OMG!! I got the best deal at Alamo for DEC

I love Disney transportation, but I will be staying offsite this trip with 3 girls and by the time I pay for 4 shuttles to the hotel from the airport it would pay for more than half of my car for the week. Besides I don't trust offsite transportation to get me there in a timely manner like Disney does! :wave:

peacefulgirl said:
don't they have free buses now? just a reminder for those not really needing a car... saving money is FUN!

Yeah, but the Pop buses stink, so I will NOT stay there again without my own car.

wonderlandaddict said:
EthansMon got the great deal of $107.50.
What codes did you use?
I got 154.00 for midsize thru costo using their $20 of code for 7 days.
Please share your information!! :flower:

Did you try this..... Use this from mousesavers "Wal-Mart Customers (i.e. anyone) can get up to 20% off rentals at Alamo. Use Rate Code BY and ID# 430710. " and use coupon code D42C. Use them all at one time and then you should be able to get the rate we are getting

EthansMom said:
I'm still showing the same good prices for our dates. It may be that you can't get a great rate because of availability during your dates.

sorry, I meant the glitch must have been why I was getting a price quote of $1498, not that the good price was a glitch.

helenk said:
Did you try this..... Use this from mousesavers "Wal-Mart Customers (i.e. anyone) can get up to 20% off rentals at Alamo. Use Rate Code BY and ID# 430710. " and use coupon code D42C. Use them all at one time and then you should be able to get the rate we are getting

I am wondering how everyone is getting a great deal and I am not also. My travel dates are 11/29-12/5. I got a rate of $167.62 for a full size car with Alamo. I am paying $163 rght now for a full size with National. My rate with National hasn't budged in months. I hope that as time gets closer I am going to see a downward trend.

My problem is the fact that we are flying into Tampa not Orlando. So that makes the price almost $170 more. If anyone comes up with a good code for Tampa let me know. Thanks for the codes though

Since I started this post, I have rebooked 3 more times. I was at $199 for 9 days included all taxes and fees and now I am at $178.62!!! :cool1:

graygables said:
Yeah, but the Pop buses stink, so I will NOT stay there again without my own car.

hmm that is exactly opposite of what I think. I always thought POP buses were great. Funny how things are defferent for all of us. Oh well, have fun!

Kudos to OP! I thought my costco price of $167.35 for a week was very good for a standard SUV for dates of 12/5-12/12. BUT...rechecked costco site and now my standard SUV for dates of 12/3-12/12 is only $172.77. This is an awesome deal for such a big car. My totals above included taxes and airport junk fee. I think you must rent from MCO for the low weekly rate. I think costco site is slightly cheaper than OP codes because it has a link for a $25 off coupon, not $15 internet coupon.

I quickly modified my December reservations as well as our February reservations (during President's weekend).

Good luck everyone.
Cynthia

Thank you so much to the OP!!!

I just booked a Chevy Equinox for Sept. 28 - Oct. 4 for $114 TOTAL using the Rate/Product Code BYW3, Contract I.D. 430710, and the $15 internet coupon for weekly rentals available at the Alamo site! I got all of the codes from Mousesavers - they are for "WalMart Customers" (anyone.)
They had 7 passenger minivans for $118 plus taxes and fees! The price for a compact car was a bit more than the mid sized SUV price!

:cool1:

I just re-did my reservation, I went from 110.00 to 104.00!!!

I just went and checked for our May trip and the amounts are $40 cheaper for SUV and Convertible. I made a quick reservation and cancellation of my old one. this is using the codes in this thread and going to entertainment.com signing in as 2005 book holder and you can look at next years coupons. Clicked on Alamo and they gave all of the new 2006 coupons.

I'm also getting good rates here but I have concerns about Alamo based on our two of our three previous experiences with them (both being from their onsite location). The last two times (Aug 04 and Jan 05) we waited in line for over an hour at the Alamo counter while all the other counters were empty. Not sure this is worth the price, everyone in line was VERY frustrated.

Any more recent experiences? I'd like to use them again because they have the best rates, but arriving late I don't want to waste the whole evening standing in line. Others? :confused3

Thank you OP!! I just got the $107.50 price for 12/10-12/17 Midsize SUV!! Very happy with that price as we had a Dollar res for $238 on a mini van. I'll be cancelling that thank you :)

I was wondering though, I saw on the Alamo site that I could save 15% more if I prepay. Has anyone done this before? I'm wondering if I had to pay at the time I made the revervation or if I can go back and do it a feww weekd before we go.

alisa

jcanary said:
I just went and checked for our May trip and the amounts are $40 cheaper for SUV and Convertible. I made a quick reservation and cancellation of my old one. this is using the codes in this thread and going to entertainment.com signing in as 2005 book holder and you can look at next years coupons. Clicked on Alamo and they gave all of the new 2006 coupons.
Hi, Were you actually able to put in a "coupon code" before getting the Entertainment Book??We are going in Feb. and I have a good rate with Alamo now, but would like to do the $20.coupon(price online) and purchase the book before I go to actually have coupon in hand.Or could I just use the coupon when I pick up the car even if it is not on my paperwork?? Sorry if this is confusing! :confused3 Oh, I do have a 2005 Orlando book but I do not see any 2006 codes when I am signed in. Thanks, Joan

Beezle2 said:
I was wondering though, I saw on the Alamo site that I could save 15% more if I prepay. Has anyone done this before? I'm wondering if I had to pay at the time I made the revervation or if I can go back and do it a feww weekd before we go.

alisa

I just got off the phone with alamo...They said you could pay anytime up to 48 hrs prior to the rental.... (worth it to save another $19)

:wave2: We're going 10th-17th also maybe we'll see you in line..... Hope they have enough equinox's for all of us Dis'rs.....

Thank you you saved me some money.

I don't know what I was doing wrong but when I went in to do new ressie I got 400.00 ish for midsize suv, I also had this problem when i went to update our ressie with correct p/u and d/o times d/t flight plans changing. I went in and modified my exsisting ressie and saved 30.00 plus I DON't have to do all the driving now!!!!! I will now be able to let DH drive.

Yes you can obtain the new coupon code by signing onto entertainment.com. I registered for my 2005 book. When i go in with my registration name and password it asks if I want to see 2006 coupons. I chose travel and then rental cars and then more(it only lists 4 or 5) then I click on alamo and it lists all of the coupons. You click on the one you want to use, $15 , $25 off, upgrade, free day, etc. and then follow the option on the right of your screen, I believe it may say to make a reservation using this coupon. then it will put the coupon code in and you can change the rate code or id if you want.
Good luck.

Anyway to get that coupon without buying the book? I really don't see us using it and I won't spend $30 just to get the $15 off coupon. Any suggestions?

jcanary said:
Yes you can obtain the new coupon code by signing onto entertainment.com. I registered for my 2005 book. When i go in with my registration name and password it asks if I want to see 2006 coupons. I chose travel and then rental cars and then more(it only lists 4 or 5) then I click on alamo and it lists all of the coupons. You click on the one you want to use, $15 , $25 off, upgrade, free day, etc. and then follow the option on the right of your screen, I believe it may say to make a reservation using this coupon. then it will put the coupon code in and you can change the rate code or id if you want.
Good luck.
Thank You so much for the answer! I was not clicking to the right to actually see the coupon and book! Anyway I was able to take another $20. off my 10 day res. for Feb. I now have a STANDARD SUV (10 days) for $252.78! :cool1: Joan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter