OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so sorry if this has been asked. I did try a search but had no luck. I have two younger kids (soon to be 5 and 6). We will be staying at OKW over spring break in a studio. Can someone suggest a room request for us? Every day pool use will be important and we will be using the buses for transportation to the park. We did not get HH booking.

You are in luck. Every building at OKW is close to a bus stop and a pool. There are four pools at OKW, one is themed (hear the Hospitality House). And there are five bus stops. And if you want to go to a diffferent pool at OKW, you can hop any bus to get to the HH. When you want to go back to your villa, walk over to Peninsular Road bus stop (just across the bridge from HH) and take a bus from there to your area. But if you walk it, it is still only about ten minutes away or less.

I am so sorry if this has been asked. I did try a search but had no luck. I have two younger kids (soon to be 5 and 6). We will be staying at OKW over spring break in a studio. Can someone suggest a room request for us? Every day pool use will be important and we will be using the buses for transportation to the park. We did not get HH booking.

Honestly, you can pretty much stay in any of the buildings and not be disappointed. I would only say that you should request NOT to be in 29....you could end up on the end and be awake with the sound of the buses all night....especially with young ones.

You can take any bus from your stop and end up at the HH area where the main themed pool is. Turtle pond area is great for little kids too because you can see them in the pool pretty much where ever you sit, there is shade, there is a snack shack and there is a little less traffic. Also, there is a swing set there also.

Depending upon how sturdy their legs are, the walk from most of the buildings to the main area really isn't that bad. My youngest has been trecking back and forth to main pool since he was 4.5 yo and it has been fine.

If you ask for buildings 45 or 46 you can have a river view which is nice and again, not a far walk to any of the pools.

Cheryl

You are in luck. Every building at OKW is close to a bus stop and a pool. There are four pools at OKW, one is themed (hear the Hospitality House). And there are five bus stops. And if you want to go to a diffferent pool at OKW, you can hop any bus to get to the HH. When you want to go back to your villa, walk over to Peninsular Road bus stop (just across the bridge from HH) and take a bus from there to your area. But if you walk it, it is still only about ten minutes away or less.

Deb....you beat me too it....you posted as I was typing....hee heee. As you can see, great minds think alike!!!

che

zeferjen said:

Peninsular road will be good for buses (1st stop coming back and you can walk to hh to take a bus as it leaves okw) and accessing the main pool.

A question to those of you who have stayed in an OKW studio: How big are the refrigerators? They look pretty decent sized. I am traveling with a toddler and I'm pregnant - we are going to need at least a gallon and a half of milk. I wanted to have a small grocery order delivered but wasn't sure if it would fit that much.

A question to those of you who have stayed in an OKW studio: How big are the refrigerators? They look pretty decent sized. I am traveling with a toddler and I'm pregnant - we are going to need at least a gallon and a half of milk. I wanted to have a small grocery order delivered but wasn't sure if it would fit that much.

The one, two and three bedroom villas have full sized refrigerators with ice makers. The studio has an undercounter sized refrigerator with a small freezer section. These are bigger than the ones in the moderates and deluxe resorts.

I have to say that the gallon jug won't fit, you would have to get smaller containers. If I remember correctly, I couldn't fit the 2 lt bottle of soda.They are the size of the fridges that you would see in a hotel suite, so they really don't hold much.

cheryl

I take out the bottom shelf in the refrigerator and then I can fit in a gallon of milk.

A question - planning to book OKW for our October trip. The last time we stayed there we got a golf course view near HH. I remember though as we took the boat towards DTD we passed some villas right next to the waterway. I thought at the time they would be neat to stay at. What should I ask for - just water view or what? Being close to HH, really doesn't matter that much to us. Thanks.

A question - we passed some villas right next to the waterway. I thought at the time they would be neat to stay at. .

Building 45 & 46, beautiful and serene! My son when he was little (16 now) would fish with his uncle by the bank of those building when we stayed there.

Does anyone know if you can get a full size ironing board at Old Key West :confused3 My Disney skirts are cotton and need to be ironed after being taken out of my suitcase :rolleyes1 Those little mini boards are a real pain :headache:

Does anyone know if you can get a full size ironing board at Old Key West :confused3 My Disney skirts are cotton and need to be ironed after being taken out of my suitcase :rolleyes1 Those little mini boards are a real pain :headache:

You don't say what size unit you have but to the best of our recollection there are full size boards in all.

My experience has been that all villas at OKW have full size ironing boards. The only exception might be the studios but if that is the case you could call housekeeping and request a full size one. Should not be a problem replacing it.:)

Our last Dec. stay in a studio at OKW had the small size one but our January SSR studio stay had a full one.

The studios at OKW have a small table-top type ironing board. The larger units have a regular household ironing. If you are staying in a studio and need a full sized ironing board, you can call housekeeping and one will be delivered.

Howdy All,

I tend to stay at my home resort, AKLV, but decided to spread my wings a bit during a few trips I have planned so far in the year. I'm here now at SSR, and though its been lovely, I'm really finding myself missing AKLV because of how large this resort is. I've stayed at OKW a few times before, but don't want to have this same feeling. If I am remembering correctly, those units near HH are extra points, right? If so, what's the next best option to be near the area and a bus stop?

Howdy All,

I tend to stay at my home resort, AKLV, but decided to spread my wings a bit during a few trips I have planned so far in the year. I'm here now at SSR, and though its been lovely, I'm really finding myself missing AKLV because of how large this resort is. I've stayed at OKW a few times before, but don't want to have this same feeling. If I am remembering correctly, those units near HH are extra points, right? If so, what's the next best option to be near the area and a bus stop?

Being near HH does not require extra points. You can also request Springs section which is similar to staying at HH in OKW. It took me a few days to feel at home and get to know the grounds at SSR but I really like it. We stayed again January and felt more comfortable but we always feel that way when we stay at a new resort (except for the size of course). We always miss the other resorts but knowing we will be back many more times makes it easier. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter