On the 13th Day of Disney... (LAST REPORT!)

Thank you so much for making me laugh until I cried!! What a great writer you are!! I enjoyed your report sooooooooo much. Like alot of other posters said-we feel like we know you & your family. Thanks for taking us along for the ride! :cool1:

what fantastic trip reports really enjoyed reading them
:wizard: :wave:

I cant believe how detailed you are.. What a Great Keep Sake you have just wrote for your family.A true masterpiece.. Some Day your children will be so greatful for this trip report... Thank You so so much for providing us with hours of reading pleasure...

Thank you so much for your trip report. I have been reading them when I had a free moment over the last couple of days and last night stayed awake reading until I almost fell asleep at the computer, but I did not want to stop reading. What a joy to share in your vacation and your family. I am looking more forward, if that is possible, to my upcoming trip! I will be thinking of you when we hit some of those same areas that you explain in such wonderful detail!

I pray that the Magic stays with you always and that you feel the way you have helped us to feel for ever!

Thanks again!

Thank you for a very delightful trip report - was very worried when your anniversary arrived and didn't see anywhere that your husband acknowledged it :sad2: . But glad to see you had a wonderful anniversary dinner :love:

Am always intrigued at reading trip reports with children - we stayed at BWV in 1997 (12 of us - me, my kids ages then were DS 19, DD 17, DS 14 & SIL, BIL, DNce, DNeph & another SIL, 2 friends of my DS both 19). We had a great time but remember grumpy times even by me as I had planned the whole trip (and paid for) and felt SIL&BIL were ungrateful at times. My youngest 2 (DS 4 & DS 10) didn't go - which was in part to my SIL's urging that they nor I would enjoy the trip. My SIL & BIL were grumpy about the bus trip over to the Whoopdidoo Revue (I had sent them on a trip the year b4 when they stayed at POR and they said bus service was much better). They could tell I was upset mostly because if it weren't for my brother's inheritance (he had died the prior year) I could never have afforded a luxurious trip like this and here they were complaining. An earlier recap of our life: (My hubby, me & our 5 kids had taken a trip from Oregon to DW in 1994 but he died of a sudden heart attack at the hotel in Kissimmee before we ever ventured to the parks. We packed up & moved to Wheeling, WV to bury him (he grew up there.)

Anyway wanted to throw in my 2cents about how fun it is to be with family on trips but can at times be exhausting - enough of my long saga :charac2:

I've been working 2 jobs this year in hopes to take my youngest 2 now ages 12 & 18 and stay again at BWV (except this time I'll use my head and use DVC points). My youngest's main wish is to go to the Living Gardens at Epcot and put his dad's and uncle's names in the memory tiles which I think is awesome for a 12 year old.

Your report was so detailed and a delight to read - truly was emphatic of all the times that seem to test the best of us and you came out a real trooper!!!
:cheer2:

Just when I think this trip report has been filed away, someone resurrects it, haha! My greatest reward in writing it when people read it and enjoy -- so THANK YOU to you folks who have done just that and then shared your thoughts in return! :goodvibes

You know, I'm embarrased to admit that I noticed I NEVER DID POST THE REST OF THE PICTURES! Shame on me! I'll have to try to finish the job!

Thanks again, DIS friends -- wishing you all oodles of endless magic on your travels, wherever the road may take you!

:flower:

heaven2dc said:
Thank you for a very delightful trip report - was very worried when your anniversary arrived and didn't see anywhere that your husband acknowledged it :sad2: . But glad to see you had a wonderful anniversary dinner :love:

Gifts have never been DH's strong suit, haha! Don't get me wrong- he's a loving, giving, wonderful husband, but after 14 yrs of marriage, I've come to terms with the fact he's just more practical than romantic, I guess. He's afraid of getting me anything that I wouldn't like or that wouldn't be of any use... (sentimentality is not something he understands!) Flowers die... he's afraid of buying ANYTHING in women's clothing... we're typically not big dine-out folks... and I'm not a big jewelry person (working as a chemist, I wear fairly minimal jewelry... it's a safety thing, more for the sake of the jewelry than for me!) Once, he did buy me -- to my utter surprise -- a Valentine's gift in Victoria's Secret. I guess my post-3rd baby blues made him think he needed to show me he thought of me as more than "Mom" to his progeny....but I really had to stifle a laugh, though, when I opened it! I knew good and well the only way he had the opportunity (and nerve) to buy that gift was to haul all 3 kids into the store with him... the idea of my DH standing there grabbing swiftly, blindly at the first thing he could find with 3 kids in tow (ages 5,4, and infant at the time!) just made me giggle, for some reason! The fact that it wasn't the right size or really "me" made no difference -- I knew what courage it took for him to do that, and that was my "gift", really!

Am always intrigued at reading trip reports with children - we stayed at BWV in 1997 (12 of us - me, my kids ages then were DS 19, DD 17, DS 14 & SIL, BIL, DNce, DNeph & another SIL, 2 friends of my DS both 19). We had a great time but remember grumpy times even by me as I had planned the whole trip (and paid for) and felt SIL&BIL were ungrateful at times. My youngest 2 (DS 4 & DS 10) didn't go - which was in part to my SIL's urging that they nor I would enjoy the trip. My SIL & BIL were grumpy about the bus trip over to the Whoopdidoo Revue (I had sent them on a trip the year b4 when they stayed at POR and they said bus service was much better). They could tell I was upset mostly because if it weren't for my brother's inheritance (he had died the prior year) I could never have afforded a luxurious trip like this and here they were complaining. An earlier recap of our life: (My hubby, me & our 5 kids had taken a trip from Oregon to DW in 1994 but he died of a sudden heart attack at the hotel in Kissimmee before we ever ventured to the parks. We packed up & moved to Wheeling, WV to bury him (he grew up there.)

Anyway wanted to throw in my 2cents about how fun it is to be with family on trips but can at times be exhausting - enough of my long saga :charac2:

Wow-- with that kind of history, I'm amazed they would have the gall to complain AT ALL!

I enjoy the family trips, but don't paint our vacations as post-card perfect by any means! Like ANY trip, it had its ups and downs, and people-conflict comes with the territory, especially when you have more than one family traveling together. However, I just couldn't see the point in making that a highlight in my trip-report. For starters, I don't think people are always aware of how they may come off. THings that may have gotten me miffed may have had a logical explanation, if I had bothered to press for one. But since I didn't, it didn't seem fair to bust on that person in a trip report, where the DIS world could form an opinion about them without them even having a chance to defend themselves! (And besides, then they would have the fair game of writing a report about ME... and I'd just as soon pass on that as I would a barium enema, thank you kindly!)

I've been working 2 jobs this year in hopes to take my youngest 2 now ages 12 & 18 and stay again at BWV (except this time I'll use my head and use DVC points). My youngest's main wish is to go to the Living Gardens at Epcot and put his dad's and uncle's names in the memory tiles which I think is awesome for a 12 year old.

Your report was so detailed and a delight to read - truly was emphatic of all the times that seem to test the best of us and you came out a real trooper!!!
:cheer2:

I think the memory tiles is an incredible idea, and even moreso coming as an inspiration from a child. It's certainly a testimony to how well your family has kept your husband "alive" in your hearts all these years, especially for a young child who lost his father so long ago. I was 11 when my father died suddenly -- and I make it a point to share every bit of those 11 years (and every bit of history I know prior to that!) with my 3 children, so that their Grandpa Don is as real to them as the relatives they know here on earth.

Hope a most magical, wonderful trip to WDW is in the very near future for you and your family! :wizard:

I am new to these boards and am planning my first ever trip to WDW! I just had to tell you that I sooooooooooooooo loved your reports! I am sad that there are no more! You are an awesome writer and I felt as if I was there with you!

gopherit said:
Just when I think this trip report has been filed away, someone resurrects it, haha! My greatest reward in writing it when people read it and enjoy -- so THANK YOU to you folks who have done just that and then shared your thoughts in return! :goodvibes QUOTE]

I am so happy someone did resurrect it! I have lol so many times during your tr, ("Someone give Mrs. Eisner something to chew on besides me") haahhahahahaaa

Thank you so much, I thoroughly enjoyed it! :sunny:

Just read day 1 and need to post to get in my subsciptions so I can read the rest

Just read through all of your trip reports and now I was wondering if you ever got around to posting the pictures from your trip? Would love to see themW BTW youre a riot and your kids crack me up!

Your trip report made me laugh so hard, and brought tears to my eyes a couple of time. :sunny: You have a wonderful family, and I GREATLY appreciate your sense of humour. If it is possible, reading this has made me anticipate my own trip even more! :Pinkbounc

These were so GREAT! I read then all in one day and am now SUPER pumped for my upcoming Disney trip! The Brer Rabbit pants fiasco cracked me up: it's so like my little sister!
Thanks!

This is the best trip report I have ever read! When is your next Disney vacation scheduled??

THanks, everybody! Glad you've enjoyed it!

gopack said:
This is the best trip report I have ever read! When is your next Disney vacation scheduled??

Well, technically, we just got back from one, though it wasn't the "usual" Disney trip... we went to Disney's Hilton Head Island resort for a week. I'm trying to pen up a report on that one... meanwhile, we plan to Tour De World again this time, next year... so I am now in official PLANNING MODE! (Insert groans from family members!) On the agenda already: 3 days at Universal! YIKES! I don' know nuthin 'bout doin no Universal, Miss Scarlet. It's gonna be like traveling over to the dark side for us Disneyphiles! After our Universal Encounter, we plan to spend a week at Beach Club Villas, all things permitting. I'm getting excited already! (Which is good, because I'm sort of in a post-vacation slump after HHI!)

Thanks again, folks! :goodvibes

You guys will love Universal. FOTL is so great and the resorts are very nice as well. RPR is very nice, love the tropical theme. HRH has a great deluxe room that has 2 queen and a fold out sofa, the room is bigger than the 2 bd rooms and the sofa is actually pretty comfy.
Also the Universal resorts have Dive in movies. The boys had fun hanging out in the pool watching a movie.

Fantastic trip reports ~ It has been a pleasure reading them. Thanx for posting.

What a wonderful writer you are!! I thoroughly enjoyed every daily report of your trip and the humor you interjected so very often - we are going to the Boardwalk over Labor Day Weekend (14 of us) and I hope we can capture the "magic" as you all did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter