OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fly down on Thurs (in about 36 hours). I can't wait :woohoo:

we're doing split stay AK/OKW in May (14-21)... I want to try other resorts too, but the we always want to come back to OKW to, so this way everyone is happy!

So happy to be going home, I wish it were next week. No, I wish it were today:banana:
Hope you both have wonderful trips!:dance3:
17 days until our first trip to OKW :cool1:
OKW is the best! :love: Enjoy!
We just closed on another 150 points at OKW.:banana::banana::banana:
How nice!:woohoo:Yay for you!

:goodvibes

Thank you so much - I am now using it as my desktop too! (hope you dont mind...)

I had the standard lighthouse pic up as mine, so this is a nice change, even if its making me want to book another tirip!! :banana:

100_0382.jpg

I love OKW pics too... I know I've posted this previously, but this is one of my favorites... and it is also my wallpaper for my computer. Each time I close stuff down I think, "ohhhhh I love OKW!":love:

4 more months for us... that's a long wait!:rolleyes1

What a great [ic. We were just there in November. Can't wait to get back.

Does anyone have photos they are willing to share of the different villa views available from the different OKW areas, i.e., views in HH, views from villas in the Turtle Pond area, Miller Rd, etc.

Thanks,
Kate

My views from our TP studio are post 1303 on page 87 of this thread. Go back and check them out! ;)

They aren't that great of pictures. I'm not a photographer that's for sure!:goodvibes

This is from building 46 (South Point)
ThanksgivingDisneytrip148.jpg

Disney.jpg

And this is from a studio balcony on Turtle Pond. I think it's building 40.
Flowerandgarden07002.jpg

My views from our TP studio are post 1303 on page 87 of this thread. Go back and check them out! ;)

They aren't that great of pictures. I'm not a photographer that's for sure!:goodvibes

I love seeing the swampy pond, I would be happy with such a view. Thanks for pointing me to your photos. :goodvibes

South point looks lovely also. Thanks Diane. My daughter and I are visiting OKW for the first time in June and normally I only request top floor (so it will be semi-quiet). I am curious as to the various views available at OKW. I think I am going to stay with just my top floor request and enjoy whatever is assigned but I would like to see what views others have experienced.

Looking forward to more views. :goodvibes

Kate

Just returned on Saturday from 9 days - I building 46 on the bottom. My parents went with us. We moved the LR chair into the master for my son to sleep on. He is 8 and was afraid to sleep in a strange room. We loved it. Will go back to OKW if we have the opportunity to return to DW. I do agree that some of the large appliances need to be replaced. Other than that we were pleased. I did feel the crowds were larger than what we saw 3 years ago at the same time. We stopped the magic hours after Monday and went to alternate parks. Ex. if magic hours on Animal Kingdom on Monday we went there on Tuesday. Very rude US tourists -extremely polite out of the US tourists. Heard more foreign languages than English.

Hello to you all from, for once, sunny England :thumbsup2 we are a family of 6 and are seriously looking at visiting OKW next year (we have been the CSR for the last 2 trips) and I have a question about the chair, especially the bit abouve about moving it, am I right in thinking that the chair can be moved to one of the bedrooms? that will be a huge help if it can.
Also I am interested to read about the access to the bathroom when in a 2 bed villa, can someone please confirm what building etc we would need to request to get a 2 bed villa where there is access to the bathroom without going through the master bedroom - we would like some peace and quiet at some point from the 4 kids!!! :rotfl2:

Hello to you all from, for once, sunny England :thumbsup2 we are a family of 6 and are seriously looking at visiting OKW next year (we have been the CSR for the last 2 trips) and I have a question about the chair, especially the bit abouve about moving it, am I right in thinking that the chair can be moved to one of the bedrooms? that will be a huge help if it can.
Also I am interested to read about the access to the bathroom when in a 2 bed villa, can someone please confirm what building etc we would need to request to get a 2 bed villa where there is access to the bathroom without going through the master bedroom - we would like some peace and quiet at some point from the 4 kids!!! :rotfl2:

We were in a 2br (#6212) in May, 2010. There were 2 separate bathrooms. The master bathroom can be accessed from the master bedroom and also through the laundry area.

No, the chair cannot be moved out of the living room. It is too heavy to move and won't fit through the doors without marking the doorways or damaging the chair. Leave it where it is.

Thanks for the replies.

Can I ask what everyone thinks of the bus service at OKW?
I ask as we have been to CSR twice and the bus service does not go to any other resorts therefore we have always felt that this was an advantage over other resorts.

Also how long, roughly, does it take to walk to Downtown Disney from OKW?

Thanks for your help so far.

Thanks for the replies.

I ask as we have been to CSR twice and the bus service does not go to any other resorts therefore we have always felt that this was an advantage over other resorts.

We've found the bus service at OKW to be top notch. It only picks up at OKW. It runs like clockwork with a bus to each park/downtown Disney running by every 20 minutes. Only once did we have an extended wait. We used the phone at the stop to call transportation and a bus was forthcoming in a matter of minutes.

We've not tried the walking path from OKW to DTD. We usually use the DVC boat from Conch Flats to DTD. The walking path commences near building 55 (South Point). The walkway is approximately 1 mile however it is not lit and it is not advised to walk this path after dark.

Thanks for the replies.

i agree with dmoore22!! :thumbsup2 we stayed at the contemp. in may 09 and paid $400 per night and the bus stops at the poly and the grand before it heads to the park.:mad: we are staying there again for dd grad. present and its the only thing im not looking forward to. thankfully, we can take the monorail to the mk and epcot. have a good trip!!:thumbsup2

We love OKW great service before we get there until the day we leave. We have received calls from OKW to make sure the room they were putting us in would be ok with us. LOVE THIS PLACE

I just wanted to jump in here and tell you that my brother arrived today for his first of 2 nights in a studio at OKW. He has been to Disney over a dozen times staying on property and off. He texted me to say that OKW is the nicest nicest resort he has stayed in on any trip he has been to Disney. He said he loves the old school classic look and feel of the resort and room.

Thought you guys would like to know that your home resort has a new fan.

:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter