is why the curse isn't being broken and "true love's kiss" isn't happening like it should. There was only supposed to be enough magic for one person, but what about two children?

I laid out the math of how that isn't possible on pg. 109. In order for August to be Rumpelstiltskin's son he would have had to stop aging long before the spell was cast. Otherwise he would be in his mid 50's at least. And I believe the article said the boy that found baby Emma was 7.

As far as "true love's kiss" I fear we may have a while to go. Hopefully Mary can grow the backbone of the two and tell him to get lost. Then he has to woo her all over again and this time it will *actually* be true love, not just love-at-first-waking-up-out-of-a-coma. I think it might go hand in hand with the story of Snow White drinking the "forget about James" potion. How she has to fall in love with him again there too.

But I seriously think James needs to break into Regina's vault and find the box where she locked up his courage!!

And i can't wait for Grumpy's backstory! And I will giggle like a school girl if he says the word Poppet at least once during this show!

But I seriously think James needs to break into Regina's vault and find the box where she locked up his cajones!!

And i can't wait for Grumpy's backstory! And I will giggle like a school girl if he says the word Poppet at least once during this show!

Awesome statements and I echo your thoughts.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

But I seriously think James needs to break into Regina's vault and find the box where she locked up his cajones!!

My goodness! Me too! David is just a spinless wimp.

What is the humor in the word Poppet? It is ringing a bell, but it is still fuzzy.

My goodness! Me too! David is just a spinless wimp.

What is the humor in the word Poppet? It is ringing a bell, but it is still fuzzy.

The same guy that plays Grumpy plays Pintel in POTC. He is always calling Elizabeth 'poppet.'

I'm not in the camp of August being Rumples son or Henry's father.

I think he is the keep/writer of the book.

Why has Emma never asked Mary Margret where she originally got the book from? And why has she never read the thing. If she cares about Henry and his mental health ,and he cares about this book wouldn't it make sense that she would spent sometime getting to know more about it.

I love a good mystery but I would perfer the character's actions to make some type of sense. For instance... Mary Margret never gave a second thought to the fact that she could not remember meeting the orginal sheriff. I think we all know when we met the people in our lives.

Why has Emma never asked Mary Margret where she originally got the book from? And why has she never read the thing. If she cares about Henry and his mental health ,and he cares about this book wouldn't it make sense that she would spent sometime getting to know more about it.

I love a good mystery but I would perfer the character's actions to make some type of sense. For instance... Mary Margret never gave a second thought to the fact that she could not remember meeting the orginal sheriff. I think we all know when we met the people in our lives.
That is a great observation, but in Emma's defense, I don't read every book my kids read- even the one's they are really into. It is good enough for them to tell me what is going on.
But the never questioning the timeline really gets to me to! Mary should at least notice that most of her students are like the Simpson children: 28 years and no one has moved up a grade- except Henry?!? That really bugs me, and REEKS of loophole!!

How much time has passed between Rumple leaving his son and today?
Not counting the 28 years of the curse, you have enough time for Gepetto to grow from a small child who's parents are turned to wood to an old man who makes a son out of wood. So at the very least that is 40+ years. And Rumpelstiltskin's son was at least 14 when he either went to war, ran away or died. we don;t know yet!

Not counting the 28 years of the curse, you have enough time for Gepetto to grow from a small child who's parents are turned to wood to an old man who makes a son out of wood. So at the very least that is 40+ years. And Rumpelstiltskin's son was at least 14 when he either went to war, ran away or died. we don;t know yet!

Duh, yeah.

So, Rumple's son would be very old, unless, of course, he received some kind of magic to be ABOUT Emma's age. So I don't think August is Rumple's son.

Also in the Hansel and Gretel one where Emma pulls to the side of the road and she is reading the newspaper. The heading says 7 yr. old finds infant on the side of the road.

I was kind of thinking maybe August was him but I'm leaning towards him being from FTL.

Also MM is a teacher why would she read the book or maybe she did but why would she feel that it has a connection to her in any way. The curse erased her memory.

Emma did read the book that is why she burn the last pages in the episode with Mr. Hopper (can't remember which one) but I've just felt if she did really read it she would be more aware of things going on. She is obviously skeptical but really she read it and has no clue what to do?

Just an added thought. Rumple keeps saying he "lost' his son. If he was indeed in SB don't you think he would have looked him up? I think he would. He has his memory in tack but if his son is dead then why bother.

...... but in Emma's defense, I don't read every book my kids read- even the one's they are really into. It is good enough for them to tell me what is going on.

I agree, I don't read all the books my kids read either... but if a book was the cause of my kid having to see a shrink I would read it!!!!!!

I laid out the math of how that isn't possible on pg. 109. In order for August to be Rumpelstiltskin's son he would have had to stop aging long before the spell was cast. Otherwise he would be in his mid 50's at least. And I believe the article said the boy that found baby Emma was 7.

As far as "true love's kiss" I fear we may have a while to go. Hopefully Mary can grow the backbone of the two and tell him to get lost. Then he has to woo her all over again and this time it will *actually* be true love, not just love-at-first-waking-up-out-of-a-coma. I think it might go hand in hand with the story of Snow White drinking the "forget about James" potion. How she has to fall in love with him again there too.

I think the forgetting potion must have worn off or the spell was broken eventually because we know that Snow White and James eventually do fall in love and get married and have a child together.

I have seen every single episode and I don't remember some stuff y'all are talking about. I have all the episodes saved in my DVR. I think I need to go back and watch them. Y'all are very observant. more than me. :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter