Onboard booking w/Costco

Ravenne

Queen is never late everyone else is simply early
Under the new policy, when you make a placeholder booking onboard and list Costco as a TA, when you're ready to apply that to a real itinerary, do you call Costco to do it, or DCL? I'm not sure who you'd turn to to do that since it's not actually a real reservation that you're changing.

Under the new policy, when you make a placeholder booking onboard and list Costco as a TA, when you're ready to apply that to a real itinerary, do you call Costco to do it, or DCL? I'm not sure who you'd turn to to do that since it's not actually a real reservation that you're changing.
Call Costco if you assign them.

When you book onboard you say assign this booking to Costco, after that everything goes through them.

Unless Costco handled your current reservation (for which you are sailing) -- you cannot name them while onboard. You can only name the TA who handled your current reservation, or no TA. If you don't wish to use the same TA, or did not use a TA, you can do the OBB without a TA and transfer it later.

Once a TA is attached to your reservation, that TA must handled any date changes, stateroom changes, etc.

Enjoy your cruise!

Booked onboard through DCL. Had no TA assigned to the cruise I was on when I made the OBB

The TA rule for OBBs is relatively new, within the past year or maybe even 6 months. I'll see if I can find the info. If you booked onboard longer ago, yes, you would have been allowed to name a TA or a different TA.

Unless Costco handled your current reservation (for which you are sailing) -- you cannot name them while onboard. You can only name the TA who handled your current reservation, or no TA. If you don't wish to use the same TA, or did not use a TA, you can do the OBB without a TA and transfer it later.

Once a TA is attached to your reservation, that TA must handled any date changes, stateroom changes, etc.

Enjoy your cruise!

I think that's the main part that I'm confused about. With the new placeholder policy, it's not an actual reservation from what I understand. Considering such, when do you transfer it? You typically only have 30 days to transfer a reservation, so do you transfer that placeholder when you get home? Do you transfer the placeholder when the new itineraries come out and you've found the one that you want, which could be a year away?

I think that's the main part that I'm confused about. With the new placeholder policy, it's not an actual reservation from what I understand. Considering such, when do you transfer it? You typically only have 30 days to transfer a reservation, so do you transfer that placeholder when you get home? Do you transfer the placeholder when the new itineraries come out and you've found the one that you want, which could be a year away?

My understanding is that you will still have a confirmation number that can be modified, it just won't have a date/ship/itinerary attached. Sort of an open reservation, so to speak. So I would think you have 30 days from when you purchase the "placeholder" onboard -- same as the most recent process of transferring an OBB.

Another question. Does Costco give the full 9% cash card if you transfer the booking to them as opposed to booking directly with them while aboard ship?

Another question. Does Costco give the full 9% cash card if you transfer the booking to them as opposed to booking directly with them while aboard ship?

I don't know that it's a full 9% but it's no different than if you were to book online, onboard, or transfer. I've never heard of getting a bigger cash card for booking on the ship and listing them as a TA though. I'm looking to transfer my reservation, and what a Costco Travel rep told me is the same exact amount as what is shown on their website if I were to book the same exact reservation directly on Costco Travel's website...about 7.3%.

Sorry cant help you but when you book through costco when do you receieve the costco card for the reservation? We used costco but i forgot to ask him.
Thanks

Sorry cant help you but when you book through costco when do you receieve the costco card for the reservation? We used costco but i forgot to ask him.
Thanks

You receive it after your cruise, I think I've read people say within a week or two.

Thanks

Yep, pretty much what perditax said. I was told 2-3 weeks after your cruise by a Costco Travel rep.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter