OMG mom can't we just go back to the hotel and swim?...lots of pics!!...updated 4/24

I just found your TR and was enjoying all the pics of POP and the nostalgia when I saw the one with Michael Jackson. How bittersweet that was your favorite era and his album was in the shadow box (not sure if that's what those are called).

Your kids sound like mine were at that age (altho I still have a 16 yr old son). When my DD joined me on my trip in December 2008, all she wanted to do was find places to smoke :headache: Plus we didn't get to see hardly anything at AK on our last day, just KS and took the train to pet the animals for my GS. I definitely enjoyed my 4 solo days before she came :laughing:

I know! I was looking through my TR to see what I put up and saw that. I hate the fact that he is gone. But like my mom said we all have to die sometime. Her idol was Elvis and he was buried on her birthday so she knows all about this :)

OK OK :lmao: I am about to update :)

When we last left you I had already heard the words "when can we go swimming" and we had fast passes for the safari. What comes out of my Disney darlings next? "mom I am hungry can we eat now?" I said "we just got here!?" but what can you say when kids are hungry so off we go to find lunch. Along the way I took a picture of the mountain

118.jpg

Here is where we wound up for lunch:
116.jpg

120.jpg

122.jpg

123.jpg

I loved the decor in this place it was so colorful and cheery. So it was about 11:15 when we went in so it was not busy at all. I got a kids mac and cheese with grapes and jello. DD got a kids pizza with apple sauce and jello and DS got an Italian sandwich and water. I thought it was OK for the price but my meal was luke warm.

121.jpg

After a 45 minute meal (not sure why it took that long) we browsed in the Island Mercantile and found this when we left the store:

124.jpg

125.jpg

The photo pass lady reminded Lilo that DS was too old for her :rotfl: It was now time to seriously search for Pooh. I finally found the boat dock :banana: Well when did DS figure out who we were gonna see? When as we were walking down to them Tigger was walking out to get a drink :laughing: DS was excited but being a male didn't want them to know it. And I was excited since I would be saving $ by not going to CP.

129.jpg

130.jpg

133.jpg

I did get a few pictures taken also but they are on my photo pass. After finding Pooh finally we went to get fast passes for Expedition Everest. Our return time was 5:40 :scared1: that was almost 5 hours later. We went back to go to the Safari and out of the corner of my eye I saw this:

136.jpg

137.jpg

I wasn't even looking for DeVine. We watched her walk for a few minutes. I was amazed that she was there. I heard she was hard to find. So on we walked to the Safari. Along the way we ran into Jungle Book characters (forgive me I don't know their names since I have never watched the movie)

140.jpg

So up next: Will we ever get to the safari? What other characters do we see and will I get to ride Expedition Everest?

It is great that you ran into so many characters, and got pictures. I look forward to the photopass pictures also.:surfweb:

The characters names are Baloo (the bear) King Louie (the orangutan)

Thanks! I was thinking his name was Babaloo so I was close but had no Idea on the other.

It is great that you ran into so many characters, and got pictures. I look forward to the photopass pictures also.:surfweb:

I ran into characters that I had no idea who they were. I am still working on the photopass pics. I need to get moving on that :)

OMG Mom what a great update! Sorry, had to say it.:rotfl: Seriously, what a great update.

Ok lol don't make me cringe again :rotfl: and thanks. I still have 14 days to go after I finish AK :scared1: Maybe it will be done by the time we go back :rolleyes1

I love the decor at Pizzasafari too. It could have been the air conditionning that somehow lulled you into staying 45 minutes.

Great that you got to see Pooh and friends. I know how much you were back and forth on CP.

I love the decor at Pizzasafari too. It could have been the air conditionning that somehow lulled you into staying 45 minutes.

Great that you got to see Pooh and friends. I know how much you were back and forth on CP.

That could be it with the air lol. I was glad too that we saw Pooh. I was afraid I would have to call dining and get a ADR for CP.

So we are now on the way to see the Safari when DS says "OMG mom can't we just go back to the resort and go swimming" This is now the second time he has uttered those words and I said "no we haven't even rode anything yet so get over it" DS sulks for a few minutes and then perks up on the Safari.

150.jpg

149.jpg

144.jpg

145.jpg

146.jpg

151-4.jpg

152-4.jpg

153-4.jpg

155-4.jpg

156-4.jpg

159-3.jpg

I loved this safari. The only bad thing was I had drank too much and the bumps were not helping the cause :rotfl2: After the safari DD saw a cart that had stuffed tigers and wanted one. DS was still complaining about the heat and wanted a water. When I got the bill after paying I noticed he got a vitamin water that cost 4 bucks. I informed him that since he took it upon himself to get the most expensive water that I would be taking it out of his souvie money (he never did this again lol).

Next up more characters, a parade, a show and someone pushes me to my limits.

I can sympathize with your kids, it's HOT in AK!

It is funny how we can take our kids to great places and all they care about is going swimming...:rotfl2:

One day I will eat at Pizzafari, it looks so vibrant and fun.

I'm glad your DS got to meet Pooh. :thumbsup2

Are you going to share the souvie pics? My DD would love to see the plush tiger.

I love the decor at pizzafari too. -- I love the pic of the giraffe - You were so close:goodvibes

I love that they are at disney and just want to go swimming

What?!:scared1:

But I understand - My DS asked me if we would have time to watch tv while we were there.
Yep dear. I just spent thousands so you could watch tv in a different location:sad2:

I can sympathize with your kids, it's HOT in AK!

It is funny how we can take our kids to great places and all they care about is going swimming...:rotfl2:

One day I will eat at Pizzafari, it looks so vibrant and fun.

I'm glad your DS got to meet Pooh. :thumbsup2

Are you going to share the souvie pics? My DD would love to see the plush tiger.

I just took a pic for you. The tiger cost $17 I believe :)

005-4.jpg

I love the decor at pizzafari too. -- I love the pic of the giraffe - You were so close:goodvibes

I love that they are at Disney and just want to go swimming

What?!:scared1:

But I understand - My DS asked me if we would have time to watch tv while we were there.
Yep dear. I just spent thousands so you could watch tv in a different location:sad2:

I know what you mean. My DS was happy just watching Stacy on TV. It is one thing he can't wait to do when we go back in December. :rotfl:

Well my determined little DS went out and got himself a job!! :cool1: :banana: And why is mom so happy? Because DS will help me pay that massive car insurance bill that went up when he got his driver's license and he can help pay his cell phone bill. DS is already making plans to buy a car, his own school clothes, and use his own money when we go to WDW so he can buy "whatever I (he) wants without having to ask mom" His new job is at McDonald's. It is kind of ironic that he got his first job there because that is where I got my first job when I was a senior in high school way back when. I made 4 bucks an hour :scared1: He will be making at least 7.25 an hour when minimum wage goes up on July 24. Now back to my trip report :) I will update tomorrow. I was working on my photopass pictures tonight. I have 10 days left to get them done :eek:

Aww, good news about DS's job. It will be great for him to buy his own stuff and help out Mom too.

Thanks for posting the pic of the tiger, I'll be sure to show my DD in the morning. It's a great reminder of AK.

You better get busy on the photopass pics. We all wanna see them. :goodvibes

So are you going to be saying "we are going to have a good time whether you like it or not". I have used that a few times.

Aww, good news about DS's job. It will be great for him to buy his own stuff and help out Mom too.

Thanks for posting the pic of the tiger, I'll be sure to show my DD in the morning. It's a great reminder of AK.

You better get busy on the photopass pics. We all wanna see them. :goodvibes

I have Epcot and HS done in photo pass. The dang thing keeps kicking me off and it ticks me off lol.

So are you going to be saying "we are going to have a good time whether you like it or not". I have used that a few times.

I am sure that came out of my mouth :lmao:

I GOT MICKEY MAIL TODAY!!! I am glad it wasn't a secret since it said We are glad you are coming back for Justin's Birthday :rotfl2: I can't wait.

I must have been out of the loop or just not paying attention. I didn't realize you were going back.

That's great news.

I must have been out of the loop or just not paying attention. I didn't realize you were going back.

That's great news.

Yep we are going back for DS' birthday. I will explain how it came about when we get to that day in the TR. I am about to update now.

So when we last left you we had just bought a ridiculously high water (don't worry he got the money back and then some :rotfl: ) and went on a safari. Next I wanted to go see Mickey and Minnie since we had not seen them yet. Off to Camp Mickey we go. Along the way we find another character that I didn't know. I asked the CM and found out he/she was from Tarzan

161.jpg

I swear if I does not have a princess or a catchy song I have no idea who they are :rotfl2: We continue on and come upon these bears. I asked DD who they were and she said they were from the brother bear movie. She had to watch it in a class and she said it made her sad.

162.jpg

163.jpg

In the picture DD is laughing because the bear was picking at her ear. She is very ticklish on her head and neck area :rotfl2: So has anyone figured out which character DD is now obsessed with? Well here you go! But for the life of me I have no what made her this way.

164.jpg

165.jpg

166.jpg

The funniest thing happened while DD was getting her pictures with Goofy. The photo pass CM told Goofy his fly was down :rotfl2::rotfl2: So that was the highlight of the experience.

Next stop was Donald.

168.jpg

So while we were here I asked the Photo pass CM where would I find Daisy. I was told that she was one of the hardest characters to find. That she was always out shopping :rotfl: CM told me that she is usually at MK during rope drop. I figured out then and there that I would never get to meet the elusive Daisy :rotfl2:

Next we got to see Mickey and Minnie

169.jpg

After we leave here we go back to the Pizzafari and wait because first of all I am tired of the "its so hot when are we leaving" comments that I was ready to rest. It was about 3:00 but I had prime seats for the Jammin Jungle parade :woohoo:

Next up: A parade, a show and someone finally makes me lose it :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter