OMG!! Look at the new Ike forecast

I know it - we're in Pensacola. Even though Gustave didn't hit us, it still affected DH's job. About the time they'll all be going back to work, this thing should be coming in!!

Hey! I'm from Pensacola too! That stinks about your DH's job. My heart goes out to those hit hard by Fay and Gustav. The only affect from Gustav I've seen is a paid day off work and a lack of food supply at Burger King! :rotfl:

The ideal thing is nobody gets hit by a major hurricane, but I sure I am praying this storm will spare the panhandle from catastrophe! :grouphug:

wow- now it looks like its headed back towards LA. Thise poor people dealing with this again so soon.

I keep monitoring the forcast and getting more depressed. DH has a conference next weekend at WDW. We are supposed to fly out of gulfport, ms on Friday and I'm supposed to fly home on Sun. night, he's staying until Wed. night. This was supposed to be a weekend away for us, leaving the kids here with the relatives. Even if we get to go, I'm feeling guilty about leaving my children during bad weather. Go away Ike!:mad:

My thoughts and prayers are with all of those in the path of Ike....we're getting some of the rain from Hanna right now and it's expected to get heavier with gusty winds.....the only fear we have is losing power....when Isabel hit we were without power for a couple days.

We just returned from vacation and had to stay in Rome for 3 days until New Orleans airport re-opened two days ago. Now it looks like we will be preparing for Ike and any other potential storms.

I just hope this storm decides to fizzle out (not likely), or goes somewhere else. We just couldn't handle another category 3 or 4 in this region right now.

I don't know if my house can handle much more rain. And with DH being sent down south to work every major hurricaine I am stuck her to sandbag by myself. On the plus side because of the over planning of Gustav my DH made atleast 1000 more this pay check. That is a nice deposit on another trip.

I hope you get through this one ok too. I like your glass half full mind set.. I hope that extra money finds you back in the World soon! :)

I live just north of the Miami-Dade county line and it is absolutely crazy out there right now. My DH went out twice last night looking for gas, he was on empty and he finally got some gas at about 10 and they only have premium at $3.99 (prices for regular yesterday morning was $3.62 now its up to $3.77). I had to cancel a weekend trip to Tampa because we are not sure what is going to happen. Shelves are empty at the stores, lines at gas pumps, people boarding up their houses....and we still don't know if this is going to affect us at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter